Apple.com/Ipod touch discount coupon/codes!

luan87us

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I'm planning to buy a 8-16gb Ipod touch either from Apple.com or the apple store in my area. I was wondering if anyone could hook me up with like coupon code or something to get some discount =D Thanks alot.

There are no college discounts on ipods when they have just been released, you have to wait a little longer. The best discount you are going to get is from Amazon, I just ordered a nano today and they are $10 less than anywhere else.

The refurb is probably the first gen Touch though, otherwise I'd be all over that.

And I'm really tempted to do the $281 Touch, as I've been interested in a Touch for some time now. They don't check or anything for the EPP stuff right?

I actually want a 1st gen Ipod touch so i can "you know what" with it. And I do have student discount at my university but only 10%. I think I'm just going to buy the refurbished because they're basically brand new anyway. Just failed QA and got sent back to rework i guess? Anyone know more about Apple's refurbished? cuz that what I heard.

Refurbs are from defective ones that apple has repaired. When I bought my shuffle, it was practically broken because it wouldn't connect to the dock. Apple replaced it under warranty for another refurb which worked like a champ. I actually dropped that in water and it wouldn't turn on and replaced that again (without telling them I dropped it in water of course) with another shuffle which I have now.
Don't worry if you get a broken one though since they are covered under 1 year standard warranty anyway. They also look brand new because the shells get replaced which I imagine is very cheap for them to do anyway.

I also hear that if you bring in any ipod, broken or working, to the apple store you get a 10% discount.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']Refurbs are from defective ones that apple has repaired. When I bought my shuffle, it was practically broken because it wouldn't connect to the dock. Apple replaced it under warranty for another refurb which worked like a champ. I actually dropped that in water and it wouldn't turn on and replaced that again (without telling them I dropped it in water of course) with another shuffle which I have now.
Don't worry if you get a broken one though since they are covered under 1 year standard warranty anyway. They also look brand new because the shells get replaced which I imagine is very cheap for them to do anyway.

I also hear that if you bring in any ipod, broken or working, to the apple store you get a 10% discount.[/quote]
I have a 30gb Video Ipod right now I was going to sell it for $140 but my mom wanted it so i have it to her now I have to pay full price for a new ipod haha. My uncle actually ordered the 60gb Ipod from the refurbished before it was like brand new no cosmetic damages and the ipod worked just like one i bought from the store. So yeah I'm going to buy a refurbished on since they also have 1 year warranty. Anyone know what exactly different between first and 2nd gen ipod touch? I know 2nd gen has a speaker built in.

up until a few years ago apple gave student discounts on Macs and iPods. The best discount you can get is if you know someone that works at the Apple store. They can get 1 ipod for 25% off and 3 for 15% off each year.

[quote name='nazrad']up until a few years ago apple gave student discounts on Macs and iPods. The best discount you can get is if you know someone that works at the Apple store. They can get 1 ipod for 25% off and 3 for 15% off each year.[/quote]
hmm 25% off that sound so good I wish I knew someone lol

[quote name='luan87us']I have a 30gb Video Ipod right now I was going to sell it for $140 but my mom wanted it so i have it to her now I have to pay full price for a new ipod haha. My uncle actually ordered the 60gb Ipod from the refurbished before it was like brand new no cosmetic damages and the ipod worked just like one i bought from the store. So yeah I'm going to buy a refurbished on since they also have 1 year warranty. Anyone know what exactly different between first and 2nd gen ipod touch? I know 2nd gen has a speaker built in.[/QUOTE]

2nd gen is slimmer, has an external speaker, Nike + built in, Genius feature (no idea), and I hear that a new auditory chipset was put in improving the sound quality.

I haven't had an Ipod in a while so I was a bit unsure but, do newer Apple Ipods support East Asian languages? I know the newer Zunes don't so that drove me away from buying one.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']2nd gen is slimmer, has an external speaker, Nike + built in, Genius feature (no idea), and I hear that a new auditory chipset was put in improving the sound quality.

I haven't had an Ipod in a while so I was a bit unsure but, do newer Apple Ipods support East Asian languages? I know the newer Zunes don't so that drove me away from buying one.[/quote]
first gen also has genius and Nike, just no speaker and that speaker is piece of crap lol i tried it at the store and i could barely hear anything lol. And it isn't that much slimmer than the 1st gen. i'm settling for a 16gb refurbished from apple.com =)

Sounds good then, I think I'll be buying a first gen as well since the second gen doesn't really have anything special that I need/want.

bread's done
Back