Ar Tonelico Qoga (PS3) Official US Site Now Open

The Mana Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Here is the official site:
http://nisamerica.com/games/atq/

premiumpack.jpg

I'm so excited. Should be out around Mid March.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to play it, but couldn't quite shake the feeling that I was playing a hentai game with the naughty bits edited out in a bad way.

I have a copy of the sequel that I haven't played yet, since I haven't been able to find a copy of the first game. It would a little easier to find a copy, but I'm trying to track down the copy of the one with the slipcover, artbook, and the pre-order soundtrack.

Wow, I had read about Ar Tonelico 3 and was happy because I loved the first 2 but Atelier Rorona as well ? I'm all in. Really, Ar Tonelico 3 - 2010 can't get here fast enough

Its great to see these games coming out for PS3 or on any current gen system really. This is what the vast majority of my money went to on last gen systems.

[quote name='mis0']^

Maybe Sony will become the RPG king once again.. just like in the good ol' days of PS2.[/QUOTE]

Why I own a PS3 to be honest. The line up from now and into 2011 is looking very good, I only wish we were getting a new Tales of game but still all in all some very good looking RPGs. Ar Tonelico 3 Is a big one for me, I wasted a good bit of time on the first 2.

[quote name='Vanigan']Tried to play it, but couldn't quite shake the feeling that I was playing a hentai game with the naughty bits edited out in a bad way.[/QUOTE]

At the very least they could have had the girls eating gooey jumbo sausages.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Wait, we're getting this and Atelier Rorona?!? Sweet!!![/QUOTE]

It's not announced for NA yet, but I see this as an opportunity for NISA to redeem themselves from AT2.

Im excited for Ar Tonelico too but hopefully i wont be confused playing this one

since i never played the latter two

I loved the 1st but disliked the 2nd. Still looking forward to this one. erehwon, I have what you want, still sealed, if interested, pm me your offer.

OP should really add "announced for Japan" in the title. Lot of people will think this game is announced for US the way it is.

[quote name='laaj']OP should really add "announced for Japan" in the title. Lot of people will think this game is announced for US the way it is.[/QUOTE]99% of people know that Ar Tonelico will hit Japan before NA, probably a year or more first. I plan to update the thread title with Gen Discussion and Info later.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']I loved the 1st but disliked the 2nd. [/QUOTE]
That's how I felt as well. The second was a big disappointment. Not even counting all the bugs that NISA put in there.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Wait, I thought this was purely a Gust series. Bamco owns the rights to it?[/QUOTE]It was Banpresto, but Namco Bandia owns Banpresto now.

I never got the 2nd one, but one day I might.

I haven't put my order in yet for Hyperdimension Neptunia, and now Ar tonelico oh man. Should even look at Neptunia?

So exactly why did this game get a M rating (unlike the first two) and why are some sites making a big deal out of it? I've been out of the loop since the first game... the second one's still collecting dust.

[quote name='mitch079']Is the Premium Box seen on NIS's store the same one that you can buy on Gamestop or Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's just that the NISA store has an additional premium item (calendar) available.

I got my copy mid last week. Already started it and love it. Story is pretty good so far and the battles are definitely fun. Any Ar Tonelico fan better buy this.

I got my copy at the end of the week, and I like it so far. The battles are kinda simplistic. Easy is too easy, and normal difficulty is hard on the bosses.

How do you perform a purge? Hold one of the triggers and shake the controller? The tutorial said you hold all 4 and shake the contoller, but they do a power move instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my copy got lost in USPS limbo. Delivery women doesn't have it and is not at the post office either. I'll give them a week to sort it out before contacting Amazon for replacement or refund.

Sucks that my Amazon Prime membership I had ever since that service got started is no more with me cutting back on few things for a house. I miss you my Fedex guy.

USPS finally located my package. Looking at the game packaging, NISA practically gave up sales on brick on mortar stores. This game won't stack well on shelves of many stores. Maybe combination of most niche RPG sales being from online and people being embarrassed to buy this kind of game in person.

read the review in OPM and doesn't sound too much like my kind of game I like "some" NISA games (Disgaea & Cross Edge) could someone tell me what it is about?

[quote name='bjstucker']read the review in OPM and doesn't sound too much like my kind of game I like "some" NISA games (Disgaea & Cross Edge) could someone tell me what it is about?[/QUOTE]The game isn't even made by NIS. It's made by Gust (makers of Atelier). The game feels much more like a traditional RPG, but a very good storyline with great character interaction (don't ever put it in the same league as Cross Edge, because that game is TERRIBLE), fun battle system, and just feels like the standard RPG with different quirks.

I'd say this review is better or PSX Extreme:
http://worthplaying.com/article/2011/3/15/reviews/80344/

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The game isn't even made by NIS. It's made by Gust (makers of Atelier). The game feels much more like a traditional RPG, but a very good storyline with great character interaction (don't ever put it in the same league as Cross Edge, because that game is TERRIBLE), fun battle system, and just feels like the standard RPG with different quirks.

I'd say this review is better or PSX Extreme:
http://worthplaying.com/article/2011/3/15/reviews/80344/[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mana I will check it out :) I enjoy traditional RPG's so maybe it will be my cup of tea.:lol: Sadly though I have yet to find anything like the old SNES RPG's this gen asside from Lost Odyssey.

[quote name='bjstucker']Thanks Mana I will check it out :) I enjoy traditional RPG's so maybe it will be my cup of tea.:lol: Sadly though I have yet to find anything like the old SNES RPG's this gen asside from Lost Odyssey.[/QUOTE]

Try Radiant Historia. It's pretty fantastic.

Well, I'm stuck. I'm at phase two, ready to attack the Clustians, and I'm at the part where when you first enter the Lymph Vessel, there's a cutscene. The FAQ says to go back where you met someone, but I don't remember where. I've explored everywhere in the lymph vessel and everything goes to a dead end.

Just to let everyone know that a certain bug has been discovered. It's being named the Elemia Island bug. Info below posted from gamefaqs board. If you have started Phase 4 and dived into the 3rd Reyvatel it might be too late already but if you haven't and installed the free Elemia DLC follow the instructions below before you run into this bug. You can of course install the DLC after successfully acquiring Hyuma.

*Koukin96
"Due to a bug, the Hyuma in question, Nam (#44), is unavailable if you've installed any of the Elemia Island DLC. If you have, TnMK and the Hyuma act as if you've already met them; this keeps Nam from being unlocked.

There is, fortunately, a solution if you haven't gone to the shrine yet. Quit out of the game, then scroll up to the top of the Game column in the XMB. Select 'Game Data Utility', scroll down until you find the ATQ data, press triangle, then select 'Delete'. Confirm when it asks you.

You'll lose nothing but time by doing this; what you're doing is deleting the 5G cache install that you had to wait through before your first play. You'll also be deleting your DLC. No worries there, though -- you can redownload it whenever you wish. Just make sure you don't delete anything in the Saved Data Utility -- that's where your saved/clear games and system data are stored!"

Hopefully a patch will fix this issue.

Ok so just to confirm. Delete the "install" data and the DLC. Then we play it until Phase 4? Then we can get the DLC again? (also it is only the Elemnia Island DLC that is glitched or all of it?)

[quote name='lurkingsalt']Just to let everyone know that a certain bug has been discovered. It's being named the Elemia Island bug. Info below posted from gamefaqs board. If you have started Phase 4 and dived into the 3rd Reyvatel it might be too late already but if you haven't and installed the free Elemia DLC follow the instructions below before you run into this bug. You can of course install the DLC after successfully acquiring Hyuma.

*Koukin96
"Due to a bug, the Hyuma in question, Nam (#44), is unavailable if you've installed any of the Elemia Island DLC. If you have, TnMK and the Hyuma act as if you've already met them; this keeps Nam from being unlocked.

There is, fortunately, a solution if you haven't gone to the shrine yet. Quit out of the game, then scroll up to the top of the Game column in the XMB. Select 'Game Data Utility', scroll down until you find the ATQ data, press triangle, then select 'Delete'. Confirm when it asks you.

You'll lose nothing but time by doing this; what you're doing is deleting the 5G cache install that you had to wait through before your first play. You'll also be deleting your DLC. No worries there, though -- you can redownload it whenever you wish. Just make sure you don't delete anything in the Saved Data Utility -- that's where your saved/clear games and system data are stored!"

Hopefully a patch will fix this issue.[/QUOTE]

And NISA sucks ass just as usual. Do they ever learn? Nope.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Ok so just to confirm. Delete the "install" data and the DLC. Then we play it until Phase 4? Then we can get the DLC again? (also it is only the Elemnia Island DLC that is glitched or all of it?)[/QUOTE]

Deleting the Install Data gets rid of any DLC you have installed. Wait until collect the Hyuma Nam then you can safely install the Elemia DLC. It's only the Elemia DLC so the individual 1-6 and the whole pack are affected.

bread's done
Back