Arcade1Up - Deluxe Edition 12-in-1 Arcade Cabinet $399.99 at Best Buy

Some speculation about Konami games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKGPXN-3w-8

Confirms nothing and mostly speculative... Some of the bar-top games are leaked here. Even Shipwreck (from the CAGcast) talked about Q-Bert in a tweet a while ago.

Hope the Konami/TMNT rumor is true! Turtles in Time would be a nice addition, too!

FYI: if you want to play the TMNT arcade games now, they are unlockables in TMNT2 and TMNT3 for the GameCube/PS2/Xbox. These versions have different music, though.

Hope the Konami/TMNT rumor is true! Turtles in Time would be a nice addition, too!

FYI: if you want to play the TMNT arcade games now, they are unlockables in TMNT2 and TMNT3 for the GameCube/PS2/Xbox. These versions have different music, though.
You know why they have different music? The same reason you won't see a TMNT Arcade1Up cabinet...

Last edited by a moderator:
and that's already on a stand. they should've made the stand 6" taller i think
Edit: look where his feet are! i think this guy's actually slouching to the side to make the machine look taller, and it still looks too short. or is it just because the controls for that game are on the left side and it's more comfortable standing to the side? that cant be true
Honestly it looks like a bad photoshop. The quality of the image for the cabinet looks much better than the rest of the picture. Also as you said, look at the feet. It looks pretty off in comparison to the cabinet.

That image just seems sketchy to me, but I guess it does the job if all they want to show is how tall it is, if It even is that tall.

Wait which ps2 tmnt games? The ubisoft or Konami ones?
TMNT: Battle Nexus (for the Arcade Game) and TMNT: Mutant Nightmare (for Turtles in Time). Both arcade games unlock once you get far enough in the main game. I never played Battle Nexus, but Mutant Nightmare was a pretty mediocre 3D beat-em up. I dropped the main game as soon as Turtles in Time unlocked and had way more fun.

FYI:  the street date has been pushed to 10/16/2018

Some initial confusion if  everything is getting delayed, but they've clarified it on twitter

-preorders of the original four cabs should be available. They've asked retailers to honor the 09/25 date, for preorders

Your preorder should be safe and arrive unless the retailer sends you email advising of the delay

-exception is the Deluxe 12-in-1 cab from Best Buy preorders.  BB is delaying it until 10/16.  Already got my delay email :oldman:

-no idea what Fry's will do with their Deluxe preorders, but they were $100 more anyway so,  fuck that :lol:  

Anyone that didn't preorder will hafta wait until 10/16/18 to find a unit in store.  Unless they break street date "cough"walmart"cough" ;)

Im in a love hate with it. i really happy to see these being made and really want some. But i look at youtube at the games in it and think 400.00 to play them is way to much. with a goofy control setup since 12 games on it make the panel look like a mame setup. and I.M.O they should have like 25 to 50 games for 400.00 

This is what SNK should have done instead of the mini. it would have been perfect

And only twenty hours of work, plus the investment in the saws and such.
It's the same argument as people make against the NES/SNES Classic vs. Raspberry Pi. What they fail to realize is that not everyone has the ability or knowledge to make those things happen. Making a decent look arcade cabinet is trivial for some, particularly if they already own the tools. But for most, having a plug and play (in these cases, an Ikea like fairly easy build only requiring a screwdriver) is preferable.

These things aren't really about saving money or "better" game selection, it is about making those things available to people that do not have the expertise to create them.

Im in a love hate with it. i really happy to see these being made and really want some. But i look at youtube at the games in it and think 400.00 to play them is way to much. with a goofy control setup since 12 games on it make the panel look like a mame setup. and I.M.O they should have like 25 to 50 games for 400.00

This is what SNK should have done instead of the mini. it would have been perfect
I would have instantly spent $400 on a Neo-Geo with 25-50 games on it. I'd be hesitant to spend $40 on the Neo Geo Mini though (would definitely spend $40 actually).

And only twenty hours of work, plus the investment in the saws and such.
Twenty hours is generous. I've looked into building my own before and estimated it would take about 40+ hours of time and over $1,000 in parts. I've also looked into the digital pinball tables which are even more expensive, but they are so damn cool.

Like I said previously, instructables.com has a ton of pretty decent ideas and blueprints for anyone looking to build one. I’ve thought about it for awhile. I’d say around $400 to build a decent one. With a RasPi or an old pc to run the emulators and maybe an old lcd lying, it could be cheaper. There’s even prebuilt control boards if you don’t want to do all that custom. But if you start going that route, you might as well look into the PandoraBox.

I would have instantly spent $400 on a Neo-Geo with 25-50 games on it. I'd be hesitant to spend $40 on the Neo Geo Mini though (would definitely spend $40 actually).

Twenty hours is generous. I've looked into building my own before and estimated it would take about 40+ hours of time and over $1,000 in parts. I've also looked into the digital pinball tables which are even more expensive, but they are so damn cool.
Not really. Bought a prefab bartop. Great instructions. Took couple of hours to glue and put together. Couple hours wiring joysticks and setting up Pi. Never used a Raspi before this.

Spent around $400 on cab

around $150 on controllers

Around $130 on monitor

$50 on Pi and mem card

and i went fancy on joysticks

Here's an Arcade1UP video review, he does also mention the Alpha-cade that sethrhf mentioned above

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yABT3VXuWU0&feature=youtu.be

Ive built A LOT of MAME cabinets. It is a lot of work. I use arcade cabinets that are no longer wanted. You can get a Golden Tee cabinet for $50. Anyway, it is very time consuming. Wiring, Painting, programming, patching the cabinet, mounting monitors, and drilling holes for controls. It also will cost you about $1500 in parts. All that being said..... if you love the classic games its the best way to play them.

bread's done
Back