Are Pheonix Wright and Trauma Center worth getting?

Sir_Fragalot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Well I only want them for collection purposes right now (because everybody says they are so rare), so my question is that if I see them as gamestop or whatever used, should I pick them up for my DS collection and would they be good additions to my collection (I will like both games becuse I will play anything, but are they good enough for my collection)??? Oh and is there any differences between the original game and the reprint (like on the box does it look different or is there no difference)???

Thanks

You should definately nab it if you see it new/used. GS/EB sells it 25 used if you can find it. and it's 30 new. Awhile back PW was selling for $60+ on ebay. It's gone down in value now since the reprints, but not by alot. Trauma Center will become rare if Atlus doesn't do anymore reprints after this last one. And TC is known for it's horrendous difficulty in the game. You might enjoy it as well.

I have PW(x2) from the Capcom website. and I'm waiting for TC from overstock. And there are no differences in the reprints, it all looks the same. I think you should at least get one of each for yourself just to play them. They are awesome games.

Both games are getting reprints (or rather have been reprinted). While they are still rare compared to most DS games, they aren't so much now. I'm pretty sure there is no differences in the reprint versus original run.

I will like both games becuse I will play anything, but are they good enough for my collection

If you know you will like both games, I don't see what the issue is.

I like both games, but they have really no or very little replay value.

I'm enjoying Phoenix Wright quite a bit. I'm still waiting for my copy of Trauma Center to arrive, so the verdict is still out on that one. I'd say if you find either new, or used, buy them and play them.

Both games are excellent.

Pheonix Wright is a remarkably well-written text adventure that just fun to play. It's a cult-classic that lots of DS users like.

Trauma Center is a game that really takes advantage of the DS's touch screen, as you play the game entirely with the stylus. While it's best described as rape-you-in-the-butt hard, it's a very unique game that rewards patience and trial-and-error. Also a lot of fun.

[quote name='Weedy649']Ive beaten both and id say they are must play for any DS owner[/quote]

Wow, you've beat Trauma Center... God damn that game makes my hands shake it's so hard.

Yes, get these games at all costs. This is what makes the DS the handheld to get. Most games made for handhelds are like stripped down versions of console games. The design of both these games work both as good sit-down games and on the road games. You will not be disappointed. :D

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Wow, you've beat Trauma Center... God damn that game makes my hands shake it's so hard.[/QUOTE]

I've beaten it as well after about 8 or so hours. Not too hard at all if you remember procedures and have some perseverance.

This and Viewtiful Joe have really overrate difficulty.

Trauma Center is the best only possible on DS game I have. The stylus use is done perfectly, you won't be disappointed. offers a lot of challenge too.

I picked up both those games at pretty much full price ($30 new for PW during the repring, $30 used for TC from GS last March), and it was worth every penny. Both these games are remarkable for many reasons, but the biggest reason is they're both just plain fun!

Phoenix Wright is one of the few games that's so funny it makes me laugh out loud. Combine that with a brilliant plot and court scenes that are simply thrilling, and you have an amazing game.
Trauma Center is nuts. It's brutally hard at times, but it doesn't matter because it's executed so well, and the concept is so simply fun, that it more than makes up for it.

Both games have a reprint coming up in August. Both games have sequals coming up (TC: Second Opinion in Q4 2006, PW: Justice for All in Q1 2007). And both are well worth it.
Buy them, not to collect, but to play. You wont regret it.

[quote name='Riyonuk']So there is not diffrence in reprint? And that means the orginal and reprint are worth the same exact thing?[/quote]

You are correct.

They are both worth their selling price. About $30. They've made enough of both of these that neither is worth any more than that (and they never will be).

Decent games and worth buying if you can get your hands on them.

-HM

I've taken plenty of Economics courses. They're still printing these games. Hell, you can still find Trauma Center in stores. Sure there may be fluctuations in demand, but we're not talking about a copy of Doom on original floppy disks here.

Just because someone can sell it at a higher price, and there are some willing to buy it at a higher price, doesn't mean that it's actually worth that higher price. I still contend these games are worth $30, and one will have no problem paying that price if one just keeps a keen eye on things.

-HM

I'm nearly done with the 3rd case in PW, and I must say that it is a tad overrated. I've found that often the most difficult part is trying to figure out the order in which the developers want you to ask the questions/present the evidence.

On more than a few occaisons, I've known what direction I need to go and what challenges to make, but there's not the opportunity to do it at the time. Also, very obvious questions that the player should be able to ask are unavailable.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game, but it's not over the moon fantastic, imo. I hope some of the mechanics are improved for the sequel (which I will buy) and that the courtroom setting is more flexible and a tad bit more realistic.

Goods and services are "worth" what people are willing to pay. Worth and value are highly objective and if there's demand for a product at a certain price, it could easily be said to be worth that price to those who are willing to pay. However, the point is to price an item at a point where you would make the most profit. Those who believe the item is worth more than it is being priced at are going to jump at the chance to buy it. Those who believe the item is worth less than the price, still won't buy. But as long as the maximum profit is being extracted, it doesn't really matter what the price is. An item isn't necessarily worth what the MSRP is, but I guess to you HollowMan these games are exactly worth MSRP, which is very nice and convenient for you. Or perhaps you are talking about intrinsic value, in which case, the games are definitely not worth $30. Probably more like $5, depending on how much it costs to produce each item.

[quote name='Hollow Man']I've taken plenty of Economics courses. They're still printing these games. Hell, you can still find Trauma Center in stores. Sure there may be fluctuations in demand, but we're not talking about a copy of Doom on original floppy disks here.

Just because someone can sell it at a higher price, and there are some willing to buy it at a higher price, doesn't mean that it's actually worth that higher price. I still contend these games are worth $30, and one will have no problem paying that price if one just keeps a keen eye on things.

-HM[/quote]

Yeah, I saw a used Phoenix Wright for a good price, so I decided to buy it and sell it on ebay since I heard it was so rare.

Then I made my first mistake - Playing it.

3 days later, I'm on the fourth case, worrying how the game is about to end so soon.

Now I'm even hesitate of selling it on ebay - sob sob sob.

[quote name='Kyo']Yeah, I saw a used Phoenix Wright for a good price, so I decided to buy it and sell it on ebay since I heard it was so rare.

Then I made my first mistake - Playing it.

3 days later, I'm on the fourth case, worrying how the game is about to end so soon.

Now I'm even hesitate of selling it on ebay - sob sob sob.[/quote]

Really? It was a much longer game than I expected.

(Case 5 is as long as the first 4 combined)

Yeah, don't worry about it ending soon. Case 4 is long, and yeah, case 5 feels like it's as long as the first 4 combined (although I suspect it really isn't).

-HM

Probably because I played the first 3 cases non stop.

Woot, thats cool if case 5 seems to be that long.

Hours seem to go quick while playing PW.

[quote name='Hollow Man']I've taken plenty of Economics courses. They're still printing these games. Hell, you can still find Trauma Center in stores. Sure there may be fluctuations in demand, but we're not talking about a copy of Doom on original floppy disks here.

-HM[/quote]

it really depends how you define the statement "worth". If we are talking in subjective terms, theres no point in argueing how you feel about the game, and what it is worth to you.

Objectively speaking, it really depends what someone will pay for it. You could say that the xbox 360 wasn't "worth" the 399.99 they were asking for it during launch day, but to people that spent 3 times that amount, I'm sure they would disagree

Playing through trauma center and its addictive but can be fustrating. Been wanting phoenix so I finally decided it would for sure be mine heres my story:

I had phoenix wright in my gamefly que for 3 months. So I finally decided to buy the play-asia best price one. Guess what the; the day I ordered and shipped my play-asia order shipped, my gamefly also was sent, lol. So now I have the gamefly one and waiting on the play-asia copy.

bread's done
Back