Are these decent headphones for my wife to workout with?

skull candy is crap. I see these all the time in FYE and Dick's sporting goods for 9.99- and target to. Bought a pair and hated them. also tried a set of titanuims and low riders, both crap. for cheap i would recomend a pair of Koss walmart sells for 24.99- very clear on mids and highs, not so hot on bass but they wernt designed for that. love the ones i bought. they claim to hit 7 out of 9 octaves.

Eh, for ten bucks, they aren't so bad. I had a pair and didn't think they sounded horrible for the price, unless she's some kind of hifi head or something.

Like others have noted, skull candies are crap. Highly unreliable and will break/lose sound in a matter of months, probably much less if they're under more stress like working out.

I highly recommend this pair from Creative:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1B9D98ATHS4E02CNM3CT

Excellent sound, great price, decent bass, and great noise-cancelling. Very durable/reliable too...I've had my pair for two years, and use them at the gym.

Good headphones are an investment. I started using some cheap replacements from Wal Mart and one of the buds would always go out.

I don't know how Koss KSC75 headphones are for working out, but they are just the greatest value in headfi ever. The audio quality these clip on headphones produce is something to behold. Don't let the look fool you, these things are incredible with tight bass, airy clear sound, great mids and highs, not sibilant at all to my ears and i'm very sensitive to sibilance.

Another suggestion is to check out the MEelectronics line up on amazon. The M6, or M9 IEMs are also great deals, with the M6s being more durable for workout sessions. I had a pair of M6s and while i enjoyed the sound, me being sensitive to sibilance i couldn't enjoy the treble on my pair, but my friend whom i sold them too loved the tight bass and clear sound. I hate being sensitive to sibilance :(

For those that don't know sibilance is the harshness in the treble which means words which end with the letter s, cymbals etc sound harsh. Everyone has different tolerance levels to it. What may sound sibilant to me probably won't sound sibilant to you etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back