Army of Two Special Edition - $19.99 at PlayAsia

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
ao2.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-15-army of two special edition-70-3azv.html

Supposedly, it comes in a big box with a Korean strategy guide. I don't know what else is included, but I'm in for one!

I would highly recommend getting this. This game is horribly underrated in my mind, yes it is short, but it is still an excellent game nonetheless, and if I did not already have it, I would be all over this great deal.

Shipping was $17 for me in a bubble mailer, $19 for a box. I might have considered it if shipping was less than half that. I know it must be expensive for them to ship.

I saw AoT at my local Best Buy this weekend for $19.99. It wasn't the special edition though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheH2s']I saw AoT at my local Best Buy this weekend for $19.99. It wasn't the special edition though.[/quote]

You'll never see the SE at any Best Buy store since it's exclusive for Korea.

I thought this game was pretty decent. I'd only recommend the game if you're able to play it the way it was intended: co-op. This is a ho-hum experience playing with the AI.

The PS3 version had on odd issue where the image wasn't large enough to fill the entire screen. There were black borders on all four sides of the screen. It's the only PS3 game I've seen that does that. Looks like the developers had to cut some corners to get it to run up to speed on the PS3.

Yeah the game was decent, I sold it after I beat it, and if shipping wasn't so high for this, I'd definitely jump on this. Looks pretty cool.

It's worth noting that this game is region locked, according to Wikipedia:

[quote name='Wikipedia']The PS3 version of Army of Two is also the first game for the console known to be region-locked. EA claims that the region-locking is to prevent network lag caused by players from multiple regions, and to prevent the Asian region console owners from playing the US and European version of the game, as the Asian version has been censored to meet certain requirements. Nonetheless this move has received criticisms from certain parties.[/quote]

I'm kind of skeptical about the game itself being region locked (I've never heard of any PS3 game being region locked), but I know for sure the online portion is. With this being the Korean version, this is worth mentioning since it means you might only be able to play the game online with people who have Asian versions (I think it's just locked by continent, not by country) of the game. I don't know how it does the region locking (whether it can detect where you're playing from or which version you're playing), but because of this I'd be wary of purchasing this.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']I would like this set but I'm not into a Korean strategy guide. Thanks though, the set looks fairly cool OP.[/quote]

I have a BUNCH of the normal AOT guides and a bunch more of the Best Buy bundles that I'm just sitting on.

Also, how is this game? I was hoping that they were going to release a PS3 version of Frontline: Fuels Of War, but after waiting about 6 months for a PS3 release, I found out it was cancelled.

Is this similar to that game or something like Rainbow Six?

bread's done
Back