Anyone purchase a broken XBOX 360 from ebay and to fix themselves???

itlnstln

CAGiversary!
I am looking to find a cheap way to purchase a XBOX 360 and have heard many people had success purchasing a broken one on eBay and fixing it themselves. If anyone has had success with this, please forward me the sellers user ID as there are so many that sell these and I want to be sure that I am getting one that will be fixable and from a recommended seller.
Also, these are being sold AS:IS - UNIT ONLY. What is the cost for new/used power cord, av cord and controller.
I understand that I am taking a chance on this purchase, and am ready to tackle this project. Who knows, if this works, it may become a hobby...

[quote name='Methadon']I've fixed TONS of 'em :)

Just be sure you're getting a 3 red light error and not a 1 or 2 red light error[/QUOTE]
Thanks Methadon!!! Any HOW TO TIPS???

I have a black 360 controller. It works perfectly but some of the buttons are starting to stick for some reason. It's odd because my white controller doesn't do that and it's even older. You can probably find a broken one cheap on eBay/Craig's List though.

are these things cheap enough to be worth the work? Why not fix them and sell them for more if you are sitting on a bunch of broken xbox's?

[quote name='kevzik']Use a towel.[/quote]
Definitely don't be a dumbass and use a towel. This will fry your other components and temporarily fixes your 360. Look for the "X-Clamp Fix" on google.

bread's done
Back