*APPEARS TO BE DEAD* PS3 320GB Infamous 2 Bundle 249.99 at ToysRUs.com

JP73

CAGiversary!
I know this is a repost, however the original was moved to the deal graveyard for some reason. This deal is still going on and as of now they still have them in stock online.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12066992

Seems like an awesome deal. a 320 GB new model PS3 and Infamous 2 for 250 bucks. Please send to amazon, hopefully they match. If not, I'm off to Best Buy in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have to jump on this one. My 60GB just encountered the YLOD. The shipping costs just about equal sales tax for me.

[quote name='il Padrino']I may have to jump on this one. My 60GB just encountered the YLOD. The shipping costs just about equal sales tax for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but that doubles the price for me sales tax is $20. so I would only saving $14 over amazon. If I could pick it up in store at least it would be $30 and worth the trip. Does anyone know if this in store also? Hopefully Amazon matches.

I stopped at a TRU on Thursday and they only had the regular 320gb console. I have yet to see the Infamous bundle there.

No, on the in store pickup. However, I'm going to start calling ToysRus when they open. I've been looking for a nice PS3 deal before BF.

Called my local TRU and they did not have any in-store. He did say he could order it thru their system and get free shipping for me but there would still be taxes.

Just picked one up at Best Buy and had no issue getting it matched. Paid 267 total but used my rewards card so i should get either 5 or 10 back( don't know if consoles are double points as part of the gamers Club) So either 257 or 262. Frankly, I doubt Amazon matches. These are limited edition bundles and they will have no trouble selling out the stock the have now. There just doesn't seem to be a great incentive to drop it 50 bucks. But then again TRU did it, so who knows

BTW, question about it's durability. When i was driving home I had the PS3 in the passenger seat( tragically, it did not use the seat belt) I hit the brakes on a Stop sign and the PS3 flipped forward and landed on the floor below the passenger seat. Maybe a 2 foot drop. It's... it's gonna be OK, right? I mean, Amazon ships them out all over and I'm sure the UPS people aren't always gentle. Should present no problems? I ask now rather than just checking it, cause I have to go and might not get a chance to set it up until tomorrow at the earliest.

Actually, they didn't even do that. I think that is usually what they do, so you should be good if you try it( plus it says "Available in store" right on the page) But I actually just showed them the link on my iPhone and they matched it right there. Didn't even check on their own. But generally, in my experience in a few different BBs, they usually check online if you don't have an ad with you. So make sure the price is still current before heading out and try it.

I would love to jump on this deal but my TRU doesn't have any and my BB hates giving people the best deals so they would most definitely call to see if they have any in-stock.

Best Buy matched this deal no questions asked! They looked the price up on their computer! Worked perfectly. Just need someone to recommend somewhere I can buy a HDMI cord for cheap. I might try Radio Shack.

[quote name='ocu']Best Buy matched this deal no questions asked! They looked the price up on their computer! Worked perfectly. Just need someone to recommend somewhere I can buy a HDMI cord for cheap. I might try Radio Shack.[/QUOTE]

If you can wait for it to arrive in the mail, then www.monoprice.com for cables.

[quote name='xplocvo']If you can wait for it to arrive in the mail, then www.monoprice.com for cables.[/QUOTE]

I second that, monoprice good stuff. Majority of my hdmi cables are from them and have had no problems over the past year.

[quote name='xplocvo']If you can wait for it to arrive in the mail, then www.monoprice.com for cables.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DeathMoJo']I second that, monoprice good stuff. Majority of my hdmi cables are from them and have had no problems over the past year.[/QUOTE]
Monoprice is definitely the way to go.

Just got back from Best Buy in Springfield Va. I walked up with the bundle and asked if I could price match, he seemed happy to do it for me and proceeded to look up the price on TRU.com. No problems whatsoever, 262.00 out the door.

Thanks for the heads up OP, really appreciate it!

[quote name='Brother Daz']Monoprice is definitely the way to go.[/QUOTE]

Eh not really.

They have 1.4a 6ft hdmi cables for about 6 bucks after shipping. You can jump on ebay and get the same thing for 2.98 shipped. Got all my cabling cheaper on ebay than any website sells them for and never had a problem with them.

Earlier I went to Best Buy and that was the best gaming deal I've had in my life!

They easily price matched and the total came out to be $273.73. (Got hit with that Illinois tax)

That was a good enough deal on it's own but that's not all! I will sell iNFAMOUS 2 for $40 PLUS the Best Buy Reward Zone which gives me $5.

So all in all, I basically bought the new CECH-3001B 320GB model for about $229.

Thanks OP

picture.php

picture.php

So pissed off about this. I just bought this bundle from amazon for 300 on thursday. Even with tax included, Toys r us would have only been about 260.

Is it worth replacing my 60GB backward compatible with this? Backward compatibility isn't as appealing as it used to be.

CHEERS OP!

just got back from best buy $53 richer. Price matched the bundle I bought on release week. Was basically no problem getting approval but since I used RZ certs on purchase it caused a little confusion for the CSR. In the end the process was easy peezy and the $53 were back in my pocket.

THANKS AGAIN!

[quote name='inkcil']this is a great deal...someone let me know if amazon matches[/QUOTE]

uh, did you take the minute submit to amazon?

[quote name='bgame2']Is it worth replacing my 60GB backward compatible with this? Backward compatibility isn't as appealing as it used to be.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about this earlier, and if your 60GB is still kickin', I'd say hold off unless you need a spare PS3 (but then again, who DOESN'T need a spare PS3?) :)

My 60 is still going strong, and while this deal is great - not to mention tempting - I'm going to pass for now.

[quote name='bgame2']Is it worth replacing my 60GB backward compatible with this? Backward compatibility isn't as appealing as it used to be.[/QUOTE]

Do you download a lot of PSN content? The only real advantages are a larger hard drive, the new case design and the DS3 if you still have the original 60GB controller. It's slightly smaller, quieter and more energy efficient, but not really a huge difference IMHO. Otherwise, there really is no reason to upgrade. Plus, I suspect Amazon and other retailers will have many similar or even better deals come November.

[quote name='donut']Deal still active, now if just a few dozen CAGs would submit to Amazon!
and it's free shipping over $75....[/QUOTE]

exclude gaming consoles...

[quote name='Nagasami']exclude gaming consoles...[/QUOTE]

well I submitted 0 to Amazon as I do not plan on buying it from TRU and hence did not read that.... I guess the onry question is whether Amazon will read the fine print...

[quote name='donut']well I submitted 0 to Amazon as I do not plan on buying it from TRU and hence did not read that.... I guess the onry question is whether Amazon will read the fine print...[/QUOTE]

I also submitted to amazon, just hoping.

[quote name='Mad dog']Imagine if the PS3 could have released like this, rather than releasing at $600 and being huge and ugly....[/QUOTE]

Sony would be bankrupt today. They still lost money on every PS3 sold, even at $600. Also, this unit is not that much smaller and frankly looks less attractive than the launch PS3 IMHO.

Gah! Bought mine a week and a half ago from Amazon for $299.
Oh well, I've probably gotten $50 worth of play time in to make up for it. ;)

Thanks for posting this. I got it price matched at Best Buy and had a $20 off BB Reward Zone coupon, so I ended up getting it for $230.

bread's done
Back