Are new 360s quieter and cooler?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I just got a new arcade unit for Christmas (console #2 after console #1 red ringed for the 4th time) and it sure seems like it isn't making as much noise and it doesn't get quite as hot in my entertainment center - is this for real or just my imagination?

I got my third one after selling off my second console after it got back from repairs..it was a 60gb and it manufactured 10/08 and it runs a hell of a lot quieter and doesn't get much hotter than my ps3

I was under the impression that the Jasper chipset was the one to get solely because it runs cooler than the previous ones (thus creating substantially less heat leading to less red rings)

[quote name='slickkill77']Hdd installs and you don't have to worry about it[/QUOTE]

I do that with all of my games, just to be safe. If they are just a single player game then I just delete them off after I beat them, to get some more space back.(120 HDD)

My 4th 360 since 2006 i got about 6 months ago is much quieter because i was lucky enough to get a 360 with the quietest of the few DVD-Roms the 360 is built with.

I also definitely find my bedroom A LOT cooler now from the decreased heat output of the 360 compared to the first few 360's i had (which of course red-ringed).

After running a 120 gig MW2 bundle against my Launch console I have noticed the sound and heat reduction in the new consoles is ridiculous. The new ones are still loudish, but nowhere near as loud as the old ones.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']After running a 120 gig MW2 bundle against my Launch console I have noticed the sound and heat reduction in the new consoles is ridiculous. The new ones are still loudish, but nowhere near as loud as the old ones.[/QUOTE]

Dont you mean 250 gig MW2 bundle?

Anyway id like to think they are quieter, but its all in the game installs.

I just picked up an Elite and yeah, the DVD drive is still pretty loud. I'm waiting for my $13.74 migration transfer cable in the mail, so I haven't checked the noise level with games installed on the HD. However, the exhaust fans aren't noticeable, and the heat is much less than my non-HDMI unit.

My Elite of 2 years about got the RROD and i got a refurb one with the newer disc drive and its much quieter. Almost as if theres no disc in there. So yea it depends on the disc drive you have.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']So yes, it looks like at some point they did start using quieter DVD drives on the 360.[/QUOTE]

LOL, a game console with a DVD drive. How quaint.

We should send all old 360s to Canada. They need the heat eh. But yes the models after 2009 are a bit cooler and do make less noise.

bread's done
Back