Anyone with bad eBay/PayPal experiences, please read!

Defunkled

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So, I won a new GameCube on eBay for $50. That was about two weeks ago, and I still haven't recieved it yet. Tried contacting the seller and he didn't reply, so I messaged two other people who bought GameCubes from him and they told me they hadn't recieved theirs either, even though they won them almost a month ago. Well, I filed an "Item Not Recieved" dispute on PayPal and automatically upgraded it to a complaint because this guy hasn't responded to any of my messages for two weeks, let alone the two other guys who messaged him 3 weeks ago and still haven't gotten a reply.

Has anyone else not recieved an item through eBay and had to have PayPal investigate your claim? Any idea of how long it takes to get me my $62 back? Thanks for any and all replies.

and did he mention or had a paypal verified tag on his auction page.
if he happens to be paypal verified paypal can take the money directly from his bank account.
if he's not im not sure what paypal does then.

The dispute will auto decide in your favor if he does not respond. Although if he has no money for them to take I am not sure what happens.

Woo! Look at his item descriptions, didn't that raise a red flag? You could try requesting his contact information through ebay and calling the bum. I bet he is a screamer

[quote name='Gara']Woo! Look at his item descriptions, didn't that raise a red flag? You could try requesting his contact information through ebay and calling the bum. I bet he is a screamer[/quote]

Well the PayPal complaint is already in progress so I think I'll give that some time. As you said, I'm almost sure he won't respond there, so it should decide in my favor. Hopefully he has some money in PayPal. I just wanna get my money back and be done with this.

well he has 41 feedback but thats all as a buyer not seller.
maybe he just hasent grasp the concept of actually mailing the item he sells yet.
he is still somewhat active tho so i think you'll have a good chance with the paypal dispute.

his huge annoying fonts and lack of actual photos are a huge turnoff.
and one of the feedback left by him.
"SELLER WANTS TO MAKE $5 ON SHIPPING OF ITEM THAT COST .42 LOOOOOOOOOOOSER"

yea... we definitely have a winner here.
anyways hope you get your money back OP

[quote name='Gara']Woo! Look at his item descriptions, didn't that raise a red flag?[/quote]

WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT THAT LOOKS LIKE A SENSIBLE BUSINESSMAN TO ME

[quote name='supraazn']and did he mention or had a paypal verified tag on his auction page.
if he happens to be paypal verified paypal can take the money directly from his bank account.
if he's not im not sure what paypal does then.[/quote]

That is TOTALLY wrong. Paypal cannot touch your bank account. All they can do is put him in negative and attempt to have collections go after him. Paypal isn't forced to do any of that though, they dont guarantee you get any money back so if he has nothing in his account you might get nothing back.

If you paid via credit card and paypal can't get your money you should contact your credit card company to file a chargeback.

[quote name='Brian9824']That is TOTALLY wrong. Paypal cannot touch your bank account. All they can do is put him in negative and attempt to have collections go after him. Paypal isn't forced to do any of that though, they dont guarantee you get any money back so if he has nothing in his account you might get nothing back.

If you paid via credit card and paypal can't get your money you should contact your credit card company to file a chargeback.[/quote]

whoops, i always thought that was the whole purpose of getting verified.

[quote name='Brian9824']That is TOTALLY wrong. Paypal cannot touch your bank account. All they can do is put him in negative and attempt to have collections go after him. Paypal isn't forced to do any of that though, they dont guarantee you get any money back so if he has nothing in his account you might get nothing back.

If you paid via credit card and paypal can't get your money you should contact your credit card company to file a chargeback.[/quote]

My PayPal account is linked to a credit card, as anytime I buy something on eBay, it comes off that card. Is that enough to get the credit card company to file a chargeback?

Yep. as long as funds came from credit card you can file a chargeback where the credit card company takes funds out of their account AND hits them with a fee.

Do not do a chargeback until you have exhausted all efforts from paypal though as they really hate that. I'd contact credit card company now to find out what the steps are for it though and find out when you need to do chargeback by.

If you paid via credit card and paypal can't get your money you should contact your credit card company to file a chargeback.[/QUOTE]

Paypal most defiantly can drain your account. Once you authorize them with your routing and account number they can initiate ACH transfers whenever they feel like it. It's happened to people before and will happen again, Paypal flubups causing peoples bank accounts to go into the negative. I steer clear of that financial train wreck whenever I can.

[quote name='macdude22']Paypal most defiantly can drain your account. Once you authorize them with your routing and account number they can initiate ACH transfers whenever they feel like it. It's happened to people before and will happen again, Paypal flubups causing peoples bank accounts to go into the negative. I steer clear of that financial train wreck whenever I can.[/quote]

Looks like their is some conflicting information. Did some checking and saw this on paypals page

When you receive funds through PayPal, if the sender's transaction is reversed because of a credit card reversal and you do not qualify for the Seller Protection Policy for that transaction, you will owe PayPal for the amount of the reversed transaction plus any fees imposed on PayPal as a result of the reversal. You agree to reimburse PayPal from either your PayPal account or by other means as described in Section IV.2 under "Receipt of Payments." Furthermore, if you open a Premier or Business Account after October 11, 2001, you authorize PayPal to debit your bank account linked to that PayPal account for the amount that you owe PayPal on transactions which were not covered by the Seller Protection Policy and which were not recoverable from your PayPal balance.

My account is before that which is why I was unaware of this change. However i'm not 100% on this but it still should be illegal for them to pull money out of your account without approval even if you owe them money. They still need permission to access your account, they can't just go in and take money. By tying your bank account to paypal you arent giving them a full access pass to your money, you have to give them permission EVERY time they access your account to take funds.

I know quite a few people including CAG"s who have had their account put into negative and sent to collections because paypal is unable to touch their money in their account.

Also from their site

13.12 Buyer Complaint Policy Benefits. If we grant a Claim under our Buyer Complaint Policy, PayPal will seek to collect from the seller by debiting the seller's PayPal Account up to the amount of your loss, and you will receive a recovery to the extent that the seller has funds available in the Account at the time we debit the seller's Account. If there is more than one Claim against the same Account, we will process the Claims in the order they are filed, and will pay out on each granted Claim up to the amount of funds in the seller's Account at the time the Claim is awarded, but not more than the amount of the Claim.

Also

5.4 Negative Balances and Multiple Currencies. If one of the currency Balances in your Account is negative for any reason, PayPal may setoff the negative Balance by using funds you maintain in a different currency Balance, or by deducting amounts you owe PayPal from money you receive into your Account, or money you attempt to withdraw or send from your Account. If you have a negative balance for a period of 21 Days or longer, PayPal will convert your negative Balance to U.S. dollars.

Can't find anywhere on their site where they say they can take money out of your account and pretty much any bank would fight it as you are protected from un-authorized withdrawls from your account, even if you owe money.

Before you call look up number to his local police department and provide him with the number there, if you can call and ask for the name of person who would handle a case like yours.

Giving him that info should scare the crap out of him. Most scammers expect people they scam to just give up.

The only thing about requesting his contact information is that he will recieve MY contact information also. But I guess he already has that because I paid through PayPal. If he doesn't respond on PayPal by September 15th, it said it will rule in my favor.

Also, I know I should leave negative feedback, but I'm not sure I want revenge feedback to ruin my all-positive feedback.

Wow, thats terrible. But ebay's new trust and safety policy should get them removed quickly since they have had so many negatives in a short period of time. This should also help escalate the situation for those that paid, its a real shame that scammers like this exist. You might even want to contact the police, if the guy is a known scammer with lots of complaints coming in about the same guy they will be able to do something about it, and the more people that complain the better. It couldn't hurt anyways.

[quote name='Defunkled']Any idea of how long it takes to get me my $62 back? Thanks for any and all replies.[/QUOTE]

it'll take over a month for paypal to get to your case.

bread's done
Back