Anyone seen "Wedding Crashers"?

looks like one of those movies that get you hyped and you walk out confused...comedies seem to be getting worse as of late

[quote name='Epic Wolf']looks like one of those movies that get you hyped and you walk out confused...comedies seem to be getting worse as of late[/QUOTE]

fuck that, it has vince vaughn in it.

i'm looking forward to seeing it.. didn't even realize it was rated r. apparently you get to see the crazy redhead's boobs.. and several other women's boobs.

I saw it yesterday afternoon--worth the matinee price. It wasn't quite as shallow and immature as I expected, so whether that's a good or bad thing is left to personal discretion. Vince Vaughn is incredible, though (like usual), and anything with Christopher Walken is OK in my book.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Since I hate Owen Wilson, I'm going to go ahead and say this movie sucks.[/QUOTE]

Owen Wilson is FUG-LY. I suppose it doesn't matter since he's a comedian, but I still can't believe anyone would find him attractive.

Ok I saw it. No to both of your questions, Quackzilla. It was a pretty good movie. It should appeal well to even women because there is a cute love story.

[quote name='Scorch']fuck that, it has vince vaughn in it.

i'm looking forward to seeing it.. didn't even realize it was rated r. apparently you get to see the crazy redhead's boobs.. and several other women's boobs.[/QUOTE]

If you saw the last cover of stuff magazine, you'll see which women get topless nekkid.

The movie was awesome! Go see it and don't listen to the reviews out there! Though Vince always plays himself, he does an awesome job! It's funny as hell!

I saw it Thursday. It's a good movie. It had me laughing alot and I wasn't bored throughout the whole thing. Owen Wilson is funny, but Vince Vaughn makes the movie. I'd definitely recommend it.

I just saw Reservoir Dogs on friday, Vince Vaughn perfectly fits the role of a psychopathic killer, I can't picture him in any other role.

[quote name='Quackzilla']I just saw Reservoir Dogs on friday, Vince Vaughn perfectly fits the role of a psychopathic killer, I can't picture him in any other role.[/QUOTE]

Um......Vince Vaughn was not in Reservoir Dogs. You are thinking about Michael Madsen.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Oh, well they look quite similar don't they?[/QUOTE]

They are both tall and lanky. Michael Madsen is more of a brooding persona where as Vince Vaughn tends to be high-energy.

Still, I can see how you got those two mixed up.

I'll just copy & paste the mini-review I wrote for my blog:
Wedding Crashers is amazing. Memorable characters, the lot of them, even if a few don't get fully fleshed out (which I'm sure was for time purposes and will be fixed with an uncut DVD release, no doubt). Even when some of the non-main characters weren't the focus of a scene, they still made their presence known. A few untied strings by the end, but the film is no worse for the wear.

Highest recommendations.
I usually don't tear apart movies when I review them on my blog because I don't want to touch on any plot points, so instead I just do an overview of the "during and after feeling" of the movie.

I guess I'll add some more comments here.

It keeps a quick pace throughout up until the final arc. It's not really that it has hit a brick wall, it is simply noticably slower than the rapid-fire previous two acts. Jokes are pretty much solid throughout; it's not one of those movies that "blows its load" in just the trailer. It has heart and would make for a good date movie. It isn't a surprising breakthrough like last year's The Girl Next Door. Just like that movie, Wedding Crashers is about sex...but not really at all. It is a lot smarter than the reckless teen-sex comedies that were so popular several years ago.

I also feel I must address the "and Christopher Walken" placement on the poster. His name is merely tagged on rather than headlining more for marketing purposes than for the size of his role. Still, like my review stated, just because they're minor characters doesn't mean they're just background dressing. Though the film suffers from a slowed final act, it would have been appreciated to invest more time in seeing the family members' character arcs fully fleshed out, if only because of the great promise they show in their truncated state.

i thought it was funny ass hell and a special surprise appearance by a certain old school friend made it better even though i felt he should have been in the movie longer than his screen time was.

bread's done
Back