apple.com student discount?

tayaf69

CAGiversary!
I ordered 2 nano's from the apple.com student website and got 10% off last year. I can't seem to get the discount to work now. Is the promotion over or am I doing something wrong?

After the last iPod updates and price cuts Apple removed the student discount on them. They're cheaper then they were with the student discount prior to the last update though.

[quote name='Moxio']The student discount doesn't seem to be working on any iPods for me either. Must be done.[/QUOTE]

See above post. :)

[quote name='Wolfpup']After the last iPod updates and price cuts Apple removed the student discount on them. They're cheaper then they were with the student discount prior to the last update though.[/QUOTE]

iPod nano prices have stayed exactly where they used to be: $150 for low end, $200 for middle-tier, and $250 for high end. The iPod itself didn't see a lower price for the lowest end model until this year - 5 years after its debut. Maybe the price per gigabyte has dropped, but Apple avoids changing its pricing tiers at all costs. After all, it helps them keep their 40% or so margins.

Student discounts would have still been nice, but they're now reserved for computer hardware exclusively, to my knowledge.

i dont know where you guys go to school, but if your school has a computer store (not a bookstore that sells computers in it, but a separate computer store), you should try to go in and look at the prices. i find that its actually cheaper than it says online. this has worked for me at my school, UCRiverside.

I don't know what I was thinking. I just ordered it from Amazon and got it cheaper than had I received a 10% apple.com discount. The apple.com tax would have negated the 10% anyways and since amazon didn't charge tax I guess it's ok. Thanks for the replies.

[quote name='alongx']iPod nano prices have stayed exactly where they used to be: $150 for low end, $200 for middle-tier, and $250 for high end. The iPod itself didn't see a lower price for the lowest end model until this year - 5 years after its debut. Maybe the price per gigabyte has dropped, but Apple avoids changing its pricing tiers at all costs. After all, it helps them keep their 40% or so margins.[/QUOTE]

Depends on your perspective I guess. The 2GB model used to cost $200, or maybe $180ish after discount, and the new improved 2GB model was $150 for everyone. Same type of deal for my 30GB 5.5G iPod I bought.

I don't have a real computer store at my school, unfortunately. That would be awesome if I could get even deeper discounts on Apple's hardware :)

The student discount used to be great then people start abusing it. So they've cut it down a lot. It used to be at least $100 on all computers.
one thing they did do is get rid of the ipod discount. I think due to the resellers abusing it. A new 30 gig ipod cost a retail store $238-$244 depending on how much they buy. Then they rely on accessories to make money on the ipod sell.

bread's done
Back