Anyone shop at Forbiddenplanet.com?

rainking187

CAGiversary!
Feedback
407 (100%)
I debated putting this in the shopping discussions thread, but it's not gaming related so I stuck it here. I'm just wondering if anyone in the US has ordered from here before. For some reason they don't tell you the international shipping costs when checking out, they say they'll contact you with the shipping costs when the item is ready to ship and you can accept it or cancel your order. I've preordered a book from them, but it doesn't come out until September, and I'm just wondering what I should be expecting in terms of shipping costs.

Yeah, I know it's a UK site, they've got an exclusive limited edition of a book I'm interested in, but I can't get any info on how much it would cost to ship to the US.

[quote name='rainking187']Yeah, I know it's a UK site, they've got an exclusive limited edition of a book I'm interested in, but I can't get any info on how much it would cost to ship to the US.[/QUOTE]

Well, think it through. It probably depends on what service they use. Is the Royal Mail going to hand it off to USPS? Is going to be UPS? FedEx? DHL? What is the weight of the book going to be? What shipping speed will be used?

Unless you find someone that ordered from them before, you can take some of those questions, look up possible answers, and do the math yourself. The post office and private carrier rates are all posted online. You should probably be able to get a guestimate on the weight of the book. That should give you a ball park figure of the possibilities of shipping charges you might face.

Or you could try emailing them and asking them what services they use to ship internationally and do your own math from there.

bread's done
Back