Are Movie Gallery trade-in prices the same as Game Crazy?

MightySlacker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
100 (100%)
Figured they might be since Movie Gallery owns Game Crazy. Ive seen a few local Movie Gallery stores with new banners they now sell game systems and games, and now take trade-ins

Dave

Unless things have changed with the company I would think not as I used to go into their stores before the 2 in my area closed, and both had different pricing on the same games at each store, so I think it is done on a store by store basis but maybe they finally changed it to a 1 price system (which would hopefully mean trade in values are the same)

It could be that the value fluctuates by the amount of inventory they have of certain games in stock, Yoshi. I believe that's how Gamestop was doing it for a while and how many chains do it. As for the Movie Gallery stores taking in games and systems, I know the one Hollywood Video store around here is supposed to change over half their store to a 'Gamezone' at the start of August, so maybe they're just trying to build up stock by having those banners up early?

Yeah I guess that could be it. Movie Gallery really needs to change the way they handle game sales if they want people to buy them. They seal the same with a sticker over the case, like EB does with gutted games. The problem is they refuse to let me look at the condition of the disc or if it has the manual or not. I didn't care so much when everything was 80% - 90% off when they were closing but that was their policy when they were under normal operations

Semi-OT, but thanks for the info that Movie Gallery took in trades. I never knew that and there's a crazy-busy Movie Gallery less than ten minutes from my house.

They are all (Hollywood, Game Crazy, Movie Gallery) supposed to have the same prices. Some of the stores don't get around to all of their stickers when we get the new pricing, but they should all be the same in the computer.

bread's done
Back