asian xbox 360 games are all 39.99 only :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackaikai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
grrrr I should have waited for the Asian xbox 360 system...the games are all only 39.99!!! (all of them have English I think and a couple even comes with Chinese, WAIT, I READ CHINESE!!!! damn)

here is the link to play-asia

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-bn-49-en.html

here is play-asia's regional compatibility guide:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

quick update:
GRAW = no region lock, it's the same game as US version
COD2 = no region lock
Far Cry = no region lock
Tomb Raider = no region lock

I think you can play most xbox 360 games region-free so far.

http://forum.lik-sang.com/showthread.php?t=9766

Lik-sang has a pretty sizable thread listing region-free games. As I understand it, the big compatibility issue is between NTSC and PAL, not regions.

edit: oops, I read through the thread more carefully, and it seems most of US games (excluding EA games) are region-free and playable on non-US xbox 360s, but the Japanese games are mostly locked to NTSC-J xbox 360s.

[quote name='mbstuff']Lik-sang has a pretty sizable thread listing region-free games. As I understand it, the big compatibility issue is between NTSC and PAL, not regions.[/QUOTE]
That shouldn't be an issue with the 360, I thought every game was required to support HD output.

Damn, those are some nice prices, especially if the US-based games have English as an option. There is no way those games aren't region locked at those prices. =\

I wish games were 39.99 again. I have 5 xbox 360 games and find myself not wanting anymore since i cant do special deals or even match a fry's ad anywhere locally anymore.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I wish games were 39.99 again. I have 5 xbox 360 games and find myself not wanting anymore since i cant do special deals or even match a fry's ad anywhere locally anymore.[/QUOTE]

For me, it's gotta have something special to warrant $60. Just being the game isn't enough. Which is why, for 360 games, I am either going to wait for deals (such as CC's GRAW $50 deal) or just buy them used off from sites like here and GTZ for $40 a few weeks after they come out. Got FN3 that way last week.

And when the hell is Lynnwood gonna get a Fry's?!

[quote name='wannabepunktony']For me, it's gotta have something special to warrant $60. Just being the game isn't enough. Which is why, for 360 games, I am either going to wait for deals (such as CC's GRAW $50 deal) or just buy them used off from sites like here and GTZ for $40 a few weeks after they come out. Got FN3 that way last week.

And when the hell is Lynnwood gonna get a Fry's?![/QUOTE]

Never, why would they? They placed fry's in renton intentially for Puget Sound location purposes, so it doesnt seem like they have any future expansion in mind here.

Holy fuck. That's nice.

I doubt the japanese will appreciate it, they'll just think the 360 is of inferrior quality.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Holy fuck. That's nice.

I doubt the japanese will appreciate it, they'll just think the 360 is of inferrior quality.[/QUOTE]

japanese xbox360 games are actually around 59.99 too..maybe they should lower them down to ~39.99 to get more of those systems off the shelf

these are the asian system (Hong Kong, Taiwan and etc..) games

sheesh if you people could just be patient and wait a couple of years, the games will all be super cheap(the usa versions will go platinum hits etc)

[quote name='dracula']sheesh if you people could just be patient and wait a couple of years, the games will all be super cheap(the usa versions will go platinum hits etc)[/quote]

This is exactly what I was thinking, even with an xbox 360 sitting in my room (waiting for some gamefly rentals to come in), but then I was at a best buy today and saw fight night 3 running. It was jaw dropping gorgeous. I was only watching behind the two guys who were playing it, and when roy jones got hit by an especially vicious hook, I "felt" the imapct and cringed. Now I don't know if I can hold off on buying some of the AAA titles as they come out. I was walking toward the counter with a copy of fight night 3 before I said to myself "holy crap, that's 65 bucks with tax" and thankfully found the self-restraint to put it back. Don't know if I can do that again.

[quote name='dracula']sheesh if you people could just be patient and wait a couple of years, the games will all be super cheap(the usa versions will go platinum hits etc)[/QUOTE]

You got it man. I usually stay about 1-2 years behind the curve and still play great games and save a bundle. When you are all playing Prince of Persia 3 I am playing Prince of Persia 2. When you are playing Tony Hawk American Wasteland I am playing Underground 2. Generally I won't pay more than $10-15 and I like it that way.

Dell has coupons every now and then that take $20 any electronics and accessories purchase that is over $150. The deal is that sometimes these coupons have a glitch and it will deduct $20 from every item that is over $20, regardless of the total amount. i jumped on this last month and bought 3 xbox 360 games for $39.99 each using the coupon code. one was burnout revenge, which i just received a few days ago and the other two were Project Gotham Racing and Perfect Dark Zero. i already had PGR, so i ended up taking that to target to trade in for GRAW. unrelated to buying these games, i also bought some mice and keyboards that were regularly 21.99 to 29.99 each...got them for 1.99 to 9.99 each after applying the coupon code. dell is always releasing coupon codes...just have to be patient for getting a code that has a glitch and works in our favor.

[quote name='Purkeynator']You got it man. I usually stay about 1-2 years behind the curve and still play great games and save a bundle. When you are all playing Prince of Persia 3 I am playing Prince of Persia 2. When you are playing Tony Hawk American Wasteland I am playing Underground 2. Generally I won't pay more than $10-15 and I like it that way.[/quote]

Even two months behind the curve will save you 50% on most games used.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I wish games were 39.99 again. I have 5 xbox 360 games and find myself not wanting anymore since i cant do special deals or even match a fry's ad anywhere locally anymore.[/QUOTE]

That sucks I price match fry's all the time here in Chicago. I got Full Auto for $44.99 and Fight Night for $47.99 plus I had a $25 gift card and $5 rewards certificate for Best Buy so I got Fight Night for a little over $16 bucks.

I've been to the Fry's twice in Downer's Grove and it is an excellent store I hope they open one more in the Chicagoland area someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back