Are buying Rare and Expensive games against the CAG way?

Zerostatic

CAGiversary!
Can a gamer really call them self a cheap ass gamer when they spend tons of money to get rare and expensive games. For example the posters trying to complete their Shin Megami Tensei collections yet they don't own Dragon Quest VIII or Xenosaga Episode 1 which both can be had for $10 dollars or less.

I know that they may be trying to get the cheapest price on the expensive game they are pursuing but wouldn't that be like someone on an economy car forum trying to get a Ferrari for the cheapest price possible?

[quote name='THoward7382']No such thing as a CAG "way." I visit this site all the time and always pay full price![/quote]

WHY? If I can find a place selling a game for CHEAPER than retail(even if it's only a few bucks or so), I'll find myself a copy and be done with it. But, if I can't find a cheap copy of the game, then so be it, I'll just wait until another store clearances it down to where I'm willing to pay for it.

If that doesn't happen, then I go buy it at Gamestop or FYE for whatever they want for it.

[quote name='THoward7382']No such thing as a CAG "way." I visit this site all the time and always pay full price![/quote]How could you?
I can understand sometimes you pay full price for a game you want but, every game?

But regarding the OP's post, It depends on what game it is.
If you want it that bad, go ahead pay full price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']WHY? If I can find a place selling a game for CHEAPER than retail(even if it's only a few bucks or so), I'll find myself a copy and be done with it. But, if I can't find a cheap copy of the game, then so be it, I'll just wait until another store clearances it down to where I'm willing to pay for it.

If that doesn't happen, then I go buy it at Gamestop or FYE for whatever they want for it.[/quote]

I am one of the few shoppers out there that believe in loyalty etc I only shop at certain stores, get to know the staff, etc and only buy from them.

It's not a mortal sin to pay above retail for a rare, out of print game if you really want it. Just don't cry if it gets reprinted, or released as part of a compilation disc, or on XBL or Wii.

Personally, I never pay above retail for a game, which is the reason I've never played games like Radiant Silvergun, Panzer Dragoon Saga, or Suikoden II. But that's just me. If I was a millionaire, I'd have both of those games already. It's just hard for me to justify spending $150 on one game when I could get 10 games or more for the same cash.

[quote name='Puffa469']It's not a mortal sin to pay above retail for a rare, out of print game if you really want it. Just don't cry if it gets reprinted, or released as part of a compilation disc, or on XBL or Wii.

Personally, I never pay above retail for a game, which is the reason I've never played games like Radiant Silvergun, Panzer Dragoon Saga, or Suikoden II. But that's just me. If I was a millionaire, I'd have both of those games already. It's just hard for me to justify spending $150 on one game when I could get 10 games or more for the same cash.[/QUOTE]

I bought Rock Band at full price, guess I'm a millionaire! whee!!

I usually almost always wait for drops on games or find them in the wild. I chanced Nocture during the TRU 50% off sale until it dropped and I got one (thats still sealed with the white label) for $25. If I didnt get it I wouldve waited until I found it at a pawn, which did happen 2x over. I now have 3 copies. That works for almost every game, although there is some exceptions (DDS1) that never pop up at pawns or are eaten buy my competition. Everytime I buy a game at retail (Halo 3 Legendary) it drops like crazy right after so outside of having coupons I am now waiting for drops or if I can get them before release (like Brawl).

bread's done
Back