Are any B&Ms Selling 360s Limit One (1) Per Customer??

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Alright... I haven't been part of a really hyped launch since the Dreamcast and the MS hype machine is way out of control so what the hell... I will probably be getting to a B&M store around 5 a.m. on Tuesday to wait on line. I want to buy 2 systems though and ebay one for hopefully double MSRP so my 360 will be *free* - are there any stores that won't sell you two of them?

[quote name='JShack']you are evil. dont do it[/QUOTE]

Hahaha... first reply. Oh well, evil as it may be, I have the money and the time this week to go do this. Normally I wouldn't waste my time with crap like this but for a potential free 360 that I can use for the next 5 years - sign me up!

My local Wal-mart had a sign in the electronics department tonight that clearly stated, "Due to the limited number of Xbox 360's, there will be a limit of (1) per customer"

I'm not planning on buying one at launch, but on a lighter note, My local target had about 6 of each Xbox 360 package already in the cases with big signs on them that said. "Do not sell until November 22nd".....what a tease for those that really want them!

the way i figure is how pissed would you be if they only had two left and the guy right in front of you bought em both only to sell one on ebay for twice of what they paid

I wish wal-mart didn't have that 1 per costomer limit as my friend works at wal-mart and I wanted him to just buy mine as well so I could save about $70 with his discount.

[quote name='JShack']the way i figure is how pissed would you be if they only had two left and the guy right in front of you bought em both only to sell one on ebay for twice of what they paid[/QUOTE]

Well he should have gotten up a little earlier then there wouldn't be this problem... or it could be his lucky day when I sell him my extra on the spot for $800 so he can have it at launch - no hassle and no waiting!

Crap. I thought this would be the case. Hmmm... I really don't know anyone who would be willing to get up that early with me to grab a system... Oh well, I'll probably just get one, eBay it and use the difference towards a system come January or whenever new shipments come in...

javeryh just hit up another store thtat morning and maybe you'll find one. Or maybe hit up a midnight madness sale. Then hit up a store that doesn't start to sale them until they open in the morning. such as a wal-mart or target or somewhere.

[quote name='mr ryles']javeryh just hit up another store thtat morning and maybe you'll find one. Or maybe hit up a midnight madness sale. Then hit up a store that doesn't start to sale them until they open in the morning. such as a wal-mart or target or somewhere.[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good idea except I'm lazy when it comes to stuff like this... if I got one at midnight I'd probably say eff it when the laarm went off a few hours later... :D I am going to call around tomorrow though and see if anyone is selling at midnight - there's a better chance of me dragging someone there with me...

javeryh you should have drank more Pepsi products the past 3 months and you would already be playing with your free 360...hahahahaha. Seriously, I hope everything works out for you and you do get a 360 for free, Good Luck.

With the height of anticipation, just about all retailers will allow 1 per customer, so nobody burns down their store, or shoots any employees.

1 per customer of everywhere i know, in BB it says due to the limited supply of 360's we'll limit 360's to 1 per customers, also due to cocks who sell on ebay for double price we'll be punching every customer also.

[quote name='Maynard']1 per customer of everywhere i know, in BB it says due to the limited supply of 360's we'll limit 360's to 1 per customers also due to cocks who sell on ebay for double price will be punching every customer also.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

[quote name='Maynard']1 per customer of everywhere i know, in BB it says due to the limited supply of 360's we'll limit 360's to 1 per customers, also due to cocks who sell on ebay for double price we'll be punching every customer also.[/QUOTE]

Whatever dude. I'm sure I'm not supposed make $300 on the system because I'm a nice guy and should let some anonymous person have it for MSRP instead. You'd make a great CEO. It's fine if you think I'm a cock but I'll be a cock playing a free 360.

bummer. I was hoping I could buy around 10 of them to sell for 1500.00 each in a few weeks. ;)

seriously though, I'm glad its a 1 per customer deal. no need to make the limited # of units available even worse buy letting people buy as many as they can afford.

Thank God, its about time someone did something about the hoarders and ebay Scalpers.

You Sanford and Son types who stock up, then try to sell on ebay, and then return what you can't sell need to be purged, plain and simple. One way is cracking down on returns, which more andmore stores are doing. After having people try to return 10 different "Tickle Me Elmos" or "Furbys" the stores have started to wisen up.

To the people stupid enough to pay $400+ on ebay.....shame on your pathetic asses, you keep these losers in business.

Just play your damn Xbox/PS2/Dreamcast/Gamecube/PSP another few weeks or months and get one at retail...then we wont have htis problem of supply and demand. You take the scalpers out of the equation and suddenly there are plenty of systems to go around.

I don't see why so many people have a problem with this. Even if I can only score one console I'm still going to eBay it for the extra money and put it towards a 360 whenever they aren't so scarce. Supply and demand. It's simple. You would be stupid not to - if I can't sell it, then I kepp it for myself or just return it.

Our entire economy is based upon screwing the little guy so why all of a sudden when joe consumer tries to make a buck there is this huge outrage but when big business does it everyone is OK with it?

[quote name='javeryh']I don't see why so many people have a problem with this. Even if I can only score one console I'm still going to eBay it for the extra money and put it towards a 360 whenever they aren't so scarce. Supply and demand. It's simple. You would be stupid not to - if I can't sell it, then I kepp it for myself or just return it.

Our entire economy is based upon screwing the little guy so why all of a sudden when joe consumer tries to make a buck there is this huge outrage but when big business does it everyone is OK with it?[/QUOTE]

Hey, if you get only one console and decide to sell it for profit, then more power to you...that's your right.

But when you're trying to buy multiple systems at the same time that others are trying to buy one, then screw you. I'm glad that just about every BM store I've talked to is limiting sales to just one system per customer.

I'm all about making it fair at the retail level...otherwise, what's to stop stores like Bestbuy or Walmart from saying, "Hmmm, we only have ten consoles but there's 100 people in line...Let's raise the price until 10 people are left!". With that said, I have no problem with supply and demand kicking in AFTER it sells out at retail.

If you want to drive around to 10 different stores and pickup 10 systems then go for it...that's probably the only way you'll score more than one without a preorder. Actually, it would be funny if you got shutout of a system because of others thinking like you.

bread's done
Back