~ Ap's List - Bit of a sale; Retro & last gen games, retro consoles etc~

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']Come bid harder![/QUOTE]
But I have not money D;

Oh well, I've got something far more entertaining then bids in your thread ;)

Bump, thanks for the compliments about my pixel art, always great to hear. :D

Have you made any other pixels aside from the boomer? I'd love to see some more so I can steal them use them as inspiration for my pixel arts. :D

Also, if you're going to do a lowball, I'd definitely throw some bids down, just make sure you know how to tell time before you begin the lowball.

Edit: Poorly timed Bumps FTW!!!

[quote name='deadbodyman11']Bump, thanks for the compliments about my pixel art, always great to hear. :D

Have you made any other pixels aside from the boomer? I'd love to see some more so I can steal them use them as inspiration for my pixel arts. :D

Also, if you're going to do a lowball, I'd definitely throw some bids down, just make sure you know how to tell time before you begin the lowball.

Edit: Poorly timed Bumps FTW!!![/QUOTE]
I have a few others, Jack and some Splicers from Bioshock, a character skin from UT, and the L4D1 survivors to name a few. The boomer is probably my best work, though. And by all means steal them, it'd be awesome to see something like that made out of my work :D

And I'll try to remember how to tell time.. Time zones shift over 20 minutes each right?

Sending out a couple PMs, morning bamp

A bit rich for my tastes, but thanks for the offer.

So I definitely think I'll hold one. Should be fun, I'll get a preview up sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Bamp.

Yo, already dump the planned lowball? I think you'd do fine, especially after that crash course in what NOT to do last night ;)

(I also selfishly want a crack at your Color Dreams/ AVE stuff :D)

[quote name='fwbweux']Yo, already dump the planned lowball? I think you'd do fine, especially after that crash course in what NOT to do last night ;)

(I also selfishly want a crack at your Color Dreams/ AVE stuff :D)[/QUOTE]
I think I'm gonna do it. We'll have to see if those are still there, though. Skinkrawl had showed some interested in the unliscensed ones, but it was mostly the Tengens. I'll make sure to include a few of those just for you ;)

My NES just died on me D;<

I was testing a few of these damn unliscensed carts that I haven't been able to make work, and now it won't read anything at all. I'm so fucking mad..

I'm afraid the lowball will have to wait a little while, a lot of the stuff I wanted to include hasn't been properly tested yet, and now I have no way to do so. God damnit.

Yeah I think so too. It had a new one installed when I bought it several months ago, but I have a feeling the guy didn't really know what he was doing.

It happens, even with replacements. I paid $20 at a local vintage place to put new pins in my NES a couple of years back and it's already being temperamental with carts, even after very modest use. Maybe it's time to invest in a top-loader x_x

Take your time with the lowball, I'm actually pretty easygoing about cart-based games being untested, but not everyone is :)

I was never able to get those unliscensed ones to work anyway, except the Tengen carts. Hell, when I get the lowball up, throw in a few bids and I might toss one in for you ;)

Did any of those require a dongle? Or was that just the Aladdin carts?

Hah, you could have counted on my support in the lowball anyway, but I'll be doubly sure to be there now :D

What do you mean? They all appeared to have normal contacts, though if there was some special connector they needed it would explain why none of them work.

Edit: Just looked that up. According to what I read I have most of the games released for the Alladin, but in their normal cart form, which should work fine.

you might need to do a deep clean with can air and a static free cloth. You can do it yourself. I had the same problem a few months ago. You probably don't need to buy a new pin connector.

A few NES carts used a connector called the Aladdin Deck Enhancer to bypass the licensing protection, though I was unsure if other companies used similar devices. I know AVE doesn't, I popped Mermaids of Atlantis into my NES a while back and it played just fine.

If the contacts look normal and you can't get them to work it's probably just the fault of the cart =p Maybe they were made with cheaper parts that don't stand the test of time well, but I'm still willing to gamble and hope that they work on my NES :D

I'll end here for the night, don't want to get you in trouble for excessive bumping.

I think the guy who replaced it just did a hack job to be honest. I've had problems with it pretty much since I got it, but with 2 controllers and 2 games for $35 I really shouldn't complain.

Haha! Apparently my NES won't work on channel 4 for.. some.. odd reason. Anywho, after changing channels and haphazardly realigning the 72-pin so the carts will actually make contact with it I was able to get it working! It's still acting up, but at the very least I can test some of these and still have the lowball. Expect it next week :D

Fun fact:

I'm somewhat well-known on Steam Powered forums and Source OP forums for buying selling and trading Team Fortress 2 hats. But it got boring once I achieved my goal of every vintage, along with every promo sans Max's Severed Head.

Normal bumps are boring.

[quote name='Donkey132']get your lowball going, Rule of Rose must be mine :)[/QUOTE]
I got it complete and like, practically mint at gamestop for $18. I couldn't believe my luck.

What I've got together so far:

PS2
Sly Cooper and the Theivius Racoonus
Rule of Rose
RPG Maker 2
Musashi
BL Dark Cloud (really poor shape, though)
Dark Cloud 2 if I end up getting it in a trade in time

PSx
VTennis in tall case (complete)

NES
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 2 w/ manual
Spy vs Spy
Uninvited
Scheherazade
Bandit Kings of Ancient China
Deadly Towers
Demon Sword
Might and Magic: Secret of the Inner Sanctum

More to come, that's just what I've got so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aptanor']I got it complete and like, practically mint at gamestop for $18. I couldn't believe my luck.[/QUOTE]
well it shows that there is one close to me that has it for 19.99...the chances of it being complete are slim though.

[quote name='fwbweux']First unlicensed NES stuff and now Koei strategy titles? You're killing me, man![/QUOTE]
B)

I've also got Nobunaga's Ambition, but I'm holding on to that one.

Also, picked up DDR Mario Mix at GS for 12 bucks, as well as a pair of Sega Genesis Justifiers for 5 at the local thrift store. Felt like a boss.

Add Dash Galaxy in the Alien Asylum, Hydlide, and Lolo to that list. May be it.

Would there be any interest if I put up a 2 player starter kit for The Spoils TCG? It's a great little game, just widely unknown.

Congrats on getting your NES going! I'll play some Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti and Recca in your honor! Yep, I'm a hipster when it comes to NES.

Oh, and also Monster Party :p

[quote name='H4Y4TO']Where you the one that wanted Legend of Zelda NES CIB?[/QUOTE]
It'd be kind of a cool thing to have, but it's not a huge deal/want for me.

Apparently nobody cares for The Spoils ;~;

I'm considering offering my Game Maker skills to the top bidder. Like, I'd design a small game to their specifications. I'm not the best around, so I couldn't do anything really fancy, but I could design a decent old-school styled game.

[quote name='aptanor']Apparently nobody cares for The Spoils ;~;

I'm considering offering my Game Maker skills to the top bidder. Like, I'd design a small game to their specifications. I'm not the best around, so I couldn't do anything really fancy, but I could design a decent old-school styled game.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like some pretty damn good incentive to bid high, if you ask me!

bread's done
Back