Anyone using a Samsung LCD flat screen and ...

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
not having any ghosting or lag issues with their 360? If so please let me know which model. I have kind of not looked at too many Samsungs cause of past problems even with their game mode, but I didn't know if it has been fixed or some models aren't having this problem. Thanks.

The lag/ghosting issues will not occur so much with the 360, because it outputs a high def signal much closer to the TV's native resolution. It would be more with older systems that output in something like 480i or 480p. The lag comes from the scaling and processing the TV does. Samsung has a game mode to cut odwn on it, but I've heard some say it's less than effective. Or so I understand it from what has been explained to me...

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']The lag/ghosting issues will not occur so much with the 360, because it outputs a high def signal much closer to the TV's native resolution. It would be more with older systems that output in something like 480i or 480p. The lag comes from the scaling and processing the TV does. Samsung has a game mode to cut odwn on it, but I've heard some say it's less than effective. Or so I understand it from what has been explained to me...[/QUOTE]

For some reason, the Samsung "Game Mode" looks like ass to me, it makes everything way too fucking dark.

I've got almost the same model of Samsung they use in the retail kiosks (mine is a bit bigger) and I've got no ghosting issues at all.

responding to original poster, I have a Sony KDL40S2000 40" Bravia Flat Panel LCD HDTV which is made with Samsung technology and I do suffer from HD lag.
The set has 8 ms response time, BUT as it is a "768P" set, you will suffer from HD lagin some games. I have had no problems with Gears of War or Oblivion, but some hd lag with Call of Duty 3 (which is less than 720p but higher than 480p), also Dead Rising and Table tennis. If you can afford it, I suggest a 1080p set otherwise, get one that has native 720 P !

;)

[quote name='Roufuss']For some reason, the Samsung "Game Mode" looks like ass to me, it makes everything way too fucking dark.

I've got almost the same model of Samsung they use in the retail kiosks (mine is a bit bigger) and I've got no ghosting issues at all.[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly sure that the 'game' mode is for sports games actually, not video games.

Bayushi, thanks a lot for the input. Why would a 1080p set get rid of lag that a 768p not have? Since games are usually 720 wouldn't I run into the same possible problem on a 1080p set?
Glad you posted, I started looking at Sony LCDs since I hadn't heard much about lag on them.

Samsung 204b here, 20 inch lcd computer monitor basicly. 5ms refresh. No ghosting that I notice. Also, my boss has his hooked up to a 215 model I think, its the HD model with multiple inputs, again a computer monitor.

bread's done
Back