Anyone tried a SHOCK! ds replacement shell?

snowsquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Has anyone tried one of the SHOCK! replacemnt shells for your DS?

I am on my 3rd cracked hinge. I didn't even get to charge this one. Of course nintendo thinks I am being abusive. The thing sits on my headboard, and I play it before bed, in bed. No chance of droppage, etc.

My son has abused his for a year now, and no cracks.

Anyway, I don't want to fight with nintendo cs, and I am sick of sending it back. So I am considering one of these cases. Has anyone tried them?

~S

I don't have firsthand experience, but I've seen quite a few people say that despite it's price, these are made incredibly cheap.

So you'll probably end up having to replace the replacement shell due to cracking. I'd stick with the original case, if I were you.

Damm it, I hope that's not true. Mine is waiting at the PO for me to pick up today. I have also had 3 cracked hinges and was hoping this would stop this problem. Nintendo wanted to charge me for another repair, but I figured that I might as well do it myself since it's about the same price and adds some color. Hopefuly these aren't too cheap.

Yep, the poster above was correct. These are crap. The plastic is cheaper than Nintendos and the finish scratches easily (mine is the chrome). I was hoping the hinge might be better but it looks worse. The fit of the top half was not good and I had to trim some tabs off to get them flush. Also the instructions on flicker suck. They are far from complete. Send yours back to Ninty and get it done right. I broke the power switch in the install and will be buying a new ds. Crap! Cheap build quality, bad fit, bad finish, lo grade palstic. Skip this one.

bread's done
Back