*APPEARS TO BE DEAD* PS3 320GB Infamous 2 Bundle 249.99 at ToysRUs.com

JP73

CAGiversary!
I know this is a repost, however the original was moved to the deal graveyard for some reason. This deal is still going on and as of now they still have them in stock online.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12066992

Seems like an awesome deal. a 320 GB new model PS3 and Infamous 2 for 250 bucks. Please send to amazon, hopefully they match. If not, I'm off to Best Buy in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't submit it now, since it is showing as out of stock. If Amazon sees that, they become even more unlikely to match. Frankly, as I mentioned before, I didn't think they would match.

[quote name='JP73']I wouldn't submit it now, since it is showing as out of stock. If Amazon sees that, they become even more unlikely to match. Frankly, as I mentioned before, I didn't think they would match.[/QUOTE]

It says in stock in stores

320gig is such a misnomer. after reformatting harddrive and everything you are already down to like 270 gig. it's messed up how much % of the main drive it takes for system updates/etc. i constantly have to delete stuff and im still only at 10-15 gigs left on my 320 gig slim.

[quote name='Velo214']320gig is such a misnomer. after reformatting harddrive and everything you are already down to like 270 gig. it's messed up how much % of the main drive it takes for system updates/etc. i constantly have to delete stuff and im still only at 10-15 gigs left on my 320 gig slim.[/QUOTE]
This has nothing to do with the PS3. Do some research. My PC came with a "640GB" HDD and I only have 583GB to actually use. Its because HDD manufacturers lie about the size of the drive to make it seem better than it is since it benefits them. also 1GB doesnt equal 1000MB.

derr you are right. but still. i want my 320 gig. especially with all these full retail games coming out on psn. someone just told me gow origins is like 20 gig. that's insane. i thought record of agarest war for 10ish gigs was huge!

[quote name='inkcil']It says in stock in stores[/QUOTE]

It doesn't. It says sold in stores. They don't actually have an inventory look-up. It also says "Sold in Stores" next to the 160GB Uncharted 2/Karate Kid bundle. I dare you to find me one of those in any store.

@anyone who got this Pricematched at Bestbuy

Do you have to take in an AD for Bestbuy to pricematch? Or can they look it up?

They have can look it up. What i did was showed it to them on my iPhone and they were fine with that. Usually they look it up online or call the local store to check inventory. Might be some issues now that the bundle is out of stock online. Guess it depends on the Best Buy.

I got this yesterday at BB with the price match since Toys R Us I visited had none. I'm pleased with the CECH 3001 compared to the CECH 2101 I also have. In comparison, it is quieter and the popping noise is not there. It's all around matte which is a plus. Also, I checked out the 320gb hard drive inside and noted that it is Hitachi's Z5K320. This is great as the hard drive is a single platter and 7mm in design. I was skeptical at first since the 3000 series contain 80mm fan opposed to the 120mm. It's too bad the data transfer is taking forever.

Toy'srus.com has these back in stock online, so you can start submitting to Amazon again for a possible price match...

Edit: OOS again :(

I tried to get one for a friend at Best Buy but no go

1. First one said the closest TRu is 20 miles away, too far to price match (understandable)
2. The second said that'd match it if the one close by had it (but I knew they didn't) but they wouldn't match the one a few miles away.

Just got back from Best Buy and they price matched with no issues. 267.49 total.

Trick is: If they call ToysRUs, you are boned. I have 2 TRU near me and neither have had these in store in awhile according to someone i talked to there.

If they check the website instead, they see "Sold in Stores" and they will match it.

Just a tip.

[quote name='xXplicitXx']Just got back from Best Buy and they price matched with no issues. 267.49 total.

Trick is: If they call ToysRUs, you are boned. I have 2 TRU near me and neither have had these in store in awhile according to someone i talked to there.

If they check the website instead, they see "Sold in Stores" and they will match it.

Just a tip.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much nailed it. It really depends on how they check it. My local store is always pretty generous with their matching, sometimes they don't even check just take my word for it. Which is what i would do if i worked there. It ain't my money, so no hair off my ass.

Anyway, with online being sold out, Best Buy is really the last option. there was a very slim chance Amazon would match, now that is almost nil. All those holding out hope for an Amazon price match, might be better to head out to Best Buy before it's too late. Or maybe wait until the Amazon Gold Box deals tomorrow. I remember before the price cut Best Buy had a 100 dollar gift card with purchase of a 160 gig. People wrote to amazon and they didn't match, but a few days later they held a Gold Box event and sold the 160 gig for 199.

Also, $267.49? Are from New Jersey, by any chance?

[quote name='JP73']Pretty much nailed it. It really depends on how they check it. My local store is always pretty generous with their matching, sometimes they don't even check just take my word for it. Which is what i would do if i worked there. It ain't my money, so no hair off my ass.

Anyway, with online being sold out, Best Buy is really the last option. there was a very slim chance Amazon would match, now that is almost nil. All those holding out hope for an Amazon price match, might be better to head out to Best Buy before it's too late. Or maybe wait until the Amazon Gold Box deals tomorrow. I remember before the price cut Best Buy had a 100 dollar gift card with purchase of a 160 gig. People wrote to amazon and they didn't match, but a few days later they held a Gold Box event and sold the 160 gig for 199.

Also, $267.49? Are from New Jersey, by any chance?[/QUOTE]

Georgia ;D

Found a couple of them at the Elk Grove, CA location (at Bond & East Stockton). Purchased one for myself, so there was one still there after I'd left.

I picked it up at Best Buy last night after seeing that they still had one at the TRU that was located next door. Worked out perfectly for me.

Thanks OP.

PM'd at Best Buy yesterday (apparently just in time), $267.49 total. I'm not sure if the deal is dead in-store, when I went to BB to PM yesterday there were ~5 left at my local TRU (Crossroads in OK).

Thanks OP!

[quote name='cagfansub']That's odd. If they say is not available in stores.. how are you guys able to get it to PM?[/QUOTE]

I PM'd the night before I posted, so it was still showing up online as sold in stores at the moment. I'd imagine that if a close TRU has them in stock, you'd have no issue getting the PM at BB if someone called.

[quote name='JohnnyMoses']If you go to the mobile toys r us site, it says in stock online.[/QUOTE]

I've gone thru the mobile checkout process before in a similar situation and then it eventually tells you it's sold out line. Might be the same case here.

bread's done
Back