Arcania GOTY (lol? actually complete) edition $20 pre-order on Amazon (360 only atm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='whitereflection']Really? I don't think it's that bad. It's like a good PC RPG from 2003. It's also one of the prettier Euro-RPGs. If I worked on this game, you couldn't get me to stop crowing about it. "Poor man's Oblivion!"[/QUOTE]

I didn't think very much of Oblivion, either. That said, at least it had better production values. Arcania was just sloppy and half assed.

I always thought I was one of the only people out there that liked this game. I finished it, and though I didn't get 1000/1000 I don't really care that much about achievements. I didn't realize so many people did. What was broken that you couldn't get them all? I remember I think I got like 650 or so, and was pleased since I still finished the game.

You couldn't get all the recipies required for "Master Chef" achievement, and subsequently "Geek" (obtain all achievements). It is only possible for 950/1000

That can be a deal killer for some involved.

Really enjoyed it but it bugged out on me about 85% done. Very frustrating. I really enjoyed it, it's more polished than Two Worlds II (which I love as well). There is a demo in the XBox Marketplace. The game has a patch that I believe makes it run smoother than the demo.

[quote name='tuffguycore']I always thought I was one of the only people out there that liked this game. I finished it, and though I didn't get 1000/1000 I don't really care that much about achievements. I didn't realize so many people did. What was broken that you couldn't get them all? I remember I think I got like 650 or so, and was pleased since I still finished the game.[/QUOTE]

I can't stand it when companies release new DLC or versions to make more money off of a game without fixing obvious known bugs first. So I really want to know if they've fixed this before spending more on this game.

Before I post anything, I want to apologize ahead of time for BUMPING this super old thread.

I just recieved an e-mail from Amazon with the following statement:

"Hello,

We're contacting you about order #XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX for "ArcaniA: The Complete Collection." We recently learned that Solutions 2 Go Inc. won't be releasing the game for Xbox 360 in North America. We're very sorry about this.

As a result, we've canceled your order and you have not been charged.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message"

I wonder why they decided to withdraw their Xbox 360 North America release, but I guess it won't make a difference as it would have only sat in my backlog. Anyways, heads up for those of you who Pre-ordered it for the 360 as your order is going to get cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back