Arc Rise Fantasia RPG Gen. Discussion & Info+new Trailer Up

Okay, so I've played about 1.5 hours.

The voice acting isn't so bad to the point it makes your ears bleed but the script makes it exponentially worse.

Also, the voices don't fit the characters. Ryfia's voice acting is worst of the bunch thus far.

Blah story.
Combat is whatever.
Has many similarities with the Tales franchise.

The only thing I find relatively interesting is the tetris like accessories you can equip to your weapons to beef them up.

Currently stuck at
the second Deathchanter boss battle
. Probably need to grind a couple levels. I thought it was too easy up until now.

This game is the best one of the best Tales games to come over to America (Vesperia better of course).

Anyone who like JRPG should try this for sure. It's one of the best unreleased Gamecube games.

[quote name='nnthomas']This game is the best one of the best Tales games to come over to America (Vesperia better of course).

Anyone who like JRPG should try this for sure. It's one of the best unreleased Gamecube games.[/QUOTE]

I've read this post four times and I still can't quite understand what you're trying to say.

[quote name='nnthomas']This game is the best one of the best Tales games to come over to America (Vesperia better of course).

Anyone who like JRPG should try this for sure. It's one of the best unreleased Gamecube games.[/QUOTE]

1. Not a tales game at all. Hiroyuki Kanemaru worked on one tales game and wasn't even a lead on it.

2. This game was never on the cube, was never meant to go to the cube.

3. It's a bargain bin game. With Ignition stamp of approval.

> Arc Rise is one of the best Gamecube games to come out in a long time

> Arc Rise is a really good Tales Of game

How does that sound

[quote name='nnthomas']> Arc Rise is one of the best Gamecube games to come out in a long time

> Arc Rise is a really good Tales Of game

How does that sound[/QUOTE]

Like you have no idea what you're talking about. :rofl:

[quote name='LostRoad']1. Not a tales game at all. Hiroyuki Kanemaru worked on one tales game and wasn't even a lead on it.

2. This game was never on the cube, was never meant to go to the cube.

3. It's a bargain bin game. With Ignition stamp of approval.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thelonepig']Like you have no idea what you're talking about. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I LOL'd as well.

Anyway, about 3.5 hours in. Going slow and talking to everyone. I reached the guild and completed one quest and all but one disappeared. WTF. I should have added them all to active quests.

This game isn't bad. Just feels a little generic. Script + Voice acting make for a really bad combination.

After all the impressions I've heard I think this is a pass. Reminds me a lot of another Ignition disaster- Nostalgia. Very generic with a shitty translation? Deja vu.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']After all the impressions I've heard I think this is a pass. Reminds me a lot of another Ignition disaster- Nostalgia. Very generic with a shitty translation? Deja vu.[/QUOTE]

I think it is a pass until it drops from $40 to maybe about $20. Been reading the gamespot forums and some people have gauged a rushed playthrough at about 25-30 hours without doing extra stuff.

I haven't even heard anything about New Game + or high levels of difficulty.

Issues such as the bad dub (+ lame script?) and 16:9 ONLY aspect ratio (where's the love?) make this game not worth the retail price.

I picked up the new BlazBlue game yesterday at BB and offhand asked if they would pricematch TRU's B1G1 50% off sale. I only had about five minutes to look when they agreed to do it, so I ended up grabbing Arc Rise for $20. It'll be a while before I get to it, but at $20 it was worth the gamble.

[quote name='thelonepig']I picked up the new BlazBlue game yesterday at BB and offhand asked if they would pricematch TRU's B1G1 50% off sale. I only had about five minutes to look when they agreed to do it, so I ended up grabbing Arc Rise for $20. It'll be a while before I get to it, but at $20 it was worth the gamble.[/QUOTE]

At worst you could resell it on Amazon Marketplace or Fleabay for a small profit.

I'm curious to see if the game is even worth $20, sadly I was looking forward to it at one point. But, an RPG's localization/VO makes or breaks it half the time.

I'll keep an eye out on it, maybe it will go on sale. :D

I agree with them, the dialogue is very bumpy, and the VA is crap, but otherwise the game is really really good.

The game is good fun. Really, the fundmentals -- combat, equipment, etc. -- are very sound and there are no random battles. The story is convoluted but that's nothing new for JRPGs.

As for the voice acting... it's pretty mediocre, but it's not *quite* as bad as the trailers suggest. It's no worse than the first Baten Kaitos, which means that I only cringe some of the time rather than all the time. :)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']After all the impressions I've heard I think this is a pass. Reminds me a lot of another Ignition disaster- Nostalgia. Very generic with a shitty translation? Deja vu.[/QUOTE]

I hate Nostalgia so much. I got burned by that game for sure... :bomb:

Hence why I was a bit hesitant about this. I still have a lot on my plate to play so I may just wait I guess.

bread's done
Back