Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel Playstation3 is $23.99 at Newegg FREESHIP

I guess this got a reprint. Also available on Amazon for $30, but it's through third party fulfilled by Amazon. I'm hesitating on pulling the trigger even though this is likely the cheapest it will ever go. Only played the first Ar Tonelico and it got a bit creepy at certain points... It was still mostly enjoyable though.

If this was about 15-16 shipped I think I'd bite. I'd imagine I'd only get it really for collecting purposes instead of actually getting around to playing it.

Just an FYI, about a year ago, this game was selling for around $70. So, if you are interested, might wanna bite now. But be careful, some Amazon sellers are selling the European version. Newegg is selling the U.S. version.

[quote name='Blaster man']Is this a traditional JRPG? I've never even heard of it.[/QUOTE]

Fighting is a lot like Eternal Sonata, "dive" system is like a dating sim but less complex... The fighting is much different from the first two which where more like turned based RPG.

[quote name='Blaster man']Is this a traditional JRPG? I've never even heard of it.[/QUOTE]

Like Groundskeeper said. It is like a dating sim rpg. I thought it would be similar to Tales, boy was I wrong.

[quote name='mindatlarge']Just an FYI, about a year ago, this game was selling for around $70. So, if you are interested, might wanna bite now. But be careful, some Amazon sellers are selling the European version. Newegg is selling the U.S. version.[/QUOTE]

Just to note that the copies going for $50+ were all the Premium edition. The copies that Newegg is selling are all standard edition copies.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Word of warning; if you enjoyed the first 2, stay away from this. Nothing but a poor man's Star Ocean/Tales.[/QUOTE]

Kinda odd when you say it like that when you consider Both Vesperia and SO:I were both at 19.99 and probably below. Were Qoga has been in the dominant 39+ range...

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']I guess this got a reprint. Also available on Amazon for $30, but it's through third party fulfilled by Amazon. I'm hesitating on pulling the trigger even though this is likely the cheapest it will ever go. Only played the first Ar Tonelico and it got a bit creepy at certain points... It was still mostly enjoyable though.[/QUOTE]

Wait, is this for the Premium Edition? That would be fucked up if NISA started reprinting premium editions.:whistle2:?

[quote name='liquidussnakeus']Kinda odd when you say it like that when you consider Both Vesperia and SO:I were both at 19.99 and probably below. Were Qoga has been in the dominant 39+ range...[/QUOTE]
...I meant that its a shoddy clone, is that better? :roll:

[quote name='mindatlarge']Just an FYI, about a year ago, this game was selling for around $70. So, if you are interested, might wanna bite now. But be careful, some Amazon sellers are selling the European version. Newegg is selling the U.S. version.[/QUOTE]

Newegg has sent me other countries' versions of games in the past. I wouldn't put it past them. And when you email them about it, they don't understand.

Damn, I should have got this earlier today. I hesitated because I wanted to look into it more, and now I regret that I waited. You snooze you lose I guess. Hopefully newegg comes back in stock, or they do a reprinting. Even the reprinting of these games AT BEST usually go to $19.99, so I probably was stupid to not just grab it.

[quote name='scottman']Newegg has sent me other countries' versions of games in the past. I wouldn't put it past them. And when you email them about it, they don't understand.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't surprise me if Newegg is selling the PAL version. In the last couple months, there has been a huge influx of the UK version among US sellers. People have reported receiving South American versions of games from Newegg in the past, so they might not use the most reliable distributors.

This game is bad, real bad. It looks like the PS2 forcibly raped the PSone and the PSone wanted to give it up for adoption but nobody would take it. I am a big fan of JRPGs but this is terrible, but it's so terrible that it's good because If nothing else you can get a fairly good laugh out of it every now and then. The battle system is nice it just lacks any true depth and overall substance. As a bonus though, little girls sing and their clothes strip off so that was a main selling point for me.

Damn, missed it. I would have jumped on it at this price, UK version or no.

Definitely the US regular edition is what is pictured. Is there a substantial difference between the US and UK version (aside from if you are trying to play on an NTSC tube tv)?

I can't attest to how good or bad the game is (yet). I picked up the title new at a local Gamestop a few months ago. Last one in the entire area. Like others have mentioned in this thread, Ar Tonelico games tend to be hard to find after a while, and I wanted to have this one in the backlog (I haven't bought a PS3 yet but plan to do so when the console price hits rock bottom; vey much love my 360 and Wii). If this is anything like the other two on the PS2, then I can say it will be mediocre, at best.

I got it because I had the other two and I'm a sucker for trilogies. I also wanted to make sure to pick up the Premium Edition, with original soundtrack and artbook. While the AT games aren't that great, the music has always been quite nice.

These titles do get reprints, though, and my guess is this one is a reprint, with none of the extras.

I played for at least 10ish-12 or so hours...can't say this is anywhere near as good as the previous 2 for the PS2. The story and the battle system just don't feel as good....not a huge fan...but okay price when it was available.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I can't attest to how good or bad the game is (yet). I picked up the title new at a local Gamestop a few months ago. Last one in the entire area. Like others have mentioned in this thread, Ar Tonelico games tend to be hard to find after a while, and I wanted to have this one in the backlog (I haven't bought a PS3 yet but plan to do so when the console price hits rock bottom; vey much love my 360 and Wii). If this is anything like the other two on the PS2, then I can say it will be mediocre, at best.

I got it because I had the other two and I'm a sucker for trilogies. I also wanted to make sure to pick up the Premium Edition, with original soundtrack and artbook. While the AT games aren't that great, the music has always been quite nice.

These titles do get reprints, though, and my guess is this one is a reprint, with none of the extras.[/QUOTE]

It is most definitely mediocre at best. Personally I strongly disliked it. Obviously there are those who are going to like it or even love it but for most I would highly recommend that you stay away. Only reason I bought it was to have a complete collection just like you. Maybe if I never played a Tales game or Star Ocean game I would like it a little but with those games in mind, it is bad. Not so bad the game is broken but the battle sequences are so boring.

[quote name='headbanger1186']This game is bad, real bad. It looks like the PS2 forcibly raped the PSone and the PSone wanted to give it up for adoption but nobody would take it. I am a big fan of JRPGs but this is terrible, but it's so terrible that it's good because If nothing else you can get a fairly good laugh out of it every now and then. The battle system is nice it just lacks any true depth and overall substance. As a bonus though, little girls sing and their clothes strip off so that was a main selling point for me.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s Thanks for the laugh, waited to long deciding if i should buy it. When i finally decided to go for it it was out of stock. Kind of glad though seems like a game I'd have to play in the middle of the night or when no one else was at home, to avoid people walking in on me and giving me a WTF look.

[quote name='Tallest-Midget']:whistle2:s Thanks for the laugh, waited to long deciding if i should buy it. When i finally decided to go for it it was out of stock. Kind of glad though seems like a game I'd have to play in the middle of the night or when no one else was at home, to avoid people walking in on me and giving me a WTF look.[/QUOTE]

I got so much shit from my GF for playing it, She just doesn't understand JRPGs it seemed. She was also uncomfortable when you have to " Dive" inside of the girls too...
It's definitely a wacky game but idk...This is a world starving for excellent JRPG goodness. Last great one I played was Resonance Of Fate. Tales of Graces was decent but kind of disappointing because I was expecting at least something as awesome as Vesperia.

[quote name='shuffleair']Atelier Meruru is also on sale for $29.99. I don't know if it comes with the artbook or not though. :/[/QUOTE]

Thanks Shuffle for the heads up on Atelier Meruru. I have NO clue why I like this series but I do and this is cheapest I've seen this.

Not been a fan of Ar Tonelico but seems quirky enough to peek my interest. :) Got it in my Gamefly queue now.

For those that do not care what version they get, the PAL version has been low for a while and it may drop even lower during one of Zavvi's many price drops (Mega Mondays).

Right now it's £14.95 + £0.99 shipping, which at this point is $25.86.

This game also has a ton of DLC. If you do go with the PAL version, keep in mind that you will need a UK account to buy any DLC/download any free DLC. I haven't checked on the UK store, but I remember the US version had a couple free chapters.

Incidentally, don't ever try to pronounce "Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel" when there are god-fearing Christians around. They thought I was speaking in tongues, and started throwing holy water on me. It burned.

[quote name='Treyvalyn']Thanks Shuffle for the heads up on Atelier Meruru. I have NO clue why I like this series but I do and this is cheapest I've seen this.

Not been a fan of Ar Tonelico but seems quirky enough to peek my interest. :) Got it in my Gamefly queue now.[/QUOTE]

Let us know if it comes with the artbook. $30 is a good price regardless, but I need to play the first 2 games before I think about buying the 3rd.

[quote name='Treyvalyn']Thanks Shuffle for the heads up on Atelier Meruru. I have NO clue why I like this series but I do and this is cheapest I've seen this.

Not been a fan of Ar Tonelico but seems quirky enough to peek my interest. :) Got it in my Gamefly queue now.[/QUOTE]

Sure, no problem. :D

And please tell me if it comes with the artbook or not.

I haven't seen or heard of any copies of Atelier Meruru without the artbook thus far. Mine is on its way to me, so I'll keep everyone updated, if somebody else doesn't beat me to it.

[quote name='shurija']In addition to their ebay store, it looks like it came back in stock on the Newegg website.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Got me a copy.

[quote name='headbanger1186']I got so much shit from my GF for playing it, She just doesn't understand JRPGs it seemed. She was also uncomfortable when you have to " Dive" inside of the girls too...
It's definitely a wacky game but idk...This is a world starving for excellent JRPG goodness. Last great one I played was Resonance Of Fate. Tales of Graces was decent but kind of disappointing because I was expecting at least something as awesome as Vesperia.[/QUOTE]

Re: your JRPG comment, I totally agree. This gen has been largely a letdown in the JRPG area. Despite the leap in technology, it seems JRPGs have gotten sort of stuck; Tales of Vesperia IMHO stands as the best JRPG this generation. Square hasn't really delivered, though I didn't think FF13 was nearly as terrible as some others thought. Lost Odyssey is also a gem, but for every decent title, there has been another Magna Carta or Infinite Undiscovery. I miss the Shadow Hearts series.

Oddly though, I think we're getting some of he finest JRPGs towards the backend of this generation. I've heard nothing but praise for Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii. The Last Story doesn't intrigue me at all, but at least it does seem to be Sakaguichi trying to innovate the age-old formula. Then you have the crem de la crem with Atlus bringing Persona 5 and Square Enix shooting for a "do-over" with FF13-3.

Nothing quite like Xenosaga this time around, but at least there's potentially great stuff to look forward to.

It's back in stock, at least it was 30 minutes ago. Ordered one even though I know it's not that good. Basically for the RPG collection.

I'm a big fan of the Ar Tonelico series. I really enjoyed both 1 and 2. However, this one is a complete trainwreck. Gameplay and design is really horrid. Even the inneundo and comedy is pretty bad. I plunged the 30 hours or so to beat it, and every second was miserable. Just an FYI.

(oh, even the music falls flat in this one too... :( )

[quote name='knightsdwn']Just got my copy in and it is indeed the US version.[/QUOTE]

Is it the premium version that includes the soundtrack and artbook?

bread's done
Back