Are the Fox deals over for now?

Hodaka

CAGiversary!
I've not seen a Fox Season 1 deal anywhere for a while. Have they ended for a while or what? I missed the last one at Overstock for In Living Color Season 1 by about 1 day I think..

I still haven't found a good deal on Alias seasons 1 & 2.. Any good pre-Christmas sales are over and there just aren't that many decent deals on anything going on..

I've been looking for seasons 1 and 2 (and 3) of Alias too. The cheapest one I found was buy.com and DeepDiscountDVD. It's about $45 (season 2 is higher, but season 3 is lower for buy.com) with free shipping for both.

I'm waiting for crazy deals on S2 and S3 of some of these shows... I'll probably be waiting for a while...

really is no purpose from a marketing standpoint to put mega-sales on season 2 or 3 of a season. I think the point of selling season 1s so cheap was to get you into a show so that you will watch/buy later seasons.

Worked for me w/ 24. I had see only season 2 and 3, bought season 1 for $15 and went ahead and bought 2 and 3

[quote name='sman113']really is no purpose from a marketing standpoint to put mega-sales on season 2 or 3 of a season. I think the point of selling season 1s so cheap was to get you into a show so that you will watch/buy later seasons.

Worked for me w/ 24. I had see only season 2 and 3, bought season 1 for $15 and went ahead and bought 2 and 3[/quote]

Agreed. However, $40 to $60 for a set is still too expansive for me. If they just lower it to $30 or $25, I think a lot more people will be willing to take the plunge.

yeah, I'd pick alias 1&2 up for 30ish.. price doesn't seem to deviate much though..

as for Fox sales, I'm hoping there will be another so I can pick up ILC season 1.. got season 2 for Christmas and then the sales dried up..

[quote name='sman113']really is no purpose from a marketing standpoint to put mega-sales on season 2 or 3 of a season. I think the point of selling season 1s so cheap was to get you into a show so that you will watch/buy later seasons.

Worked for me w/ 24. I had see only season 2 and 3, bought season 1 for $15 and went ahead and bought 2 and 3[/quote]

Same here except it worked for The Shield. I bought Season 2 today for $40 from BJ's Warehouse club. I was hoping to find it lower, but I rationlized it by saying it was $15 + $40 = $55/2 = $27.50 each which is still a good deal

I know... and I'm in the same boat - I just started watching S1 of 24 and I know I'm going to go out and buy S2 and S3... damn those marketing genius people and their big juicy brains being smart and crap...

[quote name='ArchangelOfWar']Buy.com has a Fox DVD sale going again, but don't expect any really good deals akin to $15 for Season 1 sets.[/quote]

aha, but I *do* expect a $15 deal, so I'm just going to keep holding out.. so call me a cheapass :) I'm sure they'll have the $15 season 1 deals again, it is just a matter of "when"..

[quote name='Kaijufan']I'm waiting for the next $15 Fox season 1 sale so I can pick up 24 Season 1.[/quote]
Be careful. You might be committing yourself to more money than you think. Everyone gets hooked.

Or you could just rent the rest of the seasons through netflix. Would save you quite a bit of money. As much as I loved watching Seasons 1 & 2, I can't picture myself watching them again anytime soon.

[quote name='Hodaka'][quote name='ArchangelOfWar']Buy.com has a Fox DVD sale going again, but don't expect any really good deals akin to $15 for Season 1 sets.[/quote]

aha, but I *do* expect a $15 deal, so I'm just going to keep holding out.. so call me a cheapass :) I'm sure they'll have the $15 season 1 deals again, it is just a matter of "when"..[/quote]

Probably Christmas.

bread's done
Back