Ar Tonelico 2 PS2 - $39 @ gameaccess.ca - DEAD

Sean09

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.gameaccess.ca/showPreview.do?game=5213&mode=2
Just bought mine. Great price for those of you who do not want to support the crooks at EB Games, who have now jacked up the price on all their games! $10 less than EB, works out cheaper even after inexpensive shipping.

EDIT: Seems the deal is now dead, $47.72 is the price.

EDIT 2:
Not dealing with Gameaccess.ca again:

Good Day,

As you surely know, the publisher or Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica , NIS, decided to short the amount of games they were suppose to print. For all North-America, only ¼ of the games were printed. All majors store did not get any copies of the game, and some did not even listed it. We did learn 2 days before the release that our supplier got shorted as well on his quantity and therefore, we were not able to get any copies of this game since the release. At this time, finding this game in Canada is almost impossible. That is why we are currently looking to the United States to find some copies but it is the same situation there. For now, we have decided to cancel and refund every order for that game, since we do not know when it will be possible to get. If we ever get copies of the game, be sure that we will contact you, since you were one of the firsts to order in on the Game Access store. Once again, we would like to apologise for this situation.

Best Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gold_guardian']wtf now it's going for $47.72! What the heck kind of bs is this? Arg if only I ordered it before I went to ebgames to cancel my preorder :([/QUOTE]

It was never 39CDN. OP listed the American price.

THIS IS NOT A DEAL.

This is however a fair way of obtaining this game, which will probably become somewhat rare in the near future.

Gamer602, I just created an account strictly to order. As for the pricing, it was $39 before. Is it in USD prices? I assumed it was CAD, but cannot find any reference one way or another. I will update the post once it hits my online credit card statement.

As for EB and "seeing the exchange rate", they are still crooks, especially on their used game pricing. Also, how do other retailers manage to sell titles so much cheaper, ie. Walmart, RCSS, Amazon.ca etc. You are telling me that EB is not horribly overpriced and taking advantage of the market/our dollar excuse?

Confirmed the price was indeed $39 CANADIAN, NOT USD. They have since changed the price, I did not mis-read.

The price is still good as only one tax, and $2.99 shipping. I would buy it mainly to not support EBGames.

It should, afaik the plain retail version comes with the artbook/box. The only variant out there was the Rozenqueen set with the extra soundtrack.

Just an update for people on this - seems gameaccess is not able to get the games, and may be cancelling orders Friday if they cannot get it from their US supplier. I suggest going to EBGames to get this title if you really need it - last time I order from them. They are having trouble getting stock. They should not have sold stuff they didn't have. Pretty shitty to cancel orders days later without telling the customer on a rare game like this, especially since it may be sold out at EBGames.

[quote name='Sean09']Just an update for people on this - seems gameaccess is not able to get the games, and may be cancelling orders Friday if they cannot get it from their US supplier. I suggest going to EBGames to get this title if you really need it - last time I order from them. They are having trouble getting stock. They should not have sold stuff they didn't have. Pretty shitty to cancel orders days later without telling the customer on a rare game like this, especially since it may be sold out at EBGames.[/quote]

Aw *$%^

I guess I should just go ahead an cancel it now and hope that I can fricken find a copy at the local EBGames... if they ever managed to get it in the first place.

The sheer scarity of this game in Canada is really starting to piss me off. It's like it never got up here in the first place :(

Go figure, guess this is what you get for trying to do business with a small ma and pa operation. I do not recommend this company, especially after this:
Good Day,

As you surely know, the publisher or Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica , NIS, decided to short the amount of games they were suppose to print. For all North-America, only ¼ of the games were printed. All majors store did not get any copies of the game, and some did not even listed it. We did learn 2 days before the release that our supplier got shorted as well on his quantity and therefore, we were not able to get any copies of this game since the release. At this time, finding this game in Canada is almost impossible. That is why we are currently looking to the United States to find some copies but it is the same situation there. For now, we have decided to cancel and refund every order for that game, since we do not know when it will be possible to get. If we ever get copies of the game, be sure that we will contact you, since you were one of the firsts to order in on the Game Access store. Once again, we would like to apologise for this situation.

Best Regards,

That actually looks like a nice response IMO. It's not their fault and they came clean about it, you can't really complain about them for that. Perhaps distributors just aren't carrying PS2 games anymore? Maybe Sony is trying to stifle the market or something, as there's no reason NIS wouldn't produce enough copies to cover pre-orders. Refusing guaranteed money wouldn't help them at all.

Although I already have the 2 copies of AT2 I ordered ^_^;; RozenQueen FTW :)

Well, I object to them taking the orders, CHARGING MY CARD, then waiting this long to tell people. I just think it was pretty lousy of them, especially on a rare game.

Now I'm beginning to regret not ordering from Rosenqueen.

Mark my words, I won't make the same mistake with Raidou 2. That plushie looks oh so huggable.

The only problem I see with Rosenqueen is their shipping price for Canada 8-(, its really bad! Like when I wanted to get Disgea3 with the bonus CD, they were charging $20 US to ship + $49 US for the game itself. I ordered it from videogameplus.ca which chargme $49 CDN + around $5 of shipping fees.

A warning to those who may buy this game. There have been cuts to the Japanese voice track. The end game is now unvoiced compared with the Japanese version. NISA screwed us again. >_

just got the only copy of my ebgames, 50$ but I can't find one cheaper than that (and Far Cry 2 help a little bit too)

[quote name='intruder_xo']The only problem I see with Rosenqueen is their shipping price for Canada 8-(, its really bad! Like when I wanted to get Disgea3 with the bonus CD, they were charging $20 US to ship + $49 US for the game itself. I ordered it from videogameplus.ca which chargme $49 CDN + around $5 of shipping fees.[/quote]

What we really need to do is setup some local groups of us NIS fans, then have a single person in each local group order a batch for everyone in town. Then everyone does a local pickup and splits the shipping. It'd be easy to gather enough NIS fans to make that worthwhile here in Vancouver, and probably in Toronto. RozenQueen would be unbeatable if we could work shipping down to $3-$4 per person ;) Of course getting everyone to pre-pay and actually get orders in on LE items would be a pain...

[quote name='heimdal']Now I'm beginning to regret not ordering from Rosenqueen.

Mark my words, I won't make the same mistake with Raidou 2. That plushie looks oh so huggable.[/quote]
That's Atlus. We're all going to Amazon.ca it and hope for the best.

So what's the big deal with this Ar Tonelico 2 game? Is that THAT amazing that everyone's getting a boner for it? Or are people just getting it 'cause it's rare? I'm thinking going to EB tomorrow and use up some credit I have on this, purely for the rare value.

Neither. It's not some revolutionary perfect game. And buying a game simply because it's rare is silly. Not that I don't think you should buy it, but only do so if you want another JRPG to play. If you wanna play it you may as well snag AT1 too, Goomba may still have some copies ;)

Oh, a point I don't think anybodies elaborated that draws us to AT. The game has nice luscious boobies :D If you like boobs this is money well spent?

I bought it because I need JRPG bad, my ps3 doesn't offer me that. So my choice is between Persona 4 or this and the soundtrack/artbook decided for me

You guys do know that AT2 suffers from a huge game-killing bug that's basically unavoidable?!?

I'm not spending 40$ on this... yet. (Ah who am I kidding!!) It does say 3-5 weeks shipping though...

About time amazon.ca got this. To this day they still don't have KH: Chains (PS2), Castlevania OoE (NDS) and Ultimate Shooting Collection (Wii).

[quote name='jeffx']You guys do know that AT2 suffers from a huge game-killing bug that's basically unavoidable?!?

I'm not spending 40$ on this... yet. (Ah who am I kidding!!) It does say 3-5 weeks shipping though...

About time amazon.ca got this. To this day they still don't have KH: Chains (PS2), Castlevania OoE (NDS) and Ultimate Shooting Collection (Wii).[/quote]

Yup I have heard of this from gamefaqs and IGN, but from what I have heard, it is still an awesome game. Especially the game bug is nearly the end of the game.

I wished amazon.ca carried KH Chains of Memory, becuase of the coupon, but since it doesn't seem like they will, I got a copy at my local ebgames (haven't been to ebgames for like 5-6 years) :D

bread's done
Back