Are you simply bad at a certain genre of games?

PapiChullo

CAGiversary!
Topic.

I ask because I went back and played some old fighting games on Dreamcast and it made me realize just how bad at them I am. I've been ok at a couple, but for the most part, I've never been great.

What what genre, if any, can't you play very well?

I'm really not that great any any genre of games, but you can add me to the list of "bad at fighting games". I'm not a combo kinda guy. Pushing A-A-Down-X/Y combo while putting my thumb up my ass for the special secret attack is not my cup of tea.

Puzzle heavy games I guess. I never did beat a Tomb Raider game even though I used cheat codes (excluding level skip) and was a slave to the strategy guides. I'm also currently completly lost in Metroid Prime 2, despite have a strategy guide.

No genre necessarily, but I am fininding that I really suck at the Castlevania games. I started playing Symphony of the Night and Circle of the Moon recently and I am really bad. I don't know what my problem is. I just hope I don't get too frustrated and stick with it because these games are supposed to be really good.

i suck at fighting games. i have mortal kombat deception and mw wife kicks my a** every time. i can not do combos for some reason.

Fighting games. It takes practice to string those long combos. The only one I was ever good at was Tekken 3 and I'm pretty good at DOA but that's cause it's easy.

Wow - fighting games seem to be far and away the winner...Guess that isn't a huge surprise as they take a lot of timing/precision/memorization/practice/repitition

I suck at stealth games like MGS and Splinter Cell. I guess I just don't have the patience to sneak around. Instead, I just try to blow their brains out. I may give them another shot though.

I suck at sports, racing, tactics, stealth and sim games.

I am teh gud at rpg, adventure, action, fighting, puzzle, card, fps, platformer and arcade games.

I REALLY suck at any of the next-gen football games where you have to actually know something about football to be any good.

I concur with those who suck at fighting games that have combos. The combos! They ruined my enjoyment of the genre!

Finall, I suck at FPS games more than anyone has ever sucked at anything. Take all the sucking since time began, add it up and multiply by 5 and that's how much I suck at FPS games. If you haven't met me before, I'm the guy standing behind you in Halo 2 unloading his weapon from 4 feet away and somehow still missing.

The only games I am bad at would be the football games. (Madden, 2K series) and it's only because they don't appeal to me. I was and am good at football like Blitz though...

Hmm...I'm terrible and most realistic sports games, almost all FPSs, and a lot of action games, too. I thought I was "good at" RPGs, but Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne is proving me extremely wrong. So I guess I suck at all games, except Tony Hawk, Hot Shots Golf, and Tetris.

Sports games not including wrestling or Tecmo Super Bowl . I tried to play a recent Madden against a friend, felt totally lost and got my ass handed to me.

I would say fighting games, but when I apply myself, I can get pretty good with at least 2 or 3 characters. I did take the time to unlock everything in Soul Calibur 2 and beat all the challenges in SSBM too.

Fighting games suck at me. They should learn to be better.

Really, I'm terrible at the fighters that require memorization and repetition - re: work. I like the Soul Caliburs, just because they can be enjoyed without being good, and I like the SSBs and the AKI wrestlers.

I'm also horrible at Football sims. I got ESPN 2k5, but I barely understood the tutorial. As successful as Football Sims are, I think they'd do better if they made a real effort to be accessible to more people. I'm talking a lot of resources spent on interactive tutorials and the like.

On the whole, I'm not really good at any genre save RPGs, but I especially stink with FPSs (the Halo kind, not the House of the Dead kind... is that called something different?)

I guess sports titles too, but since I don't play them, ever, I can't say for sure.

Fighting games. I get my arse beat by anyone. I think I was only actually "good" at one fighting game ever, but I still wasn't great at it.

Although I love them, I'm not so good at sports or fighters. I'm not good at RPGs either but I don't really care for them...

I absolutely blow in fighting games. I used to play a lot of 2d fighting games back in the day, and DoA 3 was easy for me. Mortal Kombat for me was like extreme pwnage. Now, I struggle in DoA: Ultimate and suck in Soul Calibur II. I was playing SCII with a friend, and it came down to a point where my friend had 74 wins, and I only had 8 that I gave up. He had winning streaks, and I kept getting beat up. In DoA or MK, the characters always block me, and right away attack me. I just suck at timing.

I fail at basketball, baseball, and football games, but that's because I'm not interested in them, and don't really play them.

I love golf and tennis games, though. So, it's not all sports games.

I'm pretty good at almost every genre except sports games and console FPSs. I can beat computers, but if I go up against real people I get my ass kicked hard. I'm really good at RTS, RPG and PC FPS games tho. I'm decent in fightings games.

I'll add my name to the "suck at fighting games" list. I occasionally get this crazy idea that I'll buy a cheap fighting game and actually put in the time to memorize the combos, and I get off to a strong start. But then boredom sets in and I quit after a week. This cycle repeats about once a year.

I also never bothered to play baseball or football games so I'm sure I would suck at them. Though I can actually hold my own in hockey or basketball.

Oh and shumps... I actually can't tell anymore if I suck at them or if they've just become really, really fucking hard. Again though I really like playing shumps occasionally I just can't bring myself to dedicate days on end to memorising all the patters to actually beat the game before I get bored and move on.

With strategy games I never really got into them outside of warcraft, which is very difficult to judge my relative skill because my roommate in college was a fucking god at all strategy games. In the dorm we would play two on one games against him and he would still win. So I think I might be just average there.

I would say FPS's because I hate them. Well I can play them for a little bit....then I always seem to get to a part where I walk into a room and I get bombarded from behind and it pisses me off that it takes 3 weeks to turn around and see what the heck is shooting me. Then rather than run for cover I shoot back and get blown up. It also pisses me off when I have to jump up platforms or some shit and it takes me a year and a half because I can't actually see the character jumping onto the platform....or even worse I get up it really quick and then fall off because you can't really see the edge. Long live 3rd person gaming.

I'm suprised so many people are bad at fighting games. I wouldn't say I am tournament good or anything, but I am pretty good. I am not great at combos, but my timing is usually pretty good as far as ducking and blocking goes. I must just be good at anticipating.

I suck at hockey and soccer games. I used to be decent at PC FPS but now I get PWNed horribly, especially in UT 2K4. I tend to stick to console FPS nowadays.

I'll put a vote in for stealth action games (MGS, Splinter Cell). I usually don't have the patience. I really like the Splinter Cell games but man, I'm worthless without a walkthrough or guide!

[quote name='onetrackmind']Im awful at Halo, seriously.[/QUOTE]

aww come on your not that bad! youve owned me a couple times:D

I suck at turn based rpg's for the most part like final fantasy. i like to try them but im not so good. The only rpg i really like is star wars KOTOR

I'm not all that good at FPS games since I hardly ever play them. I get killed too easily since I'm slow to react and am usually killed before I can see what was shooting at me. I'm working on it, though, with purchases of Call of Duty, Deus Ex IW, Medal of Honor Frontline, and Timesplitters 2.

Oh yeah, I'm not that good at RTS's either, but that's more that I'm a noob and I'm still getting into the genre.

I suck at most sports games other than wrestling, basketball, soccer, and tennis. Football is my worst type of sports game.

i'm horrible at fighting games that require complex button combos to pull shit off, but ssbm is more about timing and strategy than memorisation so i'm okay at that, but i'd say that im the biggest fucktard at marvel vs. capcom games i get my ass handed to me constantly but cant stop playing.....

not really bad at any of them, I would say I am avg to above avg at any genre. My problem is to many games, and lack of time that prevent me from being excellent at any genre..I do hate racing games, and I usually don't do well at them, if I get forced into playing a track

while im very good at RTS', and FPS', i suck at RPG's, Fighting Games, Driving Games, and Mobile FPS'

bread's done
Back