Are the magnets in older home theater systems safe to put next to a ps3 or 360?

randomevent

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
I got an older 5.1 setup (Technics) with a really great Pioneer receiver. The system has 3 bookshelf speakers, and 2 really tall speaker/subwoofer combo. I placed the huge speakers next to my TV stand, and this places them right next to my PS3 and 360. I'm wondering if the magnet in these speakers will cause damage to my hard drives in the systems. Can anyone help me out and let me know if I should move the speakers?

About 3 - 4 inches, give or take. My systems are on each end of my home theater stand, and the speakers on each end of the home theater stand.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Why not just move the speakers like 6-12" outward? I think you'll be alright as is, but it couldn't hurt.[/QUOTE]

I would, but I have no room. I moved the PS3 and 360 in the middle of the entertainment center, so now the distance is about 8 inches. The distance between the systems is now like 4 inches, which should be OK.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Shut the fuck up, Malik.[/QUOTE]

Wow....

All I wanted to know was what would make you look at your console and a speaker next to it and actually wonder if the speaker would mess up the console?

So, you shut the fuck up, Shitquid

[quote name='Malik112099']Who sits around and thinks about this stuff?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was common knowledge that magnets can ruin hard drives. With my speakers being so huge, the magnets in them must be pretty big also. It didn't take too much thought to come to a conclusion that my setup might screw up the hard drives in my system.

Anyway, it seems to be working out OK. Thanks for all of the help.

bread's done
Back