Armored Core V $24, Dark Souls $22, Spec Ops $22, Ace Combat $22 + Shipping

barrit

CAGiversary!
These are Play-Asia Weekly Specials. All are North American versions, except for Spec Ops.

The deals appear at the top of the front page, http://www.play-asia.com/

North American Versions:
Dark Souls (360/PS3) - $21.90
Armored Core V (360/PS3)- $23.90
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (360/PS3) - $21.90

Asian Version:
Spec Ops: The Line (360/PS3) - $21.90

The cheapest shipping is $4.90 for me. I haven't been keeping an eye on the other games, but this is the cheapest I've seen Armored Core V.

Thanks OP, but I think I'll just wait for price drops from American based sellers. Never could stand the slow boat from China mail.

[quote name='BrentronD']Thanks OP, but I think I'll just wait for price drops from American based sellers. Never could stand the slow boat from China mail.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I hear ya. I hate it too, but I'm currently playing something at the moment, so it gives me time to beat the game. I went ahead and jumped on Armored Core V myself. Despite all the reviews, I've still really been wanting to play it.

ACV is dead.

Bought it and played with a friend and the game was active for a good 3-5 weeks then the online was dead for the most part. The only way to capture territory online near the last 2 weeks we played was to join some GameFAQs PSN chat room where you set up times and who you would be up against which to me ruined the online since I couldn't just get on with friends and go on a Domination match, I had to set up an appointment beforehand. Stupidest thing they did was have different servers for NA EU and JPN considering its such a niche title in the US and EU. Not to mention the fact the never patched the fact gatling guns were way over powered, even though JPN got the nerf. 7/10 matches were cookie-cutter builds of gats or snipers.

Story? 3 hours. Literally. Not joking. Absurdly short.

Don't buy it unless really really really like AC. Even then read the reviews, since old time fans of the series said it wasn't as good as AC4.

I didn't know they segregated the servers. That's just a death knell for a game like this. I guess I could import the Japanese version and let some Gundam pilot-wannabes stomp my nuts.

Did you ever try the operator thing? That sounds like the most interesting part of the game honestly.

armored core is a mech game with what I call "fairy shit".
mechs are flying around and things feel like they have little weight.
the best mech game this gen is chromehounds but that doesn't have online anymore =(

I'd think about ace combat but $22 is still to much for that disappointment.

I've never ordered from Play-asia before and I was wondering whether anyone has had any problems ordering from them aside from the long wait for standard shipping? I have to admit I'm a bit concerned about ordering from a place where delivery would take up to 21 days and have no tracking number unless paying extra for it.

[quote name='William_Birkin']I've never ordered from Play-asia before and I was wondering whether anyone has had any problems ordering from them aside from the long wait for standard shipping? I have to admit I'm a bit concerned about ordering from a place where delivery would take up to 21 days and have no tracking number unless paying extra for it.[/QUOTE]

Ordered 8 times all in good condition. Only thing is that it takes awhile but that is a given.

[quote name='William_Birkin']I've never ordered from Play-asia before and I was wondering whether anyone has had any problems ordering from them aside from the long wait for standard shipping? I have to admit I'm a bit concerned about ordering from a place where delivery would take up to 21 days and have no tracking number unless paying extra for it.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem either. My packages tend to get here fast than Zavvi too (UK store incase you aren't familiar).

That sucks about the AC5 community. The multiplayer component seemed really interesting.

[quote name='barrit']I've never had a problem either. My packages tend to get here fast than Zavvi too (UK store incase you aren't familiar).

That sucks about the AC5 community. The multiplayer component seemed really interesting.[/QUOTE]

Really faster than Zavvi?

Also I'm a big mecha fan but I can confirm too that online is basically dead. Hard for newbies to get into the mix.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Really faster than Zavvi?

Also I'm a big mecha fan but I can confirm too that online is basically dead. Hard for newbies to get into the mix.[/QUOTE]

Yea, for me at least. I always begin to think my order got lost in the mail when I order from Zavvi, and that's usually around the time it just happens to show up.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']what does it mean to be an asian version of a game?[/QUOTE]

It is the release of the game in Asia. It is cheaper than the Japanese version and a lot (but not all) tend to have English voices/text/menus. Play-Asia is usually good about indicating that in the product details.

Just remember that you won't be able to trade it in since it's from a different region. Also, if you want to buy DLC, you will have to purchase it from the Asian PSN, which means you will need to buy PSN cards for that region.. since they won't accept US credit cards.

As far as multiplayer goes, you may be locked into playing with other people in the Asian region, but that can vary from game to game. Fighting games tend to have world-wide communities, while other genres tend to be locked to that region.

bread's done
Back