AppleStore: free ipod w/Macbook purchase(this week) but I bought mine last week!!!!!!

techstar25

CAGiversary!
Apple is now giving away a free iPod Nano (1GB model), with a Macbook Pro purchase (if a student). The promotion started on June 5. Problem is ... I bought mine on May 30!!! One week ago!
So I call cust service and she says there is nothing she can do and I'm SOL. One solution is to return the laptop and rebuy it this week. However she said I can't do that because I customized mine, by adding some RAM.
I'm pretty disappointed right now.
I'm hoping somebody here has some suggestions on how to get in on this deal. Come on folks. Help a brother out. Please!

Here is the link if you are interested...
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...wo/0.RSLID?mco=93D19870&nclm=BackToSchool2006
And it's actually a $179 credit towards an iPod, meaning that you can either get the 1GB nano for free or use the coupon towards a different model.

Wow that is frustrating. Goodluck trying to get the credit - they definitely should give it to you.

That's bullshit - Apple should credit you the difference. I bought a 40GB iPod and a week later then discontinued it and released the 60GB for the same price I paid - they were willing to give me a partial refund or send me the 60GB one instead... I had to take the refund though because I got my iPod personalized... I'd call back.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']So they won't let you return it because you added more RAM?[/QUOTE]
Applestore policy is NO RETURNS whatsoever, if you customize the computer. So something as simple as choosing the "glossy" screen over the standard matte version (on the macbook pro), would mean it's custom.
It's a pretty crappy policy.

[quote name='javeryh']That's bullshit - Apple should credit you the difference. I bought a 40GB iPod and a week later then discontinued it and released the 60GB for the same price I paid - they were willing to give me a partial refund or send me the 60GB one instead... I had to take the refund though because I got my iPod personalized... I'd call back.[/QUOTE]

Apple does have a price protection policy which is for two weeks they will refund the difference if a price changes. However rebate promotions are a completely different according to cust service. A third party company handles all the rebates and they have no control over it or wiggle room.

I'm seriously considering getting a MacBook with this deal. Anybody know just how well the 2.0Ghz models run Windows XP applications with Boot Camp?

I was planning on waiting another year before I bought a MacBook, but I've got some Apple Store credit already and this deal is really tempting. I don't know whether I would keep the Nano or not since I already have Video iPod.

I think I might be hitting up the Apple Store over lunch to put one of these things through its paces.

bread's done
Back