Anyone work at Walmart & understand clearancing items?

h0mi

CAGiversary!
My new hobby, courtesy of CAG and SD is to troll walmarts, looking for xbox 360 accessories on clearance. I've found a few gems- 512mb cards for $25 and later $5, controller batteries for $5, the 360 reciever for the PC for $10, and a remote for $10, and something for the wii (which I do not own)... this really useless hunk of plastic that came with a 512mb SD card (that I can use, hehe) for $5. I almost bought the wifi PC adapter for the DS/Wii for $5 but talked myself out of it. And I did find a Linksys "wireless gaming adapter" for $40 (it's an 802.11g bridge) but I did not buy one.

It's an addicting hobby, I find myself trying to visit assorted walmarts every couple of days... i ought to limit myself (due to time & gas) to just every week or so but I get worried about "missing" new deals. I went to a walmart & bought a couple of those memory cards for $5, went back 4 days later, they had 2 more of them and it was still marked down to $5!

So my question is roughly when can I expect these sorts of items to be marked down on clearance?

On 7/5, this 1 walmart put 1600pt cards on clearance (but only took off 97 cents)... I wouldnt know if they'd consider further mark downs if I asked, or when they actually would. (these cards are long gone now, but if in the futre I see any more...)

It seems to be very hit and miss for clearance. I was just in my local walmart today and picked up a GC memory card for $2. They also had the GC's for $79 in platinum, indigo and black, also 360 wired controllers for $20. I'm going to have to stop by more often and rifle through the clearance.

Usually when they need to make room for new stuff is when they clearence stuff. If they can't fit any more accessories into the video game isle they will get rid of the old just like when I picked up the wireless wii/ds adapter for $5. Or like when my walmart redesigned it self, it clearenced lots of stuff including wireless laptop cards for $15, gamecube $50, etc.

[quote name='magiic']be thankful your walmart clearances anything[/quote]

Exactly, I have never seen anything clearance at my Walmart except for the a cable or two.

Yeah some Walmarts seem to be great about clearance, others not so much. I was at my local Walmart yesterday and they had PS1 games for $19.82 (mostly old sports games) and launch Gamecube games like Waverace Blue Storm for $49.96. It's fusturating especially since you read about all the good deals that can be had like those in the OP and that thread a few weeks ago about $3 games.

My Wal-Mart actaully has a pretty large clearance section, but it's just filled with shit. The only thing I've found that was worth buying was a CD holder for your car's sun-visor with the Dodge logo for like $2. I check just about every time I'm there and it's usually $35 DVI cables and $15 iPod cases.

A few of the Walmarts near me had some good clearances lately. I got a bunch of 1600 Point Xbox cards for $11 each. A black 360 controller for $30.

One of the stores even mistakenly clearanced Wii-motes for $20 and Wii Classic controllers for $10. They fixed it after a few days but not before I bought the ones they had in stock/

I also got my 30 inch Widescreen HDTV there for $250 a while back.

bread's done
Back