Asian box set editions?

Docsamson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
They seem to be all over the place on ebay, and all state that the only difference is a few markings on the outside of the package and added language tracks or something similar. Can anyone verify any of this stuff? I'm looking to get the Shield Seasons 2,3.

Yeah there are so many bootlegs on Ebay that it's really hard to tell if it's legit or not. Anyways some of the DVDs will not even play unless you have a DVD player that plays all regions.

There are region 2 versions of the Shield. The European versions. I don't have those but I've heard they're actualy better than our domestic release. The domestic version of the shield is full frame while the international versions are widescreen.

Of course I've only heard that from word of mouth so I could be wrong. But once I get a region free DVD player I plan on getting the european versions of the Shield.

Season 2 is on sale at Amazon UK. It'll cost about $31 US to have it shipped here. At least, that's according to Yahoo Currecny Converter. You need a region free DVD player.

The Shield Season 2 - European Release Region 2

sometimes it might be the retail disc from other countries, and those are not bootleg. Just make sure they work in a region 1 dvd player.

I've had a lot of luck with these. I think I've only run into one set that wasn't region free and that was a Korean TV series. (thou I think it may have been the real box set)

They are bootlegs or at least all the ones I have picked up were. But I really don't mind or care. I much rather spend $30 on Season 1 & 2 of 'Sliders' then $80. Or $15-$20 for each season of Alias. They are DVD copies (Most of the time copies from HK so there are extra Language tracks) so its not like the quality is bad or I'm missing out on features. Also they seem to remove the Region lock outs on these DVD too so you can play them on any DVD player.

The only thing differnt between these and the ones you buy in the stores is the amount of cash you save and that most of them are Region Free.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']There are region 2 versions of the Shield. The European versions. I don't have those but I've heard they're actualy better than our domestic release. The domestic version of the shield is full frame while the international versions are widescreen.

Of course I've only heard that from word of mouth so I could be wrong. But once I get a region free DVD player I plan on getting the european versions of the Shield.

Season 2 is on sale at Amazon UK. It'll cost about $31 US to have it shipped here. At least, that's according to Yahoo Currecny Converter. You need a region free DVD player.

The Shield Season 2 - European Release Region 2[/QUOTE]

Yes the Region 2 releases for "The Shield" are WS, along with Seasons 4-7 of "Buffy" as well.

bread's done
Back