April 2007 Backwards Compatible Update *Official list up*

[quote name='halfbent']Posted a couple pages back, I tried. No dice. =\[/QUOTE]
Ok well at least I don't have to go and try it now. I wonder why Isuka is on the list. I guess for Japan...

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']KOF 2002 has some odd graphical issues. Lines through the sprites and such. Anyone else tried this title yet? (JSRF, PDO, Phantom Dust work great!)[/QUOTE]

yeah, I got the same graphic issues with KOF 2002. It's playable to be certain but looks terrible.

[quote name='Chuplayer']How does KOF2003 look? Because I have the Japanese KOF2002 on the DC and don't care to read the win quotes.[/quote]

KOF 2003 does not work. It was not part of the update.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Yes, MS updated new BC list and these 12 games now i can play on XBOX 360. STill took them forever for small list :(

# Breakdown
...[/quote]

Has anyone else tried Breakdown? I've booted it up a couple of times, but it keeps crashing whenever I jump. -_-

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']KOF 2003 does not work. It was not part of the update.[/QUOTE]

What the shit? The list said 2002 and 2003, and then they don't tell you 2003 doesn't work? fuck.

[quote name='DomLando']Totally forgot they never releaesed Isuka in the States for Xbox. I guess that's how much I hate Isuka. It would be nice if they meant XX# Reload. I am going to try it later see if it works.[/QUOTE]

yeah, Isuka is crap. They should do Isuka 2, but with the Judgment controls (and make it a bit faster.) That would be pretty fun.

No Morrowind or Silent Hill 2 :*(

Sorry if this sound ignorant since I've never played Morrowind, but is there any reason to play it over Oblivion?

[quote name='Apossum']Sorry if this sound ignorant since I've never played Morrowind, but is there any reason to play it over Oblivion?[/QUOTE]

The world is a million times less generic.

[quote name='Sporadic']The world is a million times less generic.[/QUOTE]
Definitely. Morrowind was a superior game in pretty much every way besides immersion and quality of quests (and of course voice acting and that).

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']KOF 2002 has some odd graphical issues. Lines through the sprites and such. [/QUOTE]
Damnitt! That was one of my top titles to re-pick-up on this list.

Also I was hoping Invisible War would be on this list. Oh well. It's not like I don't already have enough BC games to buy back.

As much as I love Morrowind, Oblivion has a much better battle system, far less buggy, and it's journal entries ( as in keeping track of everything) are so much better it's not even funny.

Still, I think Morrowind will be one of the last xbox games to make the BC list. As it is now, that game won't even work correctly on all the original xbox models.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']As much as I love Morrowind, Oblivion has a much better battle system, far less buggy, and it's journal entries ( as in keeping track of everything) are so much better it's not even funny.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that too. Definitely a superior game. However, I do believe Morrowind has it's own pros. The woods and outdoors are far more involved. Some of the towns are better. Better AI. Better dungeons.

Yeah, there are some things I was dissapointed in Oblivion, but it's still fucking amazing. It just doesn't replace Morrowind, and Morrowind is definitely still worth playing.

I think Morrowind would be the shit if it could be re-released using Oblivion's style of battle system where your chance to hit is based on your aim, not random chance and your stats. I could NOT play morrowind because every flipping enemy took what seemed like 50 sword swings to finally kill, because 10 of those would actually hit, if I had aimed right or not. I know it's more RPG like, but its also more boring.

Phantom Dust has some odd slowdown when lots of things are being broken.

To be fair, the original Xbox had lag issues here, but they seem to be more pronounced on the 360.

[quote name='jer7583']I think Morrowind would be the shit if it could be re-released using Oblivion's style of battle system where your chance to hit is based on your aim, not random chance and your stats. I could NOT play morrowind because every flipping enemy took what seemed like 50 sword swings to finally kill, because 10 of those would actually hit, if I had aimed right or not. I know it's more RPG like, but its also more boring.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. One thing I hated about morrowind that led to me rarely playing fighter class. Meanwhile in Oblivion I play fighter most of the time.

[quote name='jer7583']I think Morrowind would be the shit if it could be re-released using Oblivion's style of battle system where your chance to hit is based on your aim, not random chance and your stats. I could NOT play morrowind because every flipping enemy took what seemed like 50 sword swings to finally kill, because 10 of those would actually hit, if I had aimed right or not. I know it's more RPG like, but its also more boring.[/QUOTE]

That only happened if your level was really low.

You never miss once you get to 20

As someone who missed out on the bulk of the cult classics and lesser known gems of the Xbox library, anyone recommend some solid BC games I should have? With GS/EB's B2G1 sale and 6 locations within 10 minutes of me, it's time to pick up some classics.

[quote name='Sporadic']That only happened if your level was really low.

You never miss once you get to 20[/QUOTE]

Well than maybe if it ever becomes BC I'll give it another shot, but it bored me away before I could get that far.

Cannot wait to replay breakdown, I love that game for all its flaws. So immersive, really reminded me of the first MGS in immersion level/mood.

Is there anyway to prevent the 360 from stretching SFIII other than changing to 480p mode every time? Shouldn't be that difficult to make something like that work.

And yes, it matters.

[quote name='Chacrana']Is there anyway to prevent the 360 from stretching SFIII other than changing to 480p mode every time? Shouldn't be that difficult to make something like that work.

And yes, it matters.[/QUOTE]

But not enough to actually care :p

[quote name='Sporadic']The world is a million times less generic.[/QUOTE]

interesting. I'll have to check it out on my PC. I have to admit, one of the things that initially turned me off from Oblivion was that all the dialogue and characters seemed like a D+D fan's wet dream. still kinda feel that way, but I've learned to not care.

[quote name='JJSP']As someone who missed out on the bulk of the cult classics and lesser known gems of the Xbox library, anyone recommend some solid BC games I should have? With GS/EB's B2G1 sale and 6 locations within 10 minutes of me, it's time to pick up some classics.[/QUOTE]
Psychonauts, Phantom Dust, Full Spectrum Warrior, JSRF, Stubbs the Zombie, Panzer Drogoon Orta, Conker: Live and Reloaded, The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, The Suffering, Silent Hill 4, and Fatal Frame I & II.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Psychonauts, Phantom Dust, Full Spectrum Warrior, JSRF, Stubbs the Zombie, Panzer Drogoon Orta, Conker: Live and Reloaded, The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, The Suffering, Silent Hill 4, and Fatal Frame I & II.[/QUOTE]

damn i dont have any of those BC games, i better go get some. most likely i wouldnt spend more than $5-$10 to get old xbox games though.
i only have these ones so far, and to be honest i cant even remember the last time i played any of them other than halo 2:

* All-Star Baseball™ 2005
* Breakdown™ New
* Brute Force™
* Counter-Strike™
* Crimson Skies®: High Road to Revenge™
* DOOM 3®
* ESPN Major League Baseball
* Full Spectrum Warrior™ New
* Fuzion Frenzy®
* Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy
* Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
* Halo®
* Halo® 2
* Links® 2004
* Manhunt
* Mercenaries™ New
* NFL Fever 2004 New
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time™
Red Dead Revolver
Sid Meier's Pirates!®
Soul Calibur 2 Updated
SSX 3
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Pandora Tomorrow™
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
World Series® Baseball 2K3

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but JSRF has some nasty slowdown on the 99th Street level (the one w/ the Chinese dragon). Sucks, that was one of my favorite levels, and now it's painful just to play through it. I hope that's the only area that does that...

[quote name='sidochrome']Has anyone else tried Breakdown? I've booted it up a couple of times, but it keeps crashing whenever I jump. -_-[/QUOTE]

Tried it earlier, no problems

[quote name='Chacrana']Is there anyway to prevent the 360 from stretching SFIII other than changing to 480p mode every time? Shouldn't be that difficult to make something like that work.

And yes, it matters.[/QUOTE]

i just change the aspect ratio on the tv to 4:3 mode and it looks fine

[quote name='bsesb2003']Anyone else having trouble creating a disk...I just can't get the update to download. Thanks.[/quote]

I made one a few days ago, and had no problems with it.

Has anyone noticed that EB/GS website is ass when it comes to locating used games? I'm trying to hunt down a store with Mech Assault 2 and Unreal .Championship 2 and they're not listed anywhere on their site

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Has anyone noticed that EB/GS website is ass when it comes to locating used games? I'm trying to hunt down a store with Mech Assault 2 and Unreal .Championship 2 and they're not listed anywhere on their site[/quote]

Did you click on the link that says "Show backordered games" on the bottom of the listing page?

[quote name='sp00ge']Did you click on the link that says "Show backordered games" on the bottom of the listing page?[/quote]
... no I didn't, I guess I didn't even realize that was there :( My bad.

Well they've now made 47% of my games backwards, and they are nearing that point total wise. What is it, 300 games or so backwards and 700 were released in the US? Gamerankings is down, so I forget. MS still has a long way to go unfortunately, however, I am just hoping the time XBox 3 rolls along (which is probably in 3+ years) all Xbox 360 titles are 100% backwards compatible and they are able to put over the XBox titles without problems as well.

Still, 72 of my games aren't backwards out of the 139 XBox titles. These are my wishs still...

Baldurs Gate (The sequel is there, so why not the original?)
Burnout Revenge (Maybe because the 360 version lingers?)
Chrnoicles of Riddick (Scorch has a good idea why)
DND Heroes (Sleeped on Hack and Slash classic)
Def Jam FF:NY (If ICON is any indictation, this might be the last good Def Jam)
Guilty Gear Reload (We need more 2d fighting biatch)
Kingdom Underfire (Oh hell yeah)
Metal Slug (All of em)
Oddworld (Another slept on classic)
Otogi 1+2 (More slept on classics...)
Prince of Persia Warrior Within and Two Thrones (Duh)
PGR2 (Some prefer it over PGR3)
Rallisport Challenge 2 (My favorite racer of all time)
Silent Hill 2 (But of course!)
Steel Battalian (ahaha...fooled you for a second)
Both SNK versus Capcom fighting games
Suffering Ties that Bind (Again, why tease us? You have the original, give us the sequel)
Timesplitters: Future Perfect (No Brainer)
Top Spin (Some prefer it over Top Spin 2)
Voodoo Vince (MS's best attempt at platform was pretty damn good. Can't believe how many people slept on this one, outside of the difficulty it was great)

Eh... I'm done ranting. Those are all my wishs. I think if they could manager to get those titles out and someone finds a easier way to transfer over saves to the 360 and I'm all set ;)

Hmm, so after this update I picked up Mech Assault 2.

I'm about a 1/3 through the game ("Mech Shopping" mission), and the level spazzes out every time I play it. The first time I beat the level and it just left me roaming around the level, no enemies, no HUD, I couldn't pause. Just would wander around and shoot.

A few times that I've replayed it it's locked up on me. And if I die, the camera stay directly above where I blew up and never respawns, starts over or anything. It jsut stays there. I can't get to a menu or anything. I have to boot to the dash board and reload the game.

Am I experiencing a buggy game, or are there problems with the emulation?

[quote name='daroga']Hmm, so after this update I picked up Mech Assault 2.

I'm about a 1/3 through the game ("Mech Shopping" mission), and the level spazzes out every time I play it. The first time I beat the level and it just left me roaming around the level, no enemies, no HUD, I couldn't pause. Just would wander around and shoot.

A few times that I've replayed it it's locked up on me. And if I die, the camera stay directly above where I blew up and never respawns, starts over or anything. It jsut stays there. I can't get to a menu or anything. I have to boot to the dash board and reload the game.

Am I experiencing a buggy game, or are there problems with the emulation?[/QUOTE]

Probably buggy emulation. Simular things happened with Half-Life 2 & Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. Hell, they even locked DA out and have yet to ever fix it.

I haven't been reading CAG and GameSpot and stuff like that for the past few weeks and haven't played Xbox because I've been busy, so when I was listening to this week's Hot Spot podcast this afternoon and I heard them say Phantom Dust is backwards compatible, I screamed "HOLY SHIT!" and grabbed my copy and ran downstairs to play it. I've played it for a couple hours today, and have sent an email saying thanks, and I'm going out to buy an XBL Gold subscription card today so that I can play this masterpiece of a game online. I highly recommend this game, as it is without a doubt my favorite game that nobody played.

Here's the thread to get some XBL games going. I should be on tonight to play. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79484&page=8

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Probably buggy emulation. Simular things happened with Half-Life 2 & Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. Hell, they even locked DA out and have yet to ever fix it.[/quote]That sucks a lot. Oh well, guess I'll take it back. I grabbed the wrong SSX game as my "free" one at the sale anyway, so they'll both go back and I'll walk away with Panzer Dragoon for $8. Not bad for complete, very-good-shape copy.

On to Rainbow Six: Vegas!

panzer dragoon orta looks pretty amazing after all these years.

bread's done
Back