Arming Janitors, when Trained Professionals just won't do.

I have a question about gun ownership. Are there any criminal repercussions to losing a gun own legally owns? Does go all "whoopsy daisy, I lost my gun." And nobody really cares? Even if there are laws that make it a crime to lose a legally-owned firearm, are they even strictly enforced? I have to wonder since gun sales are going through the roof, and I doubt these buyers actually give a damn of meticulously keeping track of each and every one they own.

That's why I've been saying that Nancy Lanza shares some responsibility for Adam shooting those people, they were her guns and she obviously wasn't being responsible enough to keep them out of anyone else's hands.

Personal responsibility and all that.

In terms of gun resale, it varies state to state. Some states require an individual reseller to be a Federal Firearms Licensee. I believe this is the case in Connecticut.
But in other states (and it varies) an individual could buy a gun, and resell it to anyone else in state, provided you were reasonably certain they could legally own a gun- and even here, there is latitude and little legal responsibility on the part of the seller. There would be no need for a background check, or even a receipt of sale. Much of this resulted from FOPA's passage in 1986.
In more states, it's actually far more onerous to sell alcohol to a friend (of legal drinking age) without a license than it is to sell a working minigun manufactured pre-1986, a flamethrower, a homemade handgun or any current legally manufactured gun.

Everyone should be required by law to keep guns not in use locked up in a home with minors or mentally unstable people. And if you fail to do this, you get jail time. Can we not agree? How about something with substance O instead of your bullshit.

My question still is do people actually get in trouble with the law when they lose their guns in those states with lax laws when purchasing a gun? I'm not talking about reselling, I'm talking about good ole "d'oh! I lost my gun!" From what I read elsewhere with a simple search, that a number of people may not even admit they lost their gun to the police, for fear of dealing with them. If something bad does happen to their legally purchased firearm, I wonder if they can get away with feigning ignorance. If so, we've got a real big problem on our hands in this country.

[quote name='vherub']In terms of gun resale, it varies state to state. Some states require an individual reseller to be a Federal Firearms Licensee. I believe this is the case in Connecticut.
But in other states (and it varies) an individual could buy a gun, and resell it to anyone else in state, provided you were reasonably certain they could legally own a gun- and even here, there is latitude and little legal responsibility on the part of the seller. There would be no need for a background check, or even a receipt of sale. Much of this resulted from FOPA's passage in 1986.
In more states, it's actually far more onerous to sell alcohol to a friend (of legal drinking age) without a license than it is to sell a working minigun manufactured pre-1986, a flamethrower, a homemade handgun or any current legally manufactured gun.[/QUOTE]
Went to a flea market here over the weekend, saw a rifle for sale and a couple of shotguns at various booths. I could have bought a shotgun and a loaf of sourdough bread from the booth beside it.:lol:

bread's done
Back