Anyone still rock AGP?

VAD3R or Fro

CAGiversary!
I use an EVGA 7800 GS in my PC. It can still run games like Gears of War and Crysis pretty well for AGP. Does anyone else still use AGP in there PCs?

E145-7822-main.jpg

i run an ATI x1600 Pro 512 mb DDR2- crushes my older games like UT2004,Doom3 w/ add on, half life ect ect.... nothing new out that i can't get for a ps3/360/wii and deal with transfering folders to cd's when i re-format to keep my saves (plus having to install the games again)

I am still running agp. I have an older system with a 9800 Pro OC'd. However, I'm planning to finally move on to pci express in the next couple weeks.

Geforce 5200FX :D Can play GTA3 alright, hopefully it'll be alright with VC and SA. Just got them new at the store for $10 each :)

I think I'm going to try to get out of gaming, I'm sick of all the console war crap and especially the BS sleezy sony shoves down our throats (discontinuing BC). So I think I'll just play some old classics casually on my crusty pc.

I have a 9600pro in one of my computers, and it still runs as well as ever. It plays team fortress 2 on medium perfectly fine, and thats about all it gets used for.

I was about to say that I blew all of y'all out of the water with my radeon 9200, but regular PCI, wow. If it wasn't for occasional tech support, I'd think those systems were extinct.

I was running a 9800 Pro AGP for a while up until recently. I have a board that has both an AGP and PCIE slot so I just swapped it out for a GeForce 7900 GS PCIE.

Rocking on the X850XT here. Best AGP card I could find at the time, yet doesn't run Pixel Shader 3.0 tho, so a lot of the newer games I can't install.

I would really love to upgrade, but it would mean changing out so much (motherboard, PSU, CPU, and RAM) that it'd cost quite a bit.

[quote name='CmptrVir']I was about to say that I blew all of y'all out of the water with my radeon 9200, but regular PCI, wow. If it wasn't for occasional tech support, I'd think those systems were extinct.[/quote]
My main gaming system uses a 512 mb 7950 GT PCIe card. But I added a 256 mb 9250 PCI card (found it on craigslist for $10 last week) to my older system. It sure beats the hell out of an intergrated graphics card! It does what I ask of it. It plays source games (HL2/HL2 Ep1/mods)and the majority of Gametap games at pretty decent resolutions and framerates. So PCI cards still have their place. Although I notice most new pre-builts now have PCIe slots.

[quote name='Ricochet']Rocking on the X850XT here. Best AGP card I could find at the time, yet doesn't run Pixel Shader 3.0 tho, so a lot of the newer games I can't install.

I would really love to upgrade, but it would mean changing out so much (motherboard, PSU, CPU, and RAM) that it'd cost quite a bit.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat. I have a x800xt from a 3+ year old build. I might upgrade my pc for Starcraft 2 though. Bioshock is the only game that hurts a little to see for cheap because I can't play smartshader 3.0 games and I don't have ps3 or xbox360.

6800 gt AGP.

If I had waited 1 month later I would have gotten a PCI-E Motherboard because they came out a month later.

doh

I actually just upgraded to a ATI 4850 2 weeks ago from a ATI x800pro AGP. I had some money at amazon and decided to just build something new.

[quote name='NTolerance']My videocard plugs into these things:
[/quote]

Been a very long time, is that isa?

Even back when I did make regular upgrades, I never went top of the line. Top of the line was just a way of spending a hundred or more bucks on a product instead of waiting a year for it go down in price. I have no idea what it's like now, probably the same.

bread's done
Back