Armorlite DS Case $4.99 @ CC.com or In-Store

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
262 (100%)
I once grabbed this for $10 but returned it since I already had a Hori pouch for my DS Lite. I really do want something even sleeker than my hori pouch though and this looks good. It's made out of polycarbonate like the Logitech PSP case. Anyway for $5 I say screw buyer's remorse. I grabbed one with in-store pickup. It is also free shipping if your order is over $25.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Armo...sem/rpsm/oid/161421/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

There is a thread about the case here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125790

People seem to dig it.

PIC:
B000MUYV4O.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V46922757_.jpg

Hmm. I JUST got a Pink DSlite yesterday. Do they scratch and smudge easily? This looks like it might be worth it.

Thanks OP, I've been looking for a good case without it being too big or too useless. If it behaves anything like the Playgear for my PSP it'll be a great buy.

In my experience the DSL is pretty hardy and does not need a hard case. I have a soft case for it that I keep it in with all my games and such. I've never had a problem carrying the DSL around in my pocket, as the screen is protected at all times, and a hard case is little protection from a drop or fall.

I DO have the Logitech PSP gase, however, since that system's screen is NOT protected at all, and it is more fragile than the DSL in most respects. I have a soft case for it as well, but I put the PSP in the hard case, and then the hard case in the soft one. It's the only way I feel it's protected.

The PSP simply isn't a truly portable machine, IMO, since all this means you can't put it in your pocket very easily.

I don't know what it is about these hard cases that irritate me so much. I have also found it annoying to have cases that can't hold any games or cords because then I end up lugging those around in separate cases. Still, for $5, if this can fit into a soft case, it may be worth the buy to protect the investment.

Eh, I bit. The DSL seems really sturdy, but for $8.90 (Shipping and tax SUCK) and the great reviews it seems like a good deal.

While I dont really think I need this but I got it anyway... you can never have too much protection I guess..

Thanks OP! Great deal matey!

This seems interesting to me. I may check it out seeing as my DS is case-less. And for 5 bucks, it may be a definate yes for me. Thanks OP!

i picked one up today it fits on the dslite pretty good but it makes it a lil bulky.... and my circuit city has a hole mess of em so i would gladly pick one up for my fellow CAG if anyone is interested just PM me

the Score S-7341 Nintendo DS Lite Dual Folio Case by Pelican Accessories is by far the best case i have used for my DS Lite.....it holds my DS Lite, extra stylus, earphones, charger, my 8 games and has room for more and is very compact in size.....i picked it up at circuit city a few months back for $9.99

32057253-2-300-overview-1.gif

The DSL may be sturdy, but dammit, this thing is best for added protection and keeping fingerprints off the darn thing. :p Worth every penny.

You know I saw these yesterday when I picked up Contact for it's clearance price and almost got one. It looked very similar to Mad Catz clear case here that I used to have but my girlfriend liked it and took it off my hands.

I think for $5 I'll pick it up. I'm anal about scratches and what have you on my DS.

I couldn't be happier with the one I bought(pictured below, althought mine is navy blue). Somewhere between a soft and a hard case. Just slightly bigger than the DS to allow for some games.

Only place I have seen it is ebay though. Prices are generally cheap, I paid $6 before shipping. If anyone is interested just search for "DS Lite airform case" and it should pull up a bunch.

[quote name='Corvin']I couldn't be happier with the one I bought(pictured below, althought mine is navy blue). Somewhere between a soft and a hard case. Just slightly bigger than the DS to allow for some games.

Only place I have seen it is ebay though. Prices are generally cheap, I paid $6 before shipping. If anyone is interested just search for "DS Lite airform case" and it should pull up a bunch.

[/quote]
I have the exact same one, only in pink, and I, too, couldn't be happier with the case.

Having had this case for some time, I'd like to speak on its behalf. It makes the Lite marginally thicker(maybe 2-3 mm in each dimension), which makes it more comfortable for adult-sized hands while still small enough to fit in any OTHER carrying case you want to stick it in.

Benefits: it protects the Lite from fingerprints, impacts, and those damn hairline scratches that seem to come from....anything under the sun, including other smooth plastic surfaces.

At $10, it was worth every penny, and at $5, I picked up a spare in the event I ever decided to replace my old scratched up shell.

Thanks, picked one up for around 10 bucks shipped. I'm too lazy to drive to CC and pick it up. Like 3.98 for shipping........I needed it so thanks for the post.

I think I may get this for the added bulk. I cramp up every time I play my DS Lite cause it feels so cramped in my hands.

I also hate taking it out of my playthrough case (I removed that cheap plastic part) just to use it.

bread's done
Back