Are these games worth buying to resell?

Cracka

CAG Newbie
I saw these games at a local game store an was wondering if any of them are worth enough to bother buying to resell. Almost all of them were on sale for between 2 and 4 dollars
NES:
gyromite
Kiwi kraze (in box)
Tetris (in box)

Sega Saturn (all in box):
Panzer Dragoon
Galactic Attack
Space Hulk

Intellivision:
Baseball (in box)
Astrosmash (in box)

***also there were around 10 turbo grafx 16 games in their cases for sale for a few dollars each

Last edited by a moderator:
Panzer Dragoon and maybe Tetris but that's all that really sticks out in my mind. PD is a steal at that price!

I think there is a Tetris that is valuable, maybe one by Tengen (SP?), but not sure. Panzer Dragoon...which one? Panzer Dragoon Saga is definately worth picking up.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Panzer Dragoon is not rare, nor worth very much to resell. If it was PD Saga maybe.[/quote]

estarland.com has it for $25 and a mint copy just went for the same price on ebay. I'd say it has a pretty significant resale value for a US Saturn game.

Even if it's not mint and complete, 2 bucks is a deal for PD.

[quote name='depascal22']estarland.com has it for $25 and a mint copy just went for the same price on ebay. I'd say it has a pretty significant resale value for a US Saturn game.

Even if it's not mint and complete, 2 bucks is a deal for PD.[/quote]

And eBay has multiple copies for under $9.99 with absolutely no bidders. Just because some retail website sets a price for it doesn't mean there is a demand.

[quote name='mtxbass1']And eBay has multiple copies for under $9.99 with absolutely no bidders. Just because some retail website sets a price for it doesn't mean there is a demand.[/quote]

This is true. Always check completed listings on ebay.

Completed listings for Panzer Dragoon for the Saturn:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Panzer-Dragoon-...yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That one went for $25 BIN w/ free shipping on May 2nd.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PANZER-DRAGOON-...yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That one went for $20.50 + $5.70 for shipping on April 30.

But I guess those aren't complete listings within the last week. During the same period, there were two auctions that didn't sell at ~$20 shipped but I still don't think you can say this game no value. Then again, you'll probably pull some BS out of nowhere to convince the OP that Panzer Dragoon has no value and no potential for profit on resale.

[quote name='depascal22']Completed listings for Panzer Dragoon for the Saturn:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Panzer-Dragoon-...yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That one went for $25 BIN w/ free shipping on May 2nd.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PANZER-DRAGOON-...yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That one went for $20.50 + $5.70 for shipping on April 30.

But I guess those aren't complete listings within the last week. During the same period, there were two auctions that didn't sell at ~$20 shipped but I still don't think you can say this game no value. Then again, you'll probably pull some BS out of nowhere to convince the OP that Panzer Dragoon has no value and no potential for profit on resale.[/quote]

You cannot determine the price or demand from two completed listings. I'm on there right now and there are several for sale for as low as $14 BIN or a few bucks that have ZERO bids. Even if the OP bought the game for $2 and sold it on there for $16, he's looking at a profit of about $10-12 after fees, if that. It's not worth it to resell in my book. There is very little, if ANY demand for this game. It's not rare and never has been. There is absolutely zero guarantee that he'd be able to sell it for $20 at all. There are multiple auctions that have no bidders. The game is common. Buy it to play it.

I'd have to agree. If you're making a living by flipping games, then yes by all means you should get it. But if you're a casual "spare income" seller like me and it's not really worth the time to flip a game that won't net you more than $20 profit then I would pass. At $2 it's really not a bad price though if you like to collect, of course it's not hard to find a copy of PD Orta either for $3 or so more which has the original PD as an unlockable(and in my opinion controls better with a more modern controller). Space Hulk is fun too... hell I'd almost ask you to get that for ME but I sold my Saturn two weeks ago.

I found a small game/comic shop while traveling through VA that had bought my unwanted Genesis games and PS1 games that I had extra of without cases and got a pretty good deal. I had an extra copy of FF7 without the case and it was the greatest hits version and they still bought it from me for $16, which wasn't half bad considering it's condition. Their site is g2kgames.net

If anyone knows of any other places to unload unwanted classics other than ebay then let me know. Also if anyone knows places to buy classic stuff cheap let me know!

I recently sold a like-new copy of PDII:Z on ebay for $30... so, depending on the condition and how much it costs you, it could be a decent flip.

[quote name='zenintrude']I recently sold a like-new copy of PDII:Z on ebay for $30... so, depending on the condition and how much it costs you, it could be a decent flip.[/quote]

No. mtxbass has declared that this game is not rare and it has little to no resale value. Your factual story has little to no bearing on the made up price in his head and your story will now be ripped to shreds by someone asking for proof.

[quote name='bsesb2003']I think there is a Tetris that is valuable, maybe one by Tengen (SP?), but not sure. Panzer Dragoon...which one? Panzer Dragoon Saga is definately worth picking up.[/QUOTE]

yea its the tengen one. and dont know if still true but it was against the law to even sell the game (since it was recalled)

local game place here once had one about 10 years ago and paid like 200 bucks for it. They said they would of gave 600 for it.... LOL

bread's done
Back