Army of Two: The 40th Day

NTolerance

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57530

Sounds strange to get excited about an EA sequel, but I really liked Army of Two, so I'm glad to see that this is happening. The aircraft carrier mission was epic, co-op (especially splitscreen) was excellent, and weapon customization was just icing on the cake. Free DLC was a nice surprise as well.

Now that the engine is built I hope to see lots of little tweaks and polish with the sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully this one is longer. A friend and I played through the entire first game in an afternoon. The game was fun but nowhere near being worth anything close to full retail.

[quote name='BillyBob29']Hopefully this one is longer. A friend and I played through the entire first game in an afternoon. The game was fun but nowhere near being worth anything close to full retail.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the free DLC levels?

Oh, BTW the aggro system was fun and innovative.

Better co-experience than Gears 1 or 2.
But do not play this game alone, it's only fun co-op.
[quote name='VipFREAK']So predictable... don't learn, just keep pumping out crap.[/quote]First one sold well. About a million overall.

Definitely liked the first one but only because I had someone to play co-op. My kamikazee style of play doesn't bode well with the AI

I'm playing this game right now and there is NO ONE else playing it! I have only found one player who, luckily, was willing to play through most of the game with me. Aside from that one dude, I have never been able to find anyone else playing this game online. It's retarded. I'm going to have to play that last 2 levels solo, looks like. That being said, it's a fun game. The co-op is cool and works really well with the aggro and all that. Looking forward to the sequel.

[quote name='7thton']I'm playing this game right now and there is NO ONE else playing it! I have only found one player who, luckily, was willing to play through most of the game with me. Aside from that one dude, I have never been able to find anyone else playing this game online. It's retarded. I'm going to have to play that last 2 levels solo, looks like. That being said, it's a fun game. The co-op is cool and works really well with the aggro and all that. Looking forward to the sequel.[/QUOTE]

I don't have enough contiguous free time to schedule anything myself, but you might want to try posting in the AoT threads in the 360/PS3 subforums depending on the version you have. A fellow CAG might be able to set something up.

Does anyone remember the ammo bags from the first game? I could never tell which ones were which (primary, secondary, special). I hope the ability to swap ammo with your parter is added.

I was also thinking that an in-game storefront for the weapon upgrades would be more immersive. In the first game you just get dumped to a menu in between levels. Hell, just get the RE4 merchant to set up shop. :)

I'd also like to see experience-based weapon and ability upgrades rather than the strict monetary system. This would reward you for using certain weapons rather than just sticking with what you're comfortable with.

Finally, they should rip horde mode off from Gears 2.

[quote name='NTolerance']I don't have enough contiguous free time to schedule anything myself, but you might want to try posting in the AoT threads in the 360/PS3 subforums depending on the version you have. A fellow CAG might be able to set something up.

Does anyone remember the ammo bags from the first game? I could never tell which ones were which (primary, secondary, special). I hope the ability to swap ammo with your parter is added.

I was also thinking that an in-game storefront for the weapon upgrades would be more immersive. In the first game you just get dumped to a menu in between levels. Hell, just get the RE4 merchant to set up shop. :)

I'd also like to see experience-based weapon and ability upgrades rather than the strict monetary system. This would reward you for using certain weapons rather than just sticking with what you're comfortable with.

Finally, they should rip horde mode off from Gears 2.[/quote]

You can enter the store from the main menu though, before you begin your game.

[quote name='7thton']You can enter the store from the main menu though, before you begin your game.[/QUOTE]

Right, but what I mean is a store or merchant that's physicaly rendered in actual gameplay.

First trailer is out:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58444

Nothing too revealing unfortunately, standard trailer stuff where gameplay is non-existent. I did catch a glimpse at what appears to be a flamethrower.

I was just thinking that an interesting co-op mechanic would be one where someone paints a target with a designator and the other fires the projectile, or maybe one person plants some C4 and the other detonates it. Hopefully they'll come up with some other enjoyabe co-op elements.

I also remember that the dual analog aiming in the original was especially precise compared to other shooters. Did anyone else notice this?

Oh, and while we're on this topic:

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BRO FIST

SEND THIS FIST TO 5 BROS OR YOU AREN'T A BRO.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back