Apocalypse Now Three Disc Blu Ray $27.53 at BN.com (Free Shipping also)

15% coupon ends January 8th if anyone is interested. Most likely gonna order at the end of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcane93']I was just about to order this, then I discovered that the Doctor Who Complete Fifth Series blu-ray set is on sale for 50% off ($44.99, or $38.24 with the coupon) as well. Now I'm torn.[/QUOTE]

Yea that is a good deal. BN.com has some sneaky good deals sometimes.

That 15% coupon goes to January 8th. I could have sworn it ended today but maybe it got extended. Either way there is some extra time.

...OP. Just bought one.

Also, in store with 25 percent (plus additional 10 percent membership) coupon, scored "Dog Dog Afternoon" for $9 and "Bridge on the River Kwai" for $14. Both on Blu Ray. Make sure your copy of Dog Day has the 50 percent off sticker; Bridge had a 40 percent sticker.

[quote name='scottkirschman']Also, in store with 25 percent (plus additional 10 percent membership) coupon, scored "Dog Dog Afternoon" for $9 and "Bridge on the River Kwai" for $14. Both on Blu Ray. Make sure your copy of Dog Day has the 50 percent off sticker; Bridge had a 40 percent sticker.[/QUOTE]

Got a link for that 25% coupon?

Also, I'm not sure if the stickers really matter -- usually the discount is programmed into the register regardless. The only time that the sticker might actually make a difference is when the register amount is wrong and you have to argue it.

[quote name='dino88']25% off coupon

Today is the last day to use it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks -- I almost bit on a copy of Never Say Never Again on blu-ray for 50% off yesterday, but decided against it. This will take it over the edge for me, unless I find something better today (too bad most of these online deals aren't in-store too).

[quote name='Tronny']Really torn between this and The BBS story Criterion set. Somebody make the decision for me![/QUOTE]

Well, on the one hand, you know for certain that the BBS Story set will be 50% off again at the next Criterion sale. On the other hand, that will probably be a while -- July, most likely, based on past trends -- and if you want other Criterion titles, it will be competing with those then. Criterion titles never really get discounted any further than this, the most that you might hope for is a better coupon. The BBS Story set was a no-brainer for me, because I know that there will be more titles that I want than I can afford when the Criterion sale happens, so getting it now at least lessens the strain then a bit.

As for Apocalypse Now, there's no telling when it will be on sale again. However, it's almost certain that it will be available for this price, or possibly even less, at some point in the future.

Does that help at all?

[quote name='scottkirschman']...OP. Just bought one.

Also, in store with 25 percent (plus additional 10 percent membership) coupon, scored "Dog Dog Afternoon" for $9 and "Bridge on the River Kwai" for $14. Both on Blu Ray. Make sure your copy of Dog Day has the 50 percent off sticker; Bridge had a 40 percent sticker.[/QUOTE]

Are there lists for what's on sale in store? I have a couple of Barnes and Noble's in my areas that I might run to tonight for those deals. As an added benefit I got the two month free membership for Barnes and Noble so I would like to take advantage.

[quote name='Matrix813']Are there lists for what's on sale in store?[/QUOTE]

None that I've ever seen. You pretty much just have to go to the store and look around for the sale stickers, unless someone mentions that a title is on sale. They frequently have bins with the most heavily discounted titles somewhere near the front of the video section. However, it's still worth looking around, as other sale titles tend to be spread out throughout the area.

[quote name='arcane93']None that I've ever seen. You pretty much just have to go to the store and look around for the sale stickers, unless someone mentions that a title is on sale. They frequently have bins with the most heavily discounted titles somewhere near the front of the video section. However, it's still worth looking around, as other sale titles tend to be spread out throughout the area.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I'll remember for that for the future. I forgot though that my one BN near me is a college one so that does not accept the 25% coupon. The other one near me does not carry movies.

I wanted to order this as a post-Christmas gift to myself and went to Amazon and saw the price and was hesitant, though I definitely wanted the Full Disclosure edition because of Hearts of Darkness. Came here looking for a possible deal and saw this and ordered from Barnes & Noble. Much thanks for posting this deal.

Awesome deal.

Was also torn, you can get Back To The Future Blu-Ray for around $33 with this coupon.

I ended up going with the Doctor Who, simply because those BBC sets don't tend to get discounted as often or as much. I figure that I'm more likely to see a repeat of the deal (or better) on Apocalypse Now sooner. Between that, the Criterion BBS Story set, and ordering the Alien Anthology from Amazon UK last week, I think I need to cut myself off from any more blu-ray spending for a while. :)

bread's done
Back