anywhere i can buy a premium 360 without being forced into a bundle

rsigley

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
i really just want it as a media center, but the game I would want is NHL 2k6 to play online, but everywhere I check I'm forced to buy some $800 bundle

I know they said by the end of February you'd be able to walk into a store and buy it, but every store I check only has bundles for sale

So in short, where can I buy a 360 and no bundle besides the marked up prices on craigslist/ebay

I actually walked into stores.. and seen these in the case a few times...

the clerk at EB games said they have fulfilled all their 360 preorders & have been gettin about 2-3 prem each week now...

I say just call a few place up everyday around noon...

walmart, target, best buy, circuit city, to name a few. in my recent experience, they don't keep them in display cases. theyre usually behind the counter, so ask for them. sams club also has a pretty cheap bundle for $450(comes with extra wireless controller and play and charge kit)

ok thanks

i went to circuit city by my house and they wouldn't let me have it unless i bought 4 games with it, same with best buy and walmart (walmart only wanted 2 games but they didn't have any I wanted)

i'll check out target if i can find one near my house

thanks

[quote name='rsigley']ok thanks

i went to circuit city by my house and they wouldn't let me have it unless i bought 4 games with it, same with best buy and walmart (walmart only wanted 2 games but they didn't have any I wanted)

i'll check out target if i can find one near my house

thanks[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has been firing managers for such tactics, so you might want to remind them about that.

If you have GameRushes nearby, I'd check there as well as they keep them behind the counter and have been getting a couple systems in every other week.

yeah, i don't think any walmart or target should be forcing games either. you might want to make a phone call on that. or you could return the games you don't want.

i would check ur local target stores. in houston, my friend's dad is a manager there and he's been receiving a few 360s on every shipment

If you live near Zip Code 66217, the Target on Shawnee Mission Pkwy had 2 Core units this afternoon when I was there (noonish).

[quote name='peloquin17']i need to find a premium 360 in northern nj.

i think i have a better chance of seeing god.[/QUOTE]

i live in nnj too

Thanks for suggestions, I found one on Sams Club.com for $440 with extra wireless controller and that plug in charger

[quote name='rsigley']i live in nnj too

Thanks for suggestions, I found one on Sams Club.com for $440 with extra wireless controller and that plug in charger[/QUOTE]

nice.

according to bestbuy.com there are some in scranton, but thats 1.5 hrs away.

i really dont want to drive more than an hour.

check your local TRU. they've been getting them in here and there.

if they do make you buy some stuff for it that you don't want, just buy it and return it the next minute. none of the stuff is a "special sale" so the prices at the customer service desk won't reflect that.

most of the time though places like TRU let you pick what you want. I saw a couple of people buy premiums with 1 game they wanted and a wireless controller.

I walked into TRU a few weeks ago (three weeks as a matter of fact tomorrow) and bought the two the store had (One for me, one for my younger brother).

The only thing they tried to push on me was a warranty.

[quote name='rsigley'] same with best buy and walmart (walmart only wanted 2 games but they didn't have any I wanted) [/QUOTE]

I bought a premium Xbox 360 at Walmart B&M. They sold me just the system.

the target in White Plains, NY has a premium and core 360s in stock. That shouldn't be too far from you jersey boys. Just a little trip on I-287. Just have 5 bucks for when you cross the Tappan Zee Bridge.

yeah ive been having a hard time finding a premium anywhere...i find cores (guess i walk into the store too late) but i havent been able to get a premium

im just gonna wait another week or so

doh.gif

How well does the 360 act as a media PC? I was looking to get a media PC but a 360 might actually be cheaper. Can you stream videos and movies from a PC onto it?

I'm trying to find one right now, it's not that I won't buy a bundle or nothing it's just that I need it to be separte on the recipt for tax reason....but I just can't find the system by itself.

I picked up a Premium model at my local Target last evening. I even managed to get an additional 10% off for filling out credit card application, bringing it down to $360 (small coincidence?) and tax.

Electronics manager told me they hadn't seen another Premium 360 model come in for about a month; nearly everything coming in is Core model. Even last night, they had three other Cores for sale (those will be gone by today).

Suggest you just find out what days stores get shipments and call early.

bread's done
Back