Are these PS1 games legit?

chosen1s

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I have an opportunity to buy several PS1 games for a pretty good price. The only problem is that according to the seller, the games "don't play in his PS2". I asked for more details and specifically asked if the games had been burned. The guy writes back and says:

"i have no idea, i don't know much about these things. i just know they won't work in my ps2 or the other PS1 (His other PS1 is on its last leg). they all have labels but look faded or light."

I would think if someone were going to burn PS1 games they would just label the discs with marker. This guy obviously got these at a garage sale or something, as he knows very little about the history of the games. Anybody out there have experience with burned games? Do people put actual labels on them? There are some pretty sweet games included - Suikoden, etc.

He might have that problem with his ps2 when it can't read ps1 or blue disc ps2 games ask him to try one of his blue disc games

I just had a stroke of genius. Would asking whether the discs are black on the bottom pretty much put this to rest? I don't know that I have ever seen blank discs with black on the writing-side of the disc...

Actually they did used to make black bottomed CDRs. I'm not sure if they still do but they did at one point.

Memorex makes black CD-Rs.. and you can't tell if they've been burned yet or not. Of course, you can ask and if he says they're not black (or blue) then obviously they're burned discs.

Ask him this:
1. Do the labels feel like legit labels or are they paper labels (if he can't tell the difference, then you should be aware).
2. Is there a transparent, clear part around the center hole. If there is, then they're most likely burned. If not, then they're probably legit as most label making systems don't make labels that cover that area.

I sent him an email and am waiting to hear back. It took him almost a day to get back to me on my original question, so I'm guessing he doesn't check his email a lot...

i have "backups" that was done professionally and they look just like the real versions (feel and everything) except the backs were silver and not black.. they did backup to "black" discs for a while so it could be possible they are pirate copies

bread's done
Back