Are you addicted to the TRU sale!!?

William Smith

CAGiversary!
I think I am... I consider driving real far to all of them in SO CAL, before the levee breaks on Sunday. Something about new sealed $10 games really does it for me:) I've been to three and have told 3 people about it...

So far:

PoP Xbox LOVE@!

RSIII GC LOVE@!

XIII XBOX 'eh'... not so much love... traded it in for $9

Deus Xbox Didn't like... traded it in for $9

Should I go back to TRU for Vince...? Used a free rental coupon on it, I still have it as a rental, BTW I HATED THE DEMO..... but the full game is really well done........!! I'm conflicted.

im totally addicted to this sale, i find myself going to TRU's every other day or 2 just to check out what they have. past couple trips have sucked though :cry:

[quote name='William Smith']Plus I don't know how the hell I'm going to pay $50 for a game ever again....[/quote]

I find myself having that same problem, and that's a huge problem, especially with Fable coming up.

This is a good sale for me (the CC sale was sorely disapointing), so yeah I'm having a good time while it lasts.

As for Voodoo Vince, I'm playing it now. I got it for $10 at BB awhile ago, and it's pretty alright for that price. It's more of a puzzle-solving game than a legit platformer, as the enemies almost seem incidental. Not the best game I've ever played, but not the worst.

On the demo.... and even most of what I played of Vince, I hated the humor. It reminded me of Gex, and GOD I HATED that type of stupid humor... but then I let go, let the vibe hit me, admired the view and yeah know.... I think I love Vince:))

About the sale.... yeah I've thought about going and looking around at all the stores, and every other day too, but gas here is still $2 a gallon.

I've been to 3 TRU stores a total of 11 times. I keep telling myself I have enough, but the stuff I left behind haunts me. The TRU stores in my area have been incredibly stocked with all of the good ones. I picked up 27 for my collection and about the same number for trade and gifts.

I'm going back tomorrow to get Dragon Warrior VII. Definitely the last time. Maybe I'll get Myst too. Really. The definite last time for sure. I mean it this time....

Maybe I'll check that list again.

i dont have a TRU anywhere near me

it would be nice if some kind soul would pick up a few cheapies up for me since i would pay trade for the value/shipping/a little extra for your hassle

This sale was ok, I picked apart Best Buy and CC during their $5 sales and this one is weaksauce in comparison. I heard a rumor TRU will drop prices even further next month. If that turns out to be true that's when the fun really starts!

Yeah, i'm kinda addicted. I've only made 2 runs, but i keep wanting to go to other stores. Then I tell myself, "dude, you have enough games and not enough time to play any of them." Let it go, brother, let it go.

I'm not addicted, just kind of fascinated with the sale. Since I missed out on both the BB and CC sale, this is my hit for the year.

Compared to the CC and BB sales (where I picked up probably a total at least 40 games), the TRU is a distant third place, not that it was a total washout, since I did pick up 7 DC games and a gameshark lite for about 18 bucks... :)

Not really, I was more addicted to checking Best Buy and Circuit City during their sales. I have only been to 3 TRU stores and bought 5 games and I am done.

I've only been to 2 TRUs so far, picked up 4 games. I'd go to more stores, but I don't know where they are.

Also, I JUST picked up PoP, SH3, and Deus Ex the week before it all started, so I missed out on those.

bread's done
Back