Anyone still playing the good ol' Xbox? What games are you playing?

I just started an Xbox collection, I have Morrowind and Project gotham racing 2. Do not worry I think my collection will grow fast!

I have been playing a lot of XBox games lately, I keep buying more and more games because they are so cheap and really don't need so many games as I am up to close to 75 games.

MX vs ATV Unleashed, fun game but it is annoying in championship mode, each race has to be completed twice and the checkpoint racing is 5 laps which can take 15+ minutes per race.

Simpsons Hit and Run, ok but I gave up on it because I found it kind of tedious having so many missions collecting stuff.

Amped, I replayed this and got up to around rank 70 after that it got too difficult for me.

NFL Blitz 2003 and NHL Hitz 2003, just working on the season mode on both games. The mini games in Hitz 2003 are a lot of fun.

Arctic Thunder, much better than the arcade version with extra tracks

Midway Arcade Treasures 3, one of the greatest values of the past generation of games. Other than the save feature not working right on games like Hydro Thunder, this has become one of my favorite XBox games.

I just picked up an original xbox yesterday. I've had a few non back compat games for a while. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a modded system with about 15 games on the upgraded Hard Drive. The Type S controllers are throwing me for a bit of a loop. Much different than I remember.

Not bad for $25.

oh and I am playing Project: Snowblind

Last edited by a moderator:
Just upgraded my hard drive to 500 gigs, threw on the latest build of XBMC and all 100 movies and 16 TV series I had on my computer... love it.. Hopefully going to throw some paint on it down the road but for now I'm happy

Shemune 2
Burnout 3: Takedown
Timesplinters 2
Jade Empire
Jet Set Radio Future
Amped 2

I had a lot more Xbox games, but I didn't really like them, so I sold most of them of, but these are my favorite Xbox titles

My friend and I have been having a blast playing any and all system link games for the old trusty Xbox through XBConnect and Xlink Kai.

I think the interface of XBConnect is better but NHL 2K3 doesn't work in XBConnect but does work in Xlink Kai.

For the FPS games, unless you want to play Halo 2, there's not many options due to lack of bots in most games. So the only games that have bots to make up for lack of gamers are the Serious Sam games and Unreal Championship. There's also the Ghost Recon series, the Rainbow Six series and these are great because of the co-op campaign.

For racing, the only game with system link and bots we can think of is TOCA 3 and MotoGP 3 and those are awesome games.

If any of you want to play Xbox1 games, let me know! My friend will definitely get in on the action too. Let us know what game you want to play and we'll get it.

[quote name='DrNo888']Finished Jade Empire about a month ago. Now just started Sphinx.[/QUOTE]

How was it? I just found my copy that I never played - gotta love gigantic, multi platform backlogs... heh.

[quote name='teknikalei']How was it? I just found my copy that I never played - gotta love gigantic, multi platform backlogs... heh.[/QUOTE]

It's good. An overlooked game - BioWare did a good job with story arc and character development. It also has one of the most emotionally charged scenes I've seen in a game.

The environments change, and look good, with lots of different color palates.

The combat is pretty simple, and matching fighting styles against enemies keeps the combat engaging. Transformations are pretty great, especially when you get the Jade Golem transformation and start wading through enemies like a Colossus.

I started Gun last night, the controls and shooting took some getting used to but I like the game so far. I also like that if you die, you restart in the middle of a mission checkpoint.

Gun is awesome as long as you accept it for what it is, an old semi-open world western with a pretty good story all things considered and good game mechanics. It lacked that extra punch and polish to make it a truly great game, but I found it to be very enjoyable.

Just started From Russia With Love. I loaded it up in my 360 only to discover it's not compatible. So I busted out my old Xbox and am enjoying it quite a bit.

After beating Mass Effect 3 I had to keep chasing the BioWare dragon so I got out the OG Xbox and put in KOTOR. First time playing it...good times.

[quote name='KanYozakura']After beating Mass Effect 3 I had to keep chasing the BioWare dragon so I got out the OG Xbox and put in KOTOR. First time playing it...good times.[/QUOTE]

Really great game. I still play it all the time on Steam. If you keep going, I would suggest playing Jade Empire after it and skipping KOTOR 2 since it's not really a true bioware game. And it's not even a good game at that. Plus, Jade Empire is by far their most underrated game. One that needs a sequel.

Also, kill Carth asap. :bouncy:

[quote name='GhostShark']Really great game. I still play it all the time on Steam. If you keep going, I would suggest playing Jade Empire after it and skipping KOTOR 2 since it's not really a true bioware game. And it's not even a good game at that. Plus, Jade Empire is by far their most underrated game. One that needs a sequel.

Also, kill Carth asap. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I disagree about KOTOR 2. While it's not a true Bioware game, it takes what they did and expanded upon it. IMHO, the only thing truly bad about it is
the endings that are broken.

[quote name='KanYozakura']I've had JE for 6 years but haven't really played it yet.../shame[/QUOTE]

I liked it when it came out. Went back and tried it again about a year ago. Just felt really dated to me.

I finished Gun and now am replaying Jet Set Radio Future and Burnout Revenge. I forgot how annoying some parts of JSRF are, like the part where you have to stop that train that moves faster than you and not knowing where to go at some points of the game but it's still one of my favorite XBox games.

bread's done
Back