Anyone received their 800 pts from xbox live yet?

wiscobrando

CAGiversary!
I spent well over the limit in October but have yet to see the free 800 pts in my account or an email to my xbox live email account. I have heard there have been issues with this type of deal in the past. Any received their points yet?

I never really understood why it takes so long for Microsoft to implement their end of the deal on things like this. You can't tell me they don't have the capabilities to automatically detect when someone has spent X amount in X amount of time and automatically give out whatever it is they are giving away.

Then again, maybe we should just be glad that they are actually giving us promotions like these. Especially when you consider all the quality stuff that has come out in the past few months that people can now justify spending their hard earned space bucks on.

Didn't catch that note about November. I'll gladly wait. Hopefully Battlefield: Vietnam will be out by then for 1200, or I'll grab that Red Dead.

Wasn't there a deal as well where if you signed up to renew at a certain price you'd get like 1600 points? Back in September I think. Never got those points yet.

I never even got the Spartan helmet for the avatar, so I'm not expecting it. I'm sure the waiting thing has something to do with the fiscal year.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']I never really understood why it takes so long for Microsoft to implement their end of the deal on things like this. You can't tell me they don't have the capabilities to automatically detect when someone has spent X amount in X amount of time and automatically give out whatever it is they are giving away.

Then again, maybe we should just be glad that they are actually giving us promotions like these. Especially when you consider all the quality stuff that has come out in the past few months that people can now justify spending their hard earned space bucks on.[/QUOTE]

There are procedures to dispute purchases on XBL and possibly even do chargebacks if you purchased the points directly through Microsoft. They want to wait for the dispute period to lapse before issuing the reward. Its a pretty standard procedure that isn't so much about processing time.

bread's done
Back