Are the madcatz fightsticks really that awful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had to choose between the SE without upgrades or the fightpad, then go for the fightpad.

I highly suggest just buying the SE and purchasing new parts from lizardlick, though.

The fight pad is ok, but sticks are much more versatile. I have the fight stick in question, and it's ok for the most part, but I've used the TE sticks and they are far superior. You get what you pay for.

don't be too apprehensive to replace the parts.

the SE madcatz stick is easy to modify, it should have quick disconnects so literally we are talking about a minute or two to open it remove the buttons and put in the new buttons.

i've only popped in a few buttons into mine (which has helped A LOT) so i cant tell you about the joystick, but from the looks of it doesn't look hard, think its just held in with a few screws and has like 4 easy solder points.

i'm sure there is a youtube video to tell you how or read the http://www.shoryuken.com forum on modification to guide you. i would recommend swapping out the stick eventually not just the buttons. i have a hori ex pro and now the mvc2 TE stick and the sanawa joystick is excellent.

after all is said in done still going to cost a bit to modify it (25 bucks for the stick, about 2.50 a button, 6 dollars shipping) but you can spend that money at your own pace, and get the colors/design you want. on the shoryuken forums over there they can tell you how to use a PSD and a kinkos to put a nice design on the SE stick. worth all the investment if you love fighters.

Thanks guys, i think i'll use my gamestop credit for the se fightstick and buy the parts and replace them myself.Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back