Anyone still have a og ps3 phat 60gb?

The Punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Picked up a ps3 60gb bc. Overall looks cleans and have minor light scratches on top.
Anyone know what is the best way to clean it? Checked out the inside vents using a flashlight and only see minor dust , not much, but still want to clean it. Any tips to keep it longevity wise? Also, anyone know what is the largest hard drive it can carry? What 3rd party controllers are best to look for? I got a power a wired controller.

I had an 80GB model with software BC model (the one that came bundled with MGSIV) since launch. I did these two things after like 2 years of own it and again a few years back: 

1. Open it up, clean out the insides (you'd be shocked at how much dust accumulates in there) and replaced the thermal paste. 

2. Replaced the stock power supply with the one from the 40GB PS3- I don't remember the specifics of which model, but there's a 40GB PS3 model that uses a power supply that provides the plenty of power for the OG PS3s but runs a lot more efficient (less heat). Not sure this is still worth doing anymore though since all those power supplies are now a decade old and you have no way of knowing how much they've been used. 

My PS3 still works like a champ. The opening/cleaning process took like 3.5 hrs when I first did it bc the 80GB model is slightly different and uncommon compared to the other PS3s but given how my PS3 still works, I'd say it was worth it. You can google it and find youtube videos showing you how to do it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back