Are you scared of Roller Coasters?

Cedar Point is excellent. My favorite coaster there is probably Millennium Force. I haven't had the chance to ride Top Thrill Dragster yet though, because it's broken whenever I go...lol

Before I had burned myself out at Great America, I was absolutely terrified of them. I took a trip there when I was 11 or 12 and rode every coaster they had to offer several times. That day was pivotal, as I now absolutely love them. I'm kind of scared of heights, but riding the hell out of roller coasters helped me get over that.

[quote name='mykevermin']But the Son of Beast is a shitshow of a coaster. It's genuinely fucking painful the way it thrashes your body around - I rode it several times over a few trips in years past just to see if it was the coaster that sucked or if I was just being a baby. I'm convinced the former is the case.

But the original Beast is one of my favorite coasters of all time. I'm still sour the sons of bitches that run Kings Island no longer run a backwards Racer, though. That's blasphemy right there.[/QUOTE]

Is the son of beast aka the beastie or is that another coaster??. I can't believe they don't run a backwards Racer anymore that is horrible. Another sad thing is the Demon Drop is being sold from Cedar Point. It's been there forever it's like a landmark! :(. I have not been to Kings Island in a long time do they still have the King Cobra and the Vortex? :lol:

[quote name='Access_Denied']Reading this thread makes me realize how lucky I am to have a Six Flags just down the road. I never really stopped to think that most people don't live anywhere near a theme park and never really get the chance to enjoy roller coasters. I've been riding them since I was tall enough and I love 'em. :)

And for all those people who are scared, take it slowly. Ride a few small ones first. The scariest part is the way up, because it takes so long and you have time to look down. :O But after that, everything's going so fast that you forget you're scared. :)[/QUOTE]

why I'm always grateful of the Whizzer. Perfect starting point with The Demon right next to it. Still wish they had the pocket change eater Space Shuttle

[quote name='fart_bubble']why I'm always grateful of the Whizzer. Perfect starting point with The Demon right next to it. Still wish they had the pocket change eater Space Shuttle[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those were the rides that I rode when I was little. Then one day, I went with a bunch of my cousins and they wanted to go on the 'big rides'. Being too scared to admit that I was scared, I went on Batman and Raging Bull. Amazing. I LOVED them after that. I'm afraid of heights, but that 210ft drop on Raging Bull is still awesome every time I ride it.

I've been riding them since I was tall enough.

Actually though, I've been pretty burnt out on them the last couple times I went to an amusement park. They just don't seem as fun anymore.

Then again, I went skydiving last summer, and had a blast. Maybe I need to "move up" to more of that? (Gonna try bungee jumping someday.)

EDIT: Forgot to mention it, but I still love going on wooden coasters. They still carry the "oh shit" factor, since most of them feel like they can fall apart at any minute.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Yeah, those were the rides that I rode when I was little. Then one day, I went with a bunch of my cousins and they wanted to go on the 'big rides'. Being too scared to admit that I was scared, I went on Batman and Raging Bull. Amazing. I LOVED them after that. I'm afraid of heights, but that 210ft drop on Raging Bull is still awesome every time I ride it.[/QUOTE]

the Power Dive (finally remembered the name) were the first "grownup" rides we went on. And then Iron Wolf when that opened (still have to remember to squat a bit till it locks me in as it tends to pick me up by the balls) was the first real roller coaster that I really liked. Batman is still cool but it;s so frigging short.

Also wish those girls didn't get hurt on the Cajun Cliffhanger, such a simple but ride. Always made sure I went on it any time we went.

Really need to go back, haven't been there since 04. Been wanting to check out Hurricane Harbor

I love roller coasters. They aren't really scary at all anymore, though. When I was little they kind of terrified me. I think part of it was you felt more like you were going to fly out of your seat.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Is the son of beast aka the beastie or is that another coaster??. I can't believe they don't run a backwards Racer anymore that is horrible. Another sad thing is the Demon Drop is being sold from Cedar Point. It's been there forever it's like a landmark! :(. I have not been to Kings Island in a long time do they still have the King Cobra and the Vortex? :lol:[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GPmIW629e4

Keep in mind (1) the loop is gone and (2) there are a number of civil suits against the park pending injuries claimed to have been caused by the roller coaster.

King Cobra is no more. Let us not speak of it again, as I thought that coaster was fuckin' great.

bread's done
Back