Arcade-Style Shooters for PS3?

Khakkhara

CAG Veteran
All right, a little background: the last time I was really into gaming, I had a Playstation (One) and Sega Saturn. Time passed and I kinda fell out of gaming. Now that I have more disposable income, I've purchased a PS3.

I liked a lot of "Arcade-style" shooters-- Virtua Cop, Time Crisis, Area 51, House of the Dead et al; I see there are some releases of these series for the PS3, playable if I have the move controller.

How are these games--expanded versions of their previous games, or are the controls a bit clumbsy? Are there newer games which still play like an arcade style shooter? Is it recommended that I purchase the 'Navigation' controller as well?

Sorry for the whole bunch of Q's, but I'm totally new to this generation of gaming.

Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 (Top Shot Elite/Playstation Move)
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 (Top Shot Elite/Playstation Move) (Activision, 2010)[28]
Deadstorm Pirates (Guncon 3/PlayStation Move) (Namco, 2010)
Dead Space: Extraction (Playstation Move) (EA, 2011)
Fast Draw Showdown (PlayStation Move)
Heavy Fire Afghanistan (Playstation Move)
House of the Dead III (Playstation Move)
House of the Dead 4 (Playstation Move)
House of the Dead Overkill (Playstation Move)
Resident Evil Chronicles HD (Playstation Move)
The Shoot (Playstation Move)
Time Crisis 4 (Guncon 3) (Namco, 2007)[29][30][31]
Time Crisis: Razing Storm (Guncon 3/PlayStation Move) (Namco, 2007)[28]

House of the dead overkill is my favorite. I also have cabelas 2011 and that's pretty fun. The shoot is complete trash though. You need the sharpshooter though to really get into it. You can play without it but meh. Sharpshooters for 20 isn't too hard to come by.

Deadstorm Pirates, Time Crisis 4, and Razing Storm come on a single disc. Probably the best value, since you can play 3 games, with either a controller, move, or guncon 3 (if you can find one). If you do manage to find a GC3, the old stand alone version of TC4 has a few added modes not in the bundle version, like an off-rails FPS-ish mode.

Also, Cabela's 2011 is pretty fun from experience but a little clumsy. The main part of the game is off rails and the Top Shot really didn't work as well as I'd hope for that. It's not bad though, and you should get used to it after a bit. The gallery mode is fun, where you just shoot whatever comes up, without worrying about moving.

Dead Nation is a great top down shooter, and Super Stardust HD is a awesome as well. Neither are house of the dead shooters but both are great fun.

bread's done
Back