Army of Two - $19.99 (Used) - GameFly

LegendK7ll3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I didn't see this posted anywhere (yes, I used the almighty search feature), but Army of Two now has a "Limited Time" price of $19.99 on GameFly.

:360:http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=126970
:ps3:http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=126965

For anyone who doesn't have this game, it's a very good deal, and well worth the $19.99 (most likely around $21.38 for most people with tax). I've personally played and beaten this game probably around 12 times or more with friends, and I really never get bored with it.

If your currently a subscriber to GameFly, you will also receive free shipping when ordering, making this deal even sweeter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempting...

For anyone who hasn't used GF before, I recommend them for used games. The cases are mint because they only ship the discs when they rent, and the discs have always been in respectable condition. If you have any problems, they are quick to fix them. I ordered Mass Effect from them and the case had a chip in it where the plastic had been broken. Being a collector I emailed to see what I could do about an exchange. Two days later, I opened up my mailbox and had a brand new case with manual + inserts and they didn't require me to send the damaged one back.

I'd stay away from Gamefly rentals, because I've ordered games from them and received nothing but games that look like they've been used as coasters on sandpaper.

People sometimes get great, near perfect games, while other times, they get the crap I've been stuck with.

It is a good price on AoT, though you might get a surprise if you order it.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd stay away from Gamefly rentals, because I've ordered games from them and received nothing but games that look like they've been used as coasters on sandpaper.

People sometimes get great, near perfect games, while other times, they get the crap I've been stuck with.

It is a good price on AoT, though you might get a surprise if you order it.[/QUOTE]

I've honestly never had a problem with their used games, so-far, pretty much every single game I've ordered from them, with the exception of Eternal Sonata (which was a rental, but I used "Keep It") which was scratched up abit, but still worked perfectly fine.

Unless I'm wrong, if the disc is too scratched, you can also send it back to them and they will send out another one to you, free of charge (atleast I've heard of people doing that, I can't confirm it, but GF usually has good customer service, so I don't doubt it being possible).

i picked this up for $12.50 some time back, but it's easily worth more, and definitely worth 20 bucks. i'm on my third play-through. Professional difficulty is downright brutal at times, but never feels impossible. also, being able to join up with someone in Co-Op at any point in the game is cool too.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I've honestly never had a problem with their used games, so-far, pretty much every single game I've ordered from them, with the exception of Eternal Sonata (which was a rental, but I used "Keep It") which was scratched up abit, but still worked perfectly fine.

Unless I'm wrong, if the disc is too scratched, you can also send it back to them and they will send out another one to you, free of charge (atleast I've heard of people doing that, I can't confirm it, but GF usually has good customer service, so I don't doubt it being possible).[/quote]I've tried to do that in my first order from them and they refused to provide replacements, as they didn't have any more of the games. :roll: They either offered return and replacement or nothing. When I had issues with the second order, I had the same issue. So, I swore off of them from that point forward.

I ended up getting them resurfaced and they worked.

I'm not saying everyone will get crap games like I did, though if you look through the last few GF sale threads, you'll see I'm not the only one getting crap games.

when you keep a game from them you know what you are getting since you have the disc already

the buy it games though they usually clean the discs up pretty good before they sell them

and the PS3 games I don't think I've ever really seen any damage to a blu-ray disc yet unless someone was really trying to damage it

[quote name='shrike4242']I've tried to do that in my first order from them and they refused to provide replacements, as they didn't have any more of the games. :roll: They either offered return and replacement or nothing. When I had issues with the second order, I had the same issue. So, I swore off of them from that point forward.

I ended up getting them resurfaced and they worked.

I'm not saying everyone will get crap games like I did, though if you look through the last few GF sale threads, you'll see I'm not the only one getting crap games.[/quote]

Sounds like someone had a bad experience, I bought Bioshock form Gamefly and the game didn't work so they exchanged it.. I guess they had extra copies. When you buy a game on sale it is possible they run out but they should have refunded your money.

Very tempting...I have a $5 off coupon and 10% to come up at least $15 and change after tax.

Not sure what system to get it though considering I have both a PS3 and XBox 360.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm not saying everyone will get crap games like I did, though if you look through the last few GF sale threads, you'll see I'm not the only one getting crap games.[/quote]

Exact same experience here, especially on the older titles (I've been a paying member for years). Unless I rent it first (to check the condition of the disk) before deciding to 'keep it', I pass on gamefly used game sales.

bruceg

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had a problem with GF and I've purchased a bunch of games from them. I got it for $12.99 with discount and my monthly coupon... definately worth at that much.

just got the e-mail that this game is being sent to me. if i like it and the deal is still going on, just might keep it. damn, my entry $5 coupon just expired a few days ago too.

I've ordered over a dozen games and most have been excellent condition but a few were scratched up. For me they've all played without issue.

But you should keep in mind they are former rentals and if the disc was actually sent out a few times... Well some people don't take very good care of rentals.

I must be one of the lucky ones. I've ordered well over 20 games, and every single one of them was in excellent condition, with only a few of them having light scratches.

Seems like I am always jumping in on these GF topics. Personally, I have had few issues with the games I have bought or rented from GF. One was pretty DENTED up along the edges, but it still worked. Others were scratched up, but they also worked. I've never gotten a game from them (probably about 30 games) that didn't work.

I might pick it up at this price. I have the guide for it since I found it for a penny which gives me even more reason to buy it.

This is the exact price I've been waiting for!

However, I don't really need it right now... So, I'll wait till I get paid on Friday; if it's still available, I will buy.

I have been a member (off and on) since 2005
Here are my "Stats" so far

Purchased 8
Rented 102 games
Lost 5 ( methinks Dirty Mailman is the culprit

Out of all those games sure some were scratched but nothing a good cleaning couldn't take care off

However their rental system sucks a fat one it takes forever to get a 4 month old game(i just received GRID yesterday) i think i am going to leave'em once my subscription runs out.

I have a code for a free month trial. Does anyone know if I would get free shipping if I used the free trial first? I probably won't use the code for the trial unless I could get free shipping on the used games.

[quote name='Lethal04']I have a code for a free month trial. Does anyone know if I would get free shipping if I used the free trial first? I probably won't use the code for the trial unless I could get free shipping on the used games.[/quote]Nope.

You have a to be a non-trial member to get the free shipping.

[quote name='Gspoon']However their rental system sucks a fat one it takes forever to get a 4 month old game(i just received GRID yesterday) i think i am going to leave'em once my subscription runs out.[/quote]

I think GF is great, but only if a few conditions are met.

- you need to make sure your games get scanned. Without FastReturn, you could be waiting quite awhile for your turnarounds.

- it also helps if you are close to one of their shipping centers.

- realistic expectations need to be had. There are a lot of GF members, and everyone is trying to get the newest games. If you really, really want a certain game, you need to clear your GameQ. You might have to wait an extra day or two, but everytime I have done this, I have gotten the game I wanted, no matter what the availability was. The largest your GameQ, the more realistic you have to be about the games you get. The best compromise is to keep your list shorter and full of games you actually want.

Is anyone still playing this online. I rented this three monthst ago or so. Played through it. But I could never find anyone to play the bonus download content via co-op. I tried to find CAG's, I tried waiting in the lobby for fifteem minutes, I tried for two weeks. Not a nibble.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']i can't figure out how to buy two without going through the checkout process twice.
maybe i'm just dumb.. wait, dont answer that[/quote]

Unfortunately you can only purchase one game per order, which is pretty lame.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I think GF is great, but only if a few conditions are met.

- you need to make sure your games get scanned. Without FastReturn, you could be waiting quite awhile for your turnarounds.

- it also helps if you are close to one of their shipping centers.

- realistic expectations need to be had. There are a lot of GF members, and everyone is trying to get the newest games. If you really, really want a certain game, you need to clear your GameQ. You might have to wait an extra day or two, but everytime I have done this, I have gotten the game I wanted, no matter what the availability was. The largest your GameQ, the more realistic you have to be about the games you get. The best compromise is to keep your list shorter and full of games you actually want.[/quote]

Hey Bro

First.
How do i make sure my games get scanned ? Sometimes they get FastReturn scan other times they don't its totally inconsistent ( I always drop off ALL of my mail @ the post office,in side not the drop box )

Second.
My Games come from Tampa thats about about an 11 hour drive or 700 miles to Florence, Alabama. so i figure 3 days turn around

I compare that with Netflix which for me is a 2-3 day turn around

Third
I think 4 months wait for a game to be had is a long dam time dont you ? and my GameQ has like 5 or less in it @ a time i keep regular a watch on my list i have given up on more than a handful of titles because of this.

but you know what ill try your technique and empty my Q and only put 1 game in it and see what happens.

BTW nice on the XBL and PSN ids ?there can be only one?

[quote name='Gspoon']Hey Bro

First.
How do i make sure my games get scanned ? Sometimes they get FastReturn scan other times they don't its totally inconsistent ( I always drop off ALL of my mail @ the post office,in side not the drop box )[/quote]

Personally, I make sure they scan them for me right at the desk. Keep in mind that not all post offices have the latest equipment, so this might not be possible in your area (something GF warns about on their site).

Third
I think 4 months wait for a game to be had is a long dam time dont you ? and my GameQ has like 5 or less in it @ a time i keep regular a watch on my list i have given up on more than a handful of titles because of this.
Yeah, I can understand your frustration. I think if you're really into trying to get the most recent titles, buying a pass at a BBV (I assume they still have these) might be a better option.

but you know what ill try your technique and empty my Q and only put 1 game in it and see what happens.
Yeah, give it a go. I've done it about three or four times, when I really, really wanted to rent something, and it worked everytime. The turnaround was a little slower than usual, but not much...a day or two more than I have come to expect.

BTW nice on the XBL and PSN ids ?there can be only one?
LOL...yes, only one. I will slice off the heads of all others.

picked up two copies for me and my lil bro to play.
the demo was pretty fun and the whole agro element makes it a different from a regular run n gun shooter.
hopefully i get a good copy

This should probably be in another thread, but nonetheless Culdcept Saga is now $16.99 through gamefly. This game has probably received the most gameplay on my machine, but it is definitely not for everyone.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I think GF is great, but only if a few conditions are met.

[/quote]

Exactly how does one make sure of that? Some of mine get scanned, some don't. I haven't found any pattern to where I mail them from on one way or the other.

And I think the turnaround is overrated anyway. I don't think there are too many CAGers that don't have a backlog of games they can play while they wait. That's my biggest problem is playing GF games instead of games I already own, so I don't really get my money's worth because I don't turnaround enough games.

EDIT: I didn't refresh the page and missed your response. Do you have any more specifics on what scanner you are talking about at the post office? I don't believe my rural post office has the scanner they need, even though they have scanners. Any way to tell what to look for? I guess I could just try it. . .which I will on my next return. Will the Post Office drones know what I'm talking about if I tell them I want it scanned?

[quote name='turls']Exactly how does one make sure of that? Some of mine get scanned, some don't. I haven't found any pattern to where I mail them from on one way or the other.

And I think the turnaround is overrated anyway. I don't think there are too many CAGers that don't have a backlog of games they can play while they wait. That's my biggest problem is playing GF games instead of games I already own, so I don't really get my money's worth because I don't turnaround enough games.

EDIT: I didn't refresh the page and missed your response. Do you have any more specifics on what scanner you are talking about at the post office? I don't believe my rural post office has the scanner they need, even though they have scanners. Any way to tell what to look for? I guess I could just try it. . .which I will on my next return. Will the Post Office drones know what I'm talking about if I tell them I want it scanned?[/quote]

1) Well, if you have a large backlog, and you don't think GF benefits you, that's entirely your own situation and opinion. Personally, the whole reason I got GF was to stop buying games that just ended up sitting there until I got around to them. Now, I buy a few games that I am really, really interested in and wait for anything else to come from GF. I have saved myself hundreds of dollars this year by just spending $25 a month on the two-game plan.

2) If your post office is up-to-date, there should be a scanner right there at the desk. If they scan packages that you take up to them (shows up as "accepted" when you check the tracking on USPS.com), they can scan the barcode on the GF envelope.

That is a great price that I would totally take advantage of if I had some fucking money :headache:

I really need to find a job on campus before the new AAA games start coming out...

bread's done
Back