Asking too much for a trade?

shortshire

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sorry to point this at too many of you that have put your trade lists up. Many of you have reasonable games you want to trade for and I am not attacking you with this topic but one thing that is starting to annoy me is that I see games people want to trade for on this website that they know everyone else is looking for. I notice someone have normal common games for trade and did not want to trade them to anyone because he thought his items were too good and wanted suikoden 2, a rare game everyone is looking for. I am also starting to get annoyed with other people asking too high of a price for a lot of their games, someone was trying to sell atari 2600 games for over 15 dollars a piece. All I am really saying is that people should really think about what to trade and sell and don't be a jackass and ask too much for it. Thank you and flame shield on

I agree to a certain degree, but let's also remember that these are their material possesions which they can sell or trade to whatever they see fit.

hmmm... just wanted to say why is this a problem? people ask for bad trades all the time, and why is it a big deal? Is this threatening you or anyone else?
I didn't think so.
And who had the atari games? I don't remember those. And usually people give those people a lot of shit when they have bad lists/wants

And I am sure that most of the time that people want Suikoden 2 they trade multiple things to get it.

Don't be a troll

I should pm people but I see bad deals all the time. I just want to get this topic out there and just make a point to people whole like to trade. Sorry if I did offend anyone but I just want to make a point. And I did get messed up on a sale on this website, I made the person return my money because I was about to report them.

[quote name='shortshire']I should pm people but I see bad deals all the time. I just want to get this topic out there and just make a point to people whole like to trade. Sorry if I did offend anyone but I just want to make a point. And I did get messed up on a sale on this website, I made the person return my money because I was about to report them.[/quote]

Like what though? What is a bad deal? Just because someone puts Suikoden on their tradelist doesn't mean that they are trading one for one. You can't complain and not give specifics.

Eh you'll find that problem anywhere that people have goods to sell or trade. You just have to live with it. Flame shield or not I don't think that's going to change anything.

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75']hmmm... just wanted to say why is this a problem? people ask for bad trades all the time, and why is it a big deal? Is this threatening you or anyone else?
I didn't think so.[/quote]

Plus, they're great to make fun of.

who cares. If it doesnt involve you then it isnt your problem. If its a bad deal then dont jump on it. most of us have been here long enough to know what is a craptastic deal and whats a good one.

I understand what you mean. One thing that happened that changed my outlook was this:

JOEBOO and I were working on a trade. It seemed like we weren't on the same page. So I wrote something along the lines of I'm not trying to be a jerk. JOEBOO said don't worry about it no big deal were just trading and I wasn't implying you were a jerk. It made me laugh at myself. The thing is if you don't want to trade or feel people aren't being reasonable with selling you don't have to trade or buy it. Also JOEBOO and I have done about 4 or 5 trades at this point and it just goes to show patience can be a virtue.

Thanks jkam, I think what people forget is that this is suppossed to be FUN not difficult and it requires patience and understanding when dealing with people. sometimes stuff happens (personal problems, death in families, illness, slow postal employees, etc.). but if you treat people fairly everything usually goes smoothly. Although there is the occasional ass on this site, and I don't mean cheapass either, that can ruin it for everyone.

Also I seem to be seeing a lot of public bashing with people posting nasty names and user names in subject. That should be put in a PM. That kinda stuff can back-fire badly and it really isn't fair. Everyone needs to remember that they were once a newbie or noob or whatever you'd like to call them. We don't need Cloudspekk type posts or rants or anything else. Just an opinion people.

Just do what everyone else does. Don't trade with those types. Eventually, if they really want to trade, they will lower their expectations. Besides, is it really that big of a deal? It's not like these people are THE ONLY ones that have a copy of whatever it is you are interested in. Move on. Chances are you'll find something better.

[quote name='shortshire']I should pm people but I see bad deals all the time. I just want to get this topic out there and just make a point to people whole like to trade. Sorry if I did offend anyone but I just want to make a point. And I did get messed up on a sale on this website, I made the person return my money because I was about to report them.[/quote]

Could you describe in more detail what happened to your bad trade? I think before one trade on forums like these, it's a good idea to check a person's feedback from previous trades. You can find that in a couple of threads in this forum. Also, I find it's a good idea to always ask for every specific detail about the trade if you are not clear. Don't make any assumptions an item or a trade if it's not stated explicitly.

Everyone value items differently. Sellers want higher price for their stuff while buyers want lower price. If you don't like asking price, don't trade. If everyone else also think the same as you, then no one will trade with that seller. And the seller will be forced to lower the price to sell. It's a free-market.

[quote name='mookiemeister']
Could you describe in more detail what happened to your bad trade?[/quote]

Actually, I'd prefer if you didn't share that with us since the trade didn't go through. What you say could be construed as libel or flat out start a flame war. Saying that the trade didn't go through because the two sides could not agree is more than enough.

To me there is ONE basic rule for a trade.

Would you do the same trade in reverse? If the answer is yes then you have a fair trade. It seems to me a few people here are acting like sharks and trying to get over on people. I don't think it's the majority of trades though.

The reason for this is called ECONOMICS. it is the reason for everything you have. wal-marts always low prices. the rise and fall of stocks etc. Bascilly it works like this the seller want to sell more at a higher price and the buyer wants to buy more at a lower price. and the bad side the seller does not want to sell alot at low prices and the buyer does not want to buy alot at high prices.

i think as long as both parties are happy with their deal, its a good deal. if youre not happy with a deal youve been offered, dont take it, try and work out something better that you would be happy with.

y is it so complicated so complicasted for some of you?
happy=good
unhappy=bad

bread's done
Back